Coles and Leberfeld get in post-game fight in locker room

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BenGrahamFan, Dec 31, 2006.

1. BenGrahamFan

BenGrahamFan Member

http://jets.lohudblogs.com/2006/12/31/jets-23-raiders-3-playoffs-baby/

A couple of snippets from the post-game locker room.

First, the near fight.

Dan Leberfeld of Jets Confidential approached wide receiver Laveranues Coles as Coles was talking to a group of us and asked for an update on Coles? health, given the blow to the head he took at Miami Monday night. Now, I had already tried this and was shot down quickly by Coles, who said he would talk about the playoffs, not injuries. I turned it around by saying, ``Let?s talk about that shirt,?? because Coles was wearing a sequined Pink Panther T-shirt, black and pink with a pink sports jacket.

Anyway, Coles told Leberfeld the same thing, except Leberfeld turned and walked away, muttering that now the players were dictating what the media could ask. To which, Coles said, ``And don?t come back,?? calling Leberfeld a curse word. To which Leberfeld said, ``You?re the (blank),?? and told Coles not to tell him how to do his job. At this point, Coles puffed up his chest and said, ``Boy, you better walk away.?? At this point, two Jets? PR representatives grabbed Coles and Leberfeld, who continued to curse at each other. When Coles told Leberfeld again to walk away, Leberfeld replied, ``What are you going to do???

When the dust settled, Coles turned to the rest of us and apologized. My two cents on it is this: I think both were in the wrong, but, as usual, the person with the public image is always more wrong. Coles should know nothing good comes out of getting into it with a media member and if he had actually physically assaulted Leberfeld, he could have been facing legal trouble. Because Coles could really hurt somebody if he wanted to.

2. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

Leberfeld's next column should be interesting.

3. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Leberfeld had Brooks Bollinger's balls out of his mouth long enough to ask a question.

4. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

never mind

#4 ganggreengirl, Dec 31, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Trade Coles for Bollinger?

6. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

:lol: :up:

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Wow I thought these guys would have been in a good mood.... oh wait that was the Herm Jets ; just satisfied to make the playoffs. I'm glad these guys know there is still alot of work to be done.

8. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

I just wish LC wouldn't let these ass holes push his buttons. Don't they understand they aren't allowed to talk about injuries. and if the man doesn't want to talk about it why keep pushing? total jerks... but he'll write his silly little article tomorrow making it look like LC was totally in the wrong.

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

damn Jets confidential. at it again

10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I think it's Leberfelds fault. Coles is a human like he is. He just plays professional football in the NFL for the New York Jets. Skin color and whatever may be the only differences. But they are both human beings.

Leberfeld shouldn't have muttered anything when he was walking away. He must have said it loud enough for Coles to hear, so he probably did it on purpose.

11. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I usually like Leberfeld...who the hell does he think he is? Steve Serby?

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

And the media was wondering why Mangini banned them in the pre-season?

I don't care what Coles said. And no, I don't believe the guy in the public eye is "more wrong." Coles didn't tell him how to do his job, Coles told him how Coles is expected to do his own.

I've hated the media for years, and every time I see another story like this, it just reinforces my feelings.

13. Trend

Trend Member

I think Leberfelds press credentials are going to be pulled before next season

14. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

He works for "Jets Confidential" and doesn't know the players aren't allowed to talk about injuries? I can't stand Dan Leberfeld, complete tool. Even though Coles would have gotten sued, I wouldn't have mind seeing the bastard getting thrown into a locker.

15. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

"Serby" that guy!

16. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

I bet if Mike Tice had been named HC of the Jets Coles would've been forced to answer Leberfelds question.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

These guys have been on order not to talk about injuries ever since Mangini walked onto the scene. The real question is just HOW long does it take the media to figure this out and just STFU about injuries. No one is going to talk about them.

18. The U

The U Member

The players are not allowed to talk about injuries, the media knows that and should respect Mangini's policy.

19. JAMESDEARTH

JAMESDEARTH Member

leberfeld is gay

20. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Of course they know it! By why should the douche bag media respect the rules of the team that issues them the access to the locker room?