Colt Brennan declares........

Discussion in 'Draft' started by k.Rhodes25, Jan 15, 2007.

1. k.Rhodes25

k.Rhodes25 New Member

NFL | Brennan to enter 2007 Draft
    Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:13:46 -0800

ESPNews reports Hawaii QB Colt Brennan (Hawaii) has declared his eligibility for the 2007 NFL Draft. However, Brennan has yet to sign an agent, so he is capable of returning to school within three days since it is not official.

If he falls to the 3rd(or even or 2nd 2nd rounder)id say draft him. The guys got crazy skills as shown by his record setting #s. he can make all the throws and is a good runner also. Unless we are completely confident clemens our future i think hed be worth a look considering QB is the most important position on the field. The one thing ppl are gunna say is that its the system since hawaii QBs always put up the #s in college but usually cant succeed in the nfl (most recently timmy chang) but i think this guy is more conditioned to suceed

2. dbatesman

dbatesman New Member

That sentence contradicts itself. You've refuted your own argument about being "conditioned to succeed" by noting that Hawaii QBs play in a stat-inflating system that does not translate to NFL success.

Plus, we need way too much work on defense and at offensive skill positions (this is the deepest draft I've ever seen at WR, for example) to be wasting a 3rd rounder on a QB when we used a high 2nd rounder on one just last year.

3. k.Rhodes25

k.Rhodes25 New Member

what i meant by that is he is a first round talent who is gunna fall in the draft because of the past hawaii quaterbacks who have failed to succeed in the nfl. Also the offense he ran at hawaii(quick passes and screens) is basically what we run here. he also gets the ball out quick and with plenty of zip and rarely makes stupid mistakes. Whoever gets this guy is gunna get a player who might be better then both quinn and russell.

4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Sweet!!! I was hoping he would declare, but I didn't think he would.

5. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

He is saying it isnt final...he will make his final decision tomorrow.

6. Tight

Tight Active Member

If we were to use our 2nd rounder on him id be pissed.

7. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

We're not going to take a quarterback. The Jets are going to stick with Pennington and give Clemens the opportunity to wow them this year. If Clemens can't take the job from Chad then he'll back up for another year.

Brennan might not be a system guy, but he probably is. June Jones compares him to Jim Kelly and stands up for his "system guys" but Warren Moon had years in Canada and Kelly didn't play in that system until he got to the NFL.

-X-

8. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

I could really see the dolphins picking him first round

9. Vegi5894

Vegi5894 New Member

I dont think hes a need that we need to address in the second round (even if it is our 2nd round 2 pick). Not to mention that i also believe that his stats are severely inflated and like you said, Hawaii QBs do have a tendency to flunk in the NFL

DE/OLB will be our biggest need to address in the second round if we manage to nab a back like Lynch or Bush in the first. We need to be able to rush the pass without sending in 2 or more LBs

10. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

whats his physical stats

11. Vegi5894

Vegi5894 New Member

I think the stat that everyone is refering to is his touchdowns this season, being that he set the NCAA record for most TD's in one season (i think 58?), or the stat i like to call, one of the most overrated stats in NCAA football, being that the playing field is extremely unlevel, especially when ur playing on a team like Hawaii that doesnt consistently get extremely challenged like teams like Michagan, Ohio State, or any team in the SEC

12. All Star

All Star Active Member

I wouldn't mind spending a third rounder on him and letting him be the third QB for a year and learn the way of the NFL

13. McCareins 81

McCareins 81 New Member

Hawaii QBs dont have a good track record in the pros. Robinson, Rollo and Chang never paned out. I like Hawaii but would pass on Brennan

14. Phyr

Phyr Member

15. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

he must have found out he wouldn't be a first rounder

16. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

..has to be ten characters...

17. McCareins 81

McCareins 81 New Member

Frontrunner for the Heisman in 07? He may just be. Hawaii has to play some early games so the peeps on the east coast can see him or they need a few on ESPN.

18. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

dont forget about ashley lelie

but to be fair, jason elam is one of the all-time great kickers....and from hawaii

19. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

i heard that coaches were saying he would go "extremely" high

should be interesting to see how he does @ hawaii this year considering they are losing some guys along the line

20. Brooks Brady

Brooks Brady New Member

Even if he did come out, taking him would be easily the stupidest thing this new FO could do. QB is not an area of need right now.