Comparison Quinn and Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Mar 4, 2013.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

If you are going to come in here and post Tebow sucks like the last 65,000 threads you are wasting time, this post is simply because it is perplexing to me why Quinn is being considered for the Jets.

During Tebow's 2011 run after the last regular season game, Quinn and Tebow had thrown the exact same amount of passes in the NFL....353 (this was right before the Steelers game)

Tebow's stats were overwhelmingly better . Tebow out gained Quinn 3200+ to 2000 in total yards , 17 Passing Tds to 10, 12 Rushing Tds to 1, 887 yards rushing to 187, 2383 yards passing to 1902. Tebow's QB rating was 75.1 , Quinn's 66.8

while Tebow is an after thought the Jets are rumored to want Quinn, it makes no sense :

I am too lazy to make the stats current as this was a great snapshot and the story would not change much if someone did update them.

[​IMG]

2. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

It's because they view Quinn as a depth guy that could push the starter and Tebow as a cancer that players don't like to play with.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I would ask you to point out where any player has ever said he is a cancer , while I point out many players who say he is a great team mate. Anonymous sources do not count.

Would you like to see who wins?

and Quinn couldn't even push Tebow. Or did you erase from your mind the fact that they actually competed head to head for the same spot ?

#3 CowboysFan, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  4. NFL

NFL Active Member

Have you heard any players say that Holmes is a cancer? Is he?

Nobody's going to throw someone under the bus like that.

5. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

one positive is we wont have a Quinnmania section!

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Tebow is better than Quinn. It's the headache that comes with Tebow that we don't like. His fans/media will be what ruins him.

7. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Quinn's numbers from last year.

10 games (8 as starter)
    2 td's 8 int's 1,141 yds 60.1 rtg 56.9 comp % 21sack 66 rush yds

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

His fans? you mean the 7 guys /gals on this forum? or the ones burning down the stadium? I missed the ones at the stadium BTW.

The media YES the fans is completely over blown and media created.

#8 CowboysFan, Mar 4, 2013
  9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Quinn actually got even worse if possible.

I think Rex likes Quinn , who just might be the one QB in the entire world that will not be out Sanchez in a fair competition.

#9 CowboysFan, Mar 4, 2013
  10. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Ahhh, the almighty stat sheet comparisons, with 1000 different variables to determine who is better equipped to be a QB, huh?

Nahh, Quinn sucks too. No chance in hell he beats out Sanchez.... and that is the point to signing him to begin with. About as much as Tebow does, but the press and the Gator fanbase won't be up in Rex's face insisting he should start or be asking him questions about the backup all the time. Getting rid of that kind of distraction alone makes Quinn the slightly better option.

Just wondering if Tebow fans still think Tebow stands a chance to remain a jet, cuz a lot seemed to think so the last few weeks. They seemed to moved past Quinn and more recently have been looking at Garrard.

11. NFL

NFL Active Member

No, he's one of the two QBs that Mark would beat in a fair competition.

12. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Keep cracking jokes its your QBs buddy and I am laughing harder than you if only at clown-chez being your day 1 starter .

[​IMG]

#12 CowboysFan, Mar 4, 2013
  13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

If Tebow stayed with the Jets I might have to root against him. So I hope not.

yes its the Gator fan base questioning Rex all up in his face...right. I see you are as sharp as ever .....

I forgot that stats only matter when they are quoted by you. My bad.

#13 CowboysFan, Mar 4, 2013
  14. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

How else do you compare players aside from your own personal eye test and opinion then?

15. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

There is no possible way he can argue against the fact that no matter how much he thinks Tebow sucks, Quinn is even WORSE. Which is the basis for this thread. he can bring up the non existent fan issue or the old media go to argument but if the game were on the line, no way he would want Quinn over Tebow, not even concerned would say that...so again...why are the jets considering Quinn?

Is it really to find someone that won't press sanchez?

its mind boggling to think that is one of Idzik's options...with Tebow still on the roster.

16. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

cause Tebow's got a bad attitude. coming into town like it's his house and holding some press conference, if he knew his place then this drama would have been avoidable.

17. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

You don't just hold a press conference whenever you want. He was directed to do that by the team. And lol @ bad attitude....the kid does whatever anyone asks him to do all the time. That's part of why he's not a better QB imo.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The obvious answer is that you want your backup QB to be able to run the same offense as the starting QB, which Tebow cannot do here. If Tebow is going to be a backup QB it should be somewhere like San Fran or Carolina or Washington.

Most coaches don't want to have to change their entire offense if the starting QB goes down. It's generally counter productive.

19. Concerned_Citizen

Well, if all it took to compare how great a QB will be or measures up was to check some silly little stat sheet, then a goddamn monkey could make draft picks in the draft or decide who a GM should sign to make their starter..

There is a lot more to it and you know it.

OF COURSE it is all a matter of opinion. Tebow doesn't pass the eye test more most coaches, and that is why his is in this predicament he finds himself. More owners than coaches like the guy, but that has more to do with his popularity and ticket sales than it does with what he can do for you on the field.

Why else would Tebow fans only cite the stats that are convenient and ignore the rest?

20. Concerned_Citizen

You and I both know there is more to do with it than Gator nation. The media love affair with Tebow and him being their meal ticket while trying to manufacture and gravytrain off his legend has plenty to do with it and you know it.

I'm only pointing out that stat sheets aren't gospel. Anyone looking at them can rip them to shreads to make them mean anything they want. Tebowfans have been making that an art since he came into the league. Too many damn variables to be taken seriously at face value.

...unless you think Kyle Orton being on pace to finish near 5000 yards in passing in 2010 before his benching should warrant better consideration for him. Funny, if that doesn't count, then why should tebow's passing stats in college count?