Colt Brennan

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Uhm a Jets Fan, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Uhm a Jets Fan

Uhm a Jets Fan New Member

What is everyones thoughts on Colt Brennan, High Draft pick? Good enough for the NFL?

2. nyj55

nyj55 Member

i know kitna's been having success, but the lions should draft him and pry June Jones away and make him HC are at least OC. That'd be fun to watch with those recievers. Just a thought

3. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

He appears to have NFL talent. Even though it is Miami's system, he looks great. Good arm, good touch, good decisions, good everything.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

They drafted Drew Stanton in the 2nd round in April. He's on IR. I can't believe Detroit would draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round in April 2008. I am unaware of Kitna's contractual status, but I'm sure they have plans on Stanton taking over that job at some point. Teams don't draft QBs in the 2nd round unless they have big plans for the guy.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

1. He's a system QB - Where is Timmy Chang now?
    2. Weird delivery - Delivery hasn't bothered Vince Young and Phil Rivers...
    3. Plays against poor competition in the WAC - ...but look at Romo.

I honestly just think June Jones is an offensive guru. He turned Chang into the best passer ever statistically, at least in yardage. Brennan could just be a very special player, but I think a lot of his success has to do with June Jones. A lot of his yards come from quick slants and screens - plus he throws the ball 40-50 times a game. Anyone could rack up those kind of yards if they threw it THAT much, look at Graham Harrell of Texas Tech. No one is considering him to be a 1st rounder and he's put up huge numbers in the passing game.

I don't think he's a NFL player.

6. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

He won't be in the first round if you factor in Brohm, Woodson, Ryan, Booty, and Henne.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Brennan will probably end up the best of any of the 2008 QBs. He has played under a NFL coach for three years so he will know the systems as soon as he come in. His numbers in 2 years are staggering and if he even put up only a third of those in the NFL he would break every record ever set.

Granted Hawaii doesn't play a lot of good teams but his numbers don't change much even when they do.

#7 Don, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  8. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

I think Brennan is better then all of them, besides maybe Brohm. I think he can be a 1-2 rounder.

9. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

At best I might pick him 4th. If you are telling me Brady Quinn slips to the late first, there is no way Brennan is picked in the first, especially with his character issues in the new NFL. There just aren't a lot of teams that are looking to pick QBs high, especially knowing that you can fill the spot in the 2nd or 3rd for much less money.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He plays in an NFL system? Since when does Hawaii use an NFL type system?

Basically what you are saying is that playing under June Jones plus the fact that he has awesome numbers will make him the best QB in the 2008 class...where is Timmy Chang? He played under Jones and had awesome numbers, but he wasn't extremely over-hyped was he? I think the guy's a third stringer in Philly.

Woodson will most likely be the best. Matt Ryan and Brian Brohm could be good starters in the NFL...at least better than Brennan.

I hope he can prove me wrong, but Brennan throws the ball 50-60 times a game and most of those passes are short slants and screens. Where is all the hype surrounding his receivers that are doing most of the work?

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Woodson is probably going to be the most highly regarded quarterback coming out...he deserves to be. He's winning with a mediocre team by making smart decisions and perfect throws.

Brohm might slip, but he shouldn't. He has everything team's look for in a pocket passing QB. I could see Atlanta trading back into Round 1 and picking Brohm if he slips into the teens - but I think Atlanta will most likely have a top 5 1st rounder anyways, so it will be hard to pass on him there.

Ryan is the wildcard. He has a great arm and is an awesome leader. I like him almost as much as I like Woodson, but Ryan seems to force a lot of balls and he gets picked off a lot more than he should.

The main knock on Booty is that he plays with such great talent. I think he is capable of being a starter in the NFL, but he shouldn't go in the first round, unless he has a great combine.

Henne is DONE. He may have lost his job to freshman Ryan Mallett. He'll probably fall into the late 2nd, early 3rd. Appalachian State didn't just take his National Title hopes away from him, but they took what could have potentially been a multi-million dollar 1st round contract away from him.

THE NEXT TONY ROMO - My sleeper for this year out of a small school is Ricky Santos out of New Hampshire. He's been lights out for 3 straight seasons.

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I know the D line coach at Hawaii and Hes very very excited about this Kid and obviously says he will go in the first round .

Hawaii senior quarterback Colt Brennan was held out of last week's game against Charleston Southern and he continues to recover from a sprained right ankle he suffered two weeks ago.

Brennan is not expected to miss any more time with the injury, but was kept out of practice last week.

Meanwhile, senior wide receiver Jason Rivers, who has become Brennan's go-to guy, also missed the game because of a lower back strain Rivers has good size at 6-foot-2, 195 pounds and looks more quick than fast on game tape. He has very steady hands and finds the open spot against opposing defenses.

While Brennan is positioning himself to be a possible high first-round choice, Rivers will be more of a mid-to-late-round prospect unless his 40-time improves in the postseason.

#12 gustoonarmy, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2007