CodeGreens Final Mock Draft 3.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CodeGreen, Apr 14, 2012.

1. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Meant to say Jets Mock

Round 1- Nick Perry DE, USC
    I’m not actually sold on this being the pick. The last two years the Jets have had the benefit of some ridiculously talented player falling to them, a la Wilkerson and Wilson. Something tells me that is slated to happen again my guess would be with Richardson but there are other candidates. Should the Jets select a pass rusher here, I would just opt for Perry since, I think hes the best pass rusher available and still has room to grow.

Round 2- Alshon Jeffery WR, South Carolina
    It is absolutely imperative the Jets come away with at least one big wideout in this class. Jeffery is big and very competitive getting to the ball.

Round 3- James Brown OT, Troy
    It is also imperative the Jets find some sort of offensive line help. Brown has the ability to be a good right tackle, and if all else fails a guard. Either way he is a player with a lot of versatility.

Round 5- Asa Jackson CB, Cal Poly

A team can never have too many good corners. Jackson could be off the board earlier, but in round five he has good value.

Round 6- Jerry Franklin LB, Arkansas

If the signs aren’t clear enough already, Bart Scott is moving on at some point in the near future. Franklin is a well rounded prospect, won’t wow you any where but makes enough plays to get a look

Round 6 comp- George Bryan TE, NC State
    As a general note, I’m predicting tight ends to be over drafted this year. Bryan is pretty much a blocking tight end, but he has some wiggle as a pass catcher. Not a bad skill set to have

Round 6 comp-Garth Gearhart C, Arizona State
    Gearhart’s brother is Toby of the Vikings. Gearhart sort of reminds me of Matt Slauson a bit, both strong as hell but maybe a few agility concerns.

Round 7- Cordarro Law DE, Southern Miss
    Based on name coolness Law is a first round pick. Law is a great pass rusher, but doesn’t really have a position at the next level due in part to playing experience and size. Has enough upside to warrant a selection

Round 7 comp- Robert Blanton CB, Notre Dame
    This guy screams safety conversion. He doesn’t have the quickness to be a corner but he is solid in most other areas and could be a safety down the road

Round 7 comp-Jeff Adams OT, Columbia
    The Jets seem to be really hot for this guy. Basically an upside guy, best thing the Jets could do for him is get him a bit bigger and give him a shot at right tackle.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

I like the 1st 2 rounds... I dont think we go OL in the first 3 rounds, but I like Troy Brown.

Asa Jackson is a good player, but we have way too many holes to draft 2 CBs... It should be the last position we address IMO. We could use a dime CB, but I wouldnt draft one til the 7th.

3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

No saftey? With this mock who do you suppose starts at S next season?

4. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

2 CBs and 0 Safetys?

Besides that, I like it for the most part. Especially the first 2 picks.

5. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I like it Code, and not just because we get THE LEGENDARY NICK PERRY.

Obviously both of the first two players chosen will have a nice impact instantly, and they both fit what we're looking for perfectly.

James Brown is a quality option to slide out to tackle, but I'm not sure he's ready yet to play. Ultimately he'd probably be a RG replacement for Moore if he can't start out at tackle.

Asa Jackson can ball, but I'm not sure if corner is really a draftable position knowing what we need. He'd have to be a lights out value, which I'm not sure he is. That said, I like the idea of Blanton at safety, I feel like ND produces a lot of big corners that could move over.

Jerry Franklin is a masher, and should fit in a 34 if he can just go hit people, and Cordarro Law would be a great prospect to try and develop. He has potential to go with that sweet name.

Nice work.

6. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

If you read the analysis I said that Blanton would be a good fit at safety. The Jets have a bunch of stop gap players there right now, so Blanton could step in his second year