Coherent Thoughts (Deep Breath Everyone)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Nov 14, 2021.

1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

I get it, it's as ugly as it gets. Don't even want to go into the details just yet but for all of you saying to Fire Saleh and the coaching staff is hysterical. I know he dropped the ball with that 4th and inches miss but to be honest, that probably makes us lose 45-20 instead of 45-17.Look around, there are some bad teams as well as us. You don't think people are questioning every 2-6, 3-7, NFL team they love that's been bad for a long time and thinking the same thing? They probably are. I do have my issues with Saleh and more so his lack of involvement with the refs and for standing up for his players but that's another issue. I don't think any HC can do well here currently.

As much as we want to look away, and we couldn't be any more disgusted, now is when the season gets good. The next few games are Miami, Houston, Philly, NO, Miami and Jacksonville. There is a chance we win some meaningless games in here and lose out on a stud. But, we will see everything you want to know about this staff and most importantly ZW this next month. It's put up or shut up time for a lot of these guys, JD included. While Zac is a rookie, this time off should help him progress.

With regards to Mike White. I do think he is a solid back-up btw. This entire GM and coach will come down to what Zac will show these next few weeks. If we are losing to these teams and your QB is throwing multiple INT's a game, it could get ugly. But, we will see.

I can't say this enough. It's one of the worst rosters in the NFL. I commend JD for not going out and paying guys like Trumaine Johnson. I still think JFM will be a fine and steady long-term player but you can't trade back in round 2 and then get a guy like Mims. Draft a guy like Becton who has been hurt 50% of his career. Draft a guy like ZW who may or may not have it. At the end of the day, you need talent. I look at Buffalo..lock down CB in White. Ed Oliver drafted in a positon you probably draft interior DL. Went out and got Diggs. They put it together the right way.

Joe Douglas has one more off-season and 4 games into next season. I look forward to these few weeks but I worry who will mail it in come the year end. With regards to the draft. I can't even begin to speculate because we have so many holes. I do think we need to target a dominant edge rusher Thibidoux or Hutchinson if we are lucky enough to get them. No more DT's, or safety's in Round 1/2. You need dominant players on the ball every play who impact the game. OL/DL/QB/WR and CB. Everything else can be filled out in later rounds. Lot of chances here with the Seattle pick. Could set us up for future glory if we draft two studs or even trade back for a perpetuity of future firsts.

#1 WoodyHarrelson, Nov 14, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

maybe ZW will become a HOF player and I will happily eat my words but I said it at the time and not seen anything to make me think otherwise - we were crazy for not taking the niners offer and trading back (where we still could have drafted a QB in Mac Jones ahead of the Pats AND had two further first round picks)

boozer32, AndyDrums and tomdeb like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We're gonna suck for the foreseeable future. That's a fact we have to deal with. How long we stay on this path becomes the question. We can excuse anything this team does with the "youth" explanation but at some point, when does that stop being relevant? I'd like to think by 2025 this team MIGHT be able to lose respectfully instead of being crushed.

boozer32, 94Abraham, Wahoo and 2 others like this.
  4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It's amazing. Maybe with a draft pick we can convince ourself otherwise, but there is no reason for optimism next year. That will be 12 years in a row.

5. WoodyHarrelson

And they will be fired within 12 months if that’s case.

6. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Hey, at least Seattle lost again!

Oddly enough, I have more fun rooting for Seattle to lose than I do for the Jets to actually show up.

Jojo, apjbfc, Acad23 and 1 other person like this.
  7. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Our ire should be firmly and primarily focused on Saleh.

I know we aren't a talented team, but we're objectively more talented than last year. That's undeniable. With that in mind, there's no excuse for not at least being slightly better than last year. It's unclear if we are. We may even be worse. If the players are better but the team is not that means the coaching is bad. Gase was a bad coach, Saleh might be a worse one.

8. WoodyHarrelson

How is that? Because we sign Sheldon Rankin’s? Guys like Corey Davis, Rankins, and Moses aren’t that good. Our difference makers will come from the draft.

9. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you.

Jets69, 94Abraham and Red Menace like this.
  10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

You don't think we have significantly more talent than last year?

We have new starters across the board at WR. We have a better RB in Carter. We have better OL this year. We have better CB's this year. We have a better DL this year.

We were a historically untalented roster last year. We are significantly more talented this year yet it's unclear if we're a better team.

11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Saleh does not have this team prepared. He is the defensive guy but they look lost. Mike White 5 minutes of fame is over either Zach or Flacco next game.

Sack exchange and REVISion like this.
  12. jets_fan

Anybody that would allow a guy coming off the bench like Guidry did today to shadow Diggs 1-on-1 should not have anything resembling job security. Douglas should have a long chat with Saleh and Ulbrich about that one. That's beyond unacceptable. Just complete stupidity.

13. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Nail on the head. Gase lowered the bar as low as it could go. Saleh didn’t have to do much to inspire fan confidence. Just show the most minute improvement. Just some basic competence. And with the injuries and youth, hell, our expectations for Saleh were dropped even lower. But I see absolutely no difference or improvement from the Gase led team. None. And I think questions have to be asked.

14. jets_fan

He didn't have to do anything to accomplish that. The fact that he's a living, breathing human being who isn't named Adam Gase was plenty enough.

Wahoo likes this.
  15. Ptflea2

I couldn't believe they left Guidry(coming in cold) alone again after the near Diggs TD! Really? No safety help? Out of all the shitty shit the Jets did today, this to me was the most confusing.

Pepsiguy5, PJ4Ever, NY Jets68 and 5 others like this.
  16. jets_fan

If they're going to play man there, Hall is the one that should be on him. I don't fault Guidry at all for his performance. He was hung out to dry about as much as Lamar Jackson was last year by Gregg Williams on that hail mary against the Raiders. Just an absolutely stupid decision, and one that more than stands out in a sea of stupid decisions made by this "coaching" staff.

17. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

At the end of the season, JD will have to ask himself if Saleh worth keeping in light of the coaching market at the time. The 2022 coaching candidates will include old guard, including Doug Pederson, and changing of the guard candidate, like Matt Campbell, Nate Hackett, Kellen Moore, and Kevin O’Connell. JD should and likely will do due diligence before committing to Saleh. If he does determine either that (1) Saleh sold them a bill of goods or (2) that one of those other options are better, then JD should and likely does know that he’s better off cutting bait early than wasting years with Saleh.

And, yes, the evidence indicates that Saleh sold JD and Johnson a bill of goods. But we have to wait till the full body of work is complete.

PJ4Ever and REVISion like this.
  18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

same - i think that's because there is an element of uncertainty with the Seahawks whereas you can be pretty sure the Jets are going to be awful

Ptflea2 likes this.
  19. jets_fan

He won't have a choice. If he fires him, he's admitting that he made the wrong decision and that puts his own job security on the line.

Saleh will be here as long as Douglas is.

20. Ptflea2

Completely agree. It seems obvious, but what do I know? Does Hall only play one side or something? Diggs is there best reciever, why are we putting a back up, cold on an island......TWICE?!!!!!!