Coming To America

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by highflyer, Aug 26, 2016.

1. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

So I'm FINALLY coming to America in October and I'm looking for general advice. So far we've booked a fair bit in terms of accommodation and internal flights. The plan so far is:

San Diego for 4 days, Austin for 4 days, New Orleans for 4 days, NYC for 8 days after that, then up to Boston, Chicago and then San Fran and travelling around Yosemite and down to LA for approximately the next 3 weeks after that. So around about 6 weeks and we've tried to pack in as much as we can.

Now the vegetarian girlfriend who I'm travelling with seems to think it's a healthy trip and we'll see some nice cute things, some arty things and we'll eat well. I'm planning on seeing as much sport as possible with or without her.

In terms of sport I've got planned a Longhorns game in Austin, a Rangers or Isles game in NYC (both are playing when we're there and I can't get to see the Pens), maybe a Bulls game in Chicago but I'm going to take a day to go see the Kings in Sacramento against the Spurs.

But really I moved around the trip once the schedule was released to make sure I was in NY for the Jets-Ravens game on Oct 23. The girlfriend doesn't really want to go to Jersey with me for it so I need help. I'll gladly go by myself but want advice for tailgaiting, getting tickets etc. If there's a TGG tailgate I will definitely go along to that. 12 years of being a fan and I finally get to see them.

Any advice for the above cities I'm visiting in general would be great and if anyone wants a beer and to show us some cools spots more than up for that as well.

Kerley Shuffle, Satan, nycarl and 4 others like this.
  2. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

Definitely go to Pacific Beach when you are in San Diego... Think Im going to be at that game also, and we usually tailgate, so you are more than welcome to come hang out!

highflyer likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"TAKE US TO QUEENS AT ONCE!"
    <-----
    :D

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You got to take a break from the vegetarianism when in New Orleans at least.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

San Diego is a great city, I highly suggest the zoo and or the Wild Animal Park, head to La Jolla to see the sea lions literally inches from you on the beach. Little Italy has some great restaurants, don't think Del Mar is running when you'll be there but that's an awesome place. Your other half won't have too much difficulty finding vegan food out west or in Austin but the other places... carnivores rule especially in Chi town.

Oh in SD you can head to TJ for an interesting show involving a donkey and a woman ;)

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Inter-species Erotica

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Don't take pictures with any of the characters in Time Square or get sucked in by the guys who give you a CD of their mixtape. Both parties will then harass you for money for the pictures or mix tapes. Be careful in the Time Square area in general, there's tons of scam artists there bro.

Also. Don't be this guy (on the right). [​IMG]

#8 Jonathan_Vilma, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

edit: whoops. Missed your avi, StinkyB.

I was wondering how this card hadn't been played yet!

NYJalltheway and Royal Tee like this.
  10. nycarl

nycarl Active Member

I don't see any mention of visiting the Grand Canyon. I guarantee you it's worth the trip. If you can get a room in the park itself so much the better.

11. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

I won't be eating vegetarian at any point. She is very aware of the joys I will take in eating all the Mexican food, BBQ and Pizza I can.

Yep the zoo is on my hit list for sure. The girlfriend wants to go driving for the day to visit Salvation Mountain near that hobo village Slab City. Not impressed at all.

Looked at going down to TJ... Maybe I'll go down and she can visit her hobo city.

Haha I have that exact Jets jacket and used to love that movie. I will be a very white Arsenio Hall roaming the streets.

Couldn't make it work timewise if I wanted to see the Jets unfortunately. It was planned but the schedule screwed us and we didn't want to give up New Orleans, so we've altered the end so we get to spend time in Yosemite. We're already planning a second trip in a couple of years so I will make sure to see it.

Appreciate the tips people. Any advice on Jets tickets? Just go StubHub?

12. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

awesome trip, hope you can get to see millsy for spurs on court

13. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

14. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Where was nsfw warning lol

15. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

lmao you've never seen this movie? Man, it was on TV in the 90s 24/7. Great movie.

highflyer likes this.
  16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I've seen it on TV a few times this year even. I remember my mom wanted to show it to me when I was maybe 10. Great times, especially the topless girls at the beginning, even though that was an awkward moment for a young me.

highflyer likes this.
  17. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

that trading places and bh cop were eddies best movies