Comments/Reports on 2021 OL

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Nov 27, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

2. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

That’s wild. All accounts are that Sewell is the best o line prospect since Jesus himself...

3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yep.

I'm surprised Creed Humphery isn't on this list - he was supposed to be the real deal last draft but he decided to stay in school. I haven't watched Oklahoma this season has he regressed?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

Yes, I was shocked by that. Trey Smith isn't in there, either.

5. NCJetsfan

I've not heard anyone hyping Humphrey this year. I don't know why. It could be because they've got more footage of him, and oftentimes, the more footage they have of players the more they start nitpicking their flaws.

6. He looks just as stout this season as last.Maybe alittle top heavy..tried to bulk too much in offseason.

Think the thing w Humphrey as w all centers is its eye of the beholder & what you want from the position.

Hes only above average on reach blocks & on the move. But in the phone booth both in drive blocking & in pass pro he has rare anchor & finishing ability. My guess is half the teams like him the other half are meh.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

It sounds like he fits better in a power, man blocking scheme, so if the Jets want him, they'll have to switch. That would be fine with me as Becton can play either, but McGovern I think played zone in Denver as well as with the Jets, so he might not fit any longer.

8. I agree for the most part & think moving to a gap makes a ton of sense. Forgive me for looking back at where the team has previously failed, But Zone has not worked Since they switched in 2015. Team went from a notoriously fierce rushing attack even in poor yrs to being a non threat on the ground.

Still Humphrey would at least be functional in a ZBS bc of his ability to eliminate penetration which on most zone runs is just as critical as guys hitting 2nd level targets.

They could also switch to a power zone similar to what the team had under Mangini/Rex w Bill Callahan.That front 5 other than Faneca didnt have a great reach blocker among them but they all moved well laterally,were powerful & had the feet/hips to mirror.Worked really well. Becton & a guy like Humphrey would be devastating in that type of scheme.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I think the Sewell drop is because he hasn’t played this year. Other opt-outs may see similar dips from their original projected draft status.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Jesus lacked the lower body strength, the ideal length to play OT..... besides his off the charts rankings for intangibles, leadership, and ability to pull off miracles, make him a no-brainer at QB.

12. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Is this Northwestern guy projected to be an early first rounder? Maybe he slides to Seattles first and the Jets grab him. Take a WR at 33 (or after a tradeback), and watch the offense flourish.

Edit: JK looked at a couple mock drafts, he'll be gone lol.

#12 jcass10, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Walker Little and Eichenberg are also two good tackles that will be around and aren't on that list.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Give me some of those Texas A&M offensive lineman in the mid rounds. Don't know a lot about them individually. But watched them today and a couple times this year and they blast open running lanes and protect Kellen Mond like a motherfucker. He's been sacked three times this year. Two of those were given up in the opening game.

Some nasty MFers. I believe 4/5 are draft eligible.

NCJetsfan likes this.