Concerned about the bills (should I be?)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Sep 8, 2008.

1. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

The Bills destroyed the seahawks today. I dont think were the only ones looking to take advantage of brady's absence. i like our chances against a buffalo team over a bradyless patriots... but recently they've been giving us some trouble and they looked fresh today. is my concern about the bills legit, or is a paranoid jets fan used to getting kicked around just nervous about calling the afc east a two horse race

2. Bill Belicheat

Bill Belicheat New Member

Its only week 1....i think the Jets can beat them twice this year...but it will be hard.

3. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

if u can stop the run with the bills and force trent edwards to throw the ball and not just be a game manager u can beat the bills

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

The Seahawks suck. Yes you should be concerned the Bills have a decent young core group of players, maybe on par with the Jets.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Should you be concerned with the Bills? You'd better be. This is NFL - no game is "given" and you should be concerned at all times. On top of that, Bills FO are making smart moves for the past few years. You have every reason to be wary of them.

6. choo-the-J-E-T

choo-the-J-E-T New Member

Their STs look deadly. Hopefully Westhoff can nullify that when we play them.

7. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

No we always split with the Bills, I don't even know why we bother to play the games.

8. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

Bills are a tough team at home

9. TampaBayJetsFan85

Every game is a tought game, lets not forget, the Bills are an AFC East Rival...Just like the Dolphins! Today was an exciting win for Jet fans, not only did we go 1-0 on the season, we won a game that we were supposed to win coming into a game and we also went on the road and won an AFC East game! Thats what good teams do!

Remember when the Jets were 1-15? The next year under Parcells I believe we went 9-7, thats why it was insane to see Jet fans complaining after todays win...I just didnt understand. We have a chance to go 2-0 next week...Another AFC East game! NExt week...It's @ home and the J-E-T-S-Jets, Jets, Jets chant will be in full force!

10. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

Bills are a very good team. In my mind it's a three horse race for the AFC East, and it's gonna be wide open.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Squeaking out with 17-10 score against the miserable KC Herms doesn't sound all that good to me, but then the Jets squaked out with 20-14 against the lowly dolfags... Bills are taking the AFC East!?

12. TampaBayJetsFan85

Sorry...But without Brady as the starting QB, I just cant see this Patriots team winning the AFC East...Or the wild card spots, I just cant see it.

Im thinking Moss will become the Moss of Oakland...

Maroney has never carried the load, not even in College...Welker may have a solid season, far from 2007 though

And the PAtriots Defense has many question marks...Horrid secondary, aging LB's and a D-Line that needs pressure from the outside to dominate games...I cant see them leading the Pats in the same way that the Bears D carried Rex and the Bears O

I'm sorry...But with Brady...They could win game, I just dont see any player on the Patriots offense that can carry them to the playoffs...Maybe next year?

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I can agree that the defense has holes but come on, how can you ignore an an offense that has Moss, Welker, Maroney, and Morris playing like that?

As for the original topic, the Bills have a sick special teams that Westhoff needs to get us ready for. The Jets can't let Parish run like that on PR and expect to win. The defense for the Jets needs to turn it up as well. Those blitzes we were running today got a lot of pressure but they didn't hit they way we need them to, especially not in the final drive (Thank you, Darrell Revis!). Edwards is a better QB than people give him credit for and Marshawn Lynch can kill us if we don't get to him quick enough.

That being said I see a lot of things that I liked in the game today. Thomas Jones gashed the Phins run d, Favre looked sharp, and the defense was getting pressure on the QB which will only improve as they get the proper, real-game experience.

14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Its simple we stop the run game and force trent douchewards to throw... We Win.

15. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

NFC West sux. All the receivers for the Sea Hawks were hurt. Bills got special team TD's in this game. That won't be happening against the Jets. I don't remember Kerry Rhodes or whoever was lining up at the other safety spot coming down near the LOS to try to stop the run against the Phins. The front 7 for the Jets should keep Lynch under control. It wasn't like Lynch had a field day against the Hawks. Combination of Revis and Rhodes should keep Evans from running free down the field.

Ferguson finally seems ready to face A. Schobel. It will be hard to run against them though especially with the addition of Stroud and a healthy Posluzsny. On paper though, Jets look like the better team. All divisional games are tough, but Jets shouldn't be fearing anyone.

16. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

We should definitely go into this game thinking it could be an extremely hard win. The Bill look to be a serious team this year and they shouldn't be taken lightly. Sure we only beat the Dolphins by 6 points and the Bills blew out the Seahawks, but I think that's mostly because we have so many new players that haven't spent enough time together creating a working chemistry. By the time we face the Bills (Week 8) we should be in our stride and hopefully we'll be ready for them.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Should we be concerned about the Bills? Yes but I'm more concerend about the Pats right now. Did Matt Cassel look a like a great QB today? No but that doesn't mean he can't play. I think there is an obvious reason why the Pats are looking to Simms and Rattay but all I'm concerned about is next Sunday at 1:15 here in Vegas. I'll worry about Buffalo when we play them.

18. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

for the past 8 years i've been hearing 'look out for the bills'.

they do give us trouble, but i think w/the brady injury this division is ours

19. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

lol :rofl::rofl::rofl:

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Agreed. Buffalo is a good young team. It will be interesting to see how far Ewards can take them. They do have a good O-line and defense. Those should be very tough games for us.