Comcast users = No more NFL Network.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IrishSteveZ, Apr 11, 2009.

1. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

2. bsaeagle64

bsaeagle64 New Member

Is it comcast or the NFL that is the cause of the cancellation?

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

My Mom has Comcast and they have taken advantage of her as a senior and were real bastards about it but NFL Net is full of crap also. Commited to bring the station to us for free my ass, they need more viewers so they want their station to be on basic cable and the cable operators want premium so they can recoup the money they would be paying the NFL Network. I am gald I have FIOS, I would hate to live without the station.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is NOT comcasts fault. the scumbag nfl network really has penis envy of espn. they really really really want a deal like espn has. they want to be in expanded cable so they reach into most every home in america. and can collect 2 to 3 dollars per month per expanded customer like espn does.

think about that kind of money every month.... you thought they were getting rich off of psls!!!!!!!

now comcast and everyone else realizes that the nfl network is a sham and nobody gives a shit about it 80% of the year. sure they have those little games on thursday nights.. guess why they did that? and they cover the draft and combines which nobody gives a shit about. and well and and and they do those little replay things and they have some shows. but honestly wtf does the nfl network offer 90% of the population that ISNT a hardcore football freak? not much.....

however they want all those people to pay for it. and most companies dont want to pay that or to raise the rates of the subscriber to make 10% of them happy.

they really truely are a bunch of cock sucking scumbags. even moreso than the cocksucking cable companies.

5. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

What a bunch of shit. They'll give me no choice but to stream every single game over the Inernet, even if I'm not watching them, in protest :)

6. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I agree with the NFL 100% on this one, if DirecTV, Dish, Verizon, etc. all offer NFLN in their basic package, then Comcast, Cablevision, etc. should have to do the same. Why pay extra for a channel that should be available to everyone?

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

never, ever believe what you hear from a cable company.

they wouldn't even offer half the channels they do and even charge you more for less, unless they didn't have competition from satellite companies and fios.

8. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I could careless who is at fault. I hate cable companies and the nfl is of course looking to make a buck. At the end of the day all the fan cares about is there getting screwed

9. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Comcast sucks and has sucked for a while.

10. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

If cable companies are run by bastards than how do you explain the Dolan family? Good people, and not all insane.

11. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

I actually have done some reading, and made a few phones calls. And from what I've gathered this is 100% on the NFL. Comcast's contract with the NFL Network ends May 1st, and the NFL Network will NOT sign another deal with them. Instead they are asking us to change companies. I live in south florida and unless you're a moron you do not own any type of Dish Network. It rains every single day during the summer and unless you like you're cable blacking out every day, you go with Comcast, there is no other choice.

12. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I just wish everyone could chose what cable company they want to use. Time Warner has such a monopoly over here their the only ones I can have here. It sucks.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Ive been bitching and moaning about this shit for the last few months. I hate comcast. On May 1st, Im having Directv installed at my place.

14. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Pretty sure this is going to make my dad cancel comcast and get Direct TV.

But you're right. Dish in S.Fla is absolutely terrible.

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Not a fan of Cable vision or Comcast but in this fight they are right.

The NFL is becoming like the tobacco industry with a dedicated and addicted fan base. Kicking the habit while tough isn't impossible. The first step is government forcing all NFL viewers to watch the game on small personal viewers huddled in small groups outside of their homes and drinking establishments. The next step is taxing the crap out of it and than finally denying health insurance to all known viewers.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Somebody else will probably pick up covering the draft and combines if NFL network isn't available on Comcast, it's that simple. I couldn't go through draft weekend without seeing who gets what, especially Day One.

17. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

fuck comcast in their stupid asses, thats all I have to say about that.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

LOL.

Seriously though, think about the NFL forcing long-standing fans from their stadium seats all over the country by encouraging huge PSLs. Make them pay dearly to satisfy their addiction. The next step is to pull a Woody Johnson at TC and not have any bleachers set up and move the team to Oshkosh for practices, so the same fans get screwed again, making them even hungrier.

Then you block off Combine coverage and Draft Day action by pulling NFL off of cable TV and invent a way to make them pay for that too. It's all a huge Muslim extremist, Al Qaeda plot, I tell you. They're destroying us from within.

I'm thinking of moving to Somolia and becoming a pirate. This way I can make plenty of money during the week and be able to afford my NFL stuff on weekends. It's the only way left to support my addiction.

19. JetsFan31

JetsFan31 New Member

Ok

What is a PSL? Pacific State Lender?

20. JohnnySample

JohnnySample New Member

That Comcast offers the NFL channel only on a sports package instead of the standard package seems reasonable to me. A whole lot of Comcast customers are not that interested in watching the NFL channel. When Comcast went to that arrangement I went ahead and got that sports package. It think it was an extra $10 per month and included some channels that show European soccer college sports that you don't often see televised. The NFL channel is a real niche channel and it seems very reasonable to package it outside the standard offering along with a few other channels of similar content. The NFL should really back off on this one.

But having said that, the day after I loose the NFL channel on comcast I'm going to call Verizon and have FIOS installed.