CodeGreen Jets Mock 2.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CodeGreen, Jan 26, 2013.

1. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Jets Mock

Round 1: Jarvis Jones OLB, Georgia
    Three weeks ago I would have said this was wishful thinking. Now I this seems like a possibility. I don’t want to wish a player a bad combine, but a bad performance could lock him into this slot. The Jets have needed a pass rusher for years.

Round 2: Justin Pugh OT, Syracuse
    If it weren’t for his small size, Pugh would likely be a first round pick. Pugh is good in pass protection and run blocking. Is not a super athlete, but has enough ability to get by as a right tackle. Also a good insurance policy if Brick gets hurt.

Round 3: Chase Thomas OLB, Stanford
    TWO times the OLB fun. Thomas is not a great athlete which really limits his upside at the next level. However he is smart and instinctive. He could be a good fit inside where he could be good near the LOS.

Round 4: Montee Ball, RB Wisconsin
    The biggest concern I have with Ball is the amount of carries he has amassed at Wisconsin. His physical tools are not great. Ball certainly understands the mental aspect of being a running back and could probably do OK at the next level with his limited physical tools.

Round 5: Josh Boyce WR, TCU
    I would not compare Boyce to Kerley. Kerley had a skill set much more predicated to a slot wideout. Boyce has more of a skill set for a perimeter wideout. He is tough and does a decent job of getting deep.

Round 6: Shamarko Thomas S, Syracuse
    If he weren’t 5’9” Thomas would be rated much higher. His overall game is very good and he has some ability to play in a nickel corner role.

Round 7: Devin Taylor DE, South Carolina
    Very developmental player at this point. He has some good physical tools but his technique needs a lot of work. Could possibly grow into a 34 end.

2. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Like the first 3 rounds, don't like the rest.

Hate the Ball pick. Too much mileage and doesn't fit our WCO scheme.
    Don't like the Boyce pick. Don't feel like wasting a late round pick on that kind of receiver.
    Would rather take Mathieu if we're going with a late-round short defensive back.
    Taylor is fine- but would rather someone like Zach Line or Philip Lutzenkirchen

3. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

If Montee Ball in the fourth is wishful thinking, Devin Taylor in the seventh is dreaming IMO. If he makes it out of the fourth I'd be shocked. I think he'll go in the third.

I think with ball, you want an ol that will move a guy and not just wall him off, which I'd what you're hoping for with Pugh. Though a wco does often use a zone blocking scheme, which Pugh needs to be in.

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Not enough offensive playmakers i would love to see either Bernard/Taylor/Jamison or Gilleslieinstead of ball and if we were to go o line in the second i think gaurd is more important and have i also have faith in howard but i absolutely love the jones pick and the boyce pick

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Cordarrelle Patterson should be the 1st round pick because he can be our PR and WR. We have a need at both.

He is a playmaker.

6. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Sign me up for that...

7. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

wouldn't mind getting Patterson but Jones fills our biggest need and would hopefully break the pass rushing curse that we seem to have at OLB

8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Bingo. Waiting until Round 4 to address offensive skill positions is risky. It could be a waste of a pick. I'd rather go Jones, RB or WR, then OT in Round 3.

Also do not pick a slow OLB as I just read that description of Chase Thomas. Reminds me of another Thomas that we reached for in Bryan 10 years ago or so. Slow OLB's do not work in the NFL. We need a total upgrade of team speed.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I want no part of Jarvis Jones. Talent wise he is probably the best player in draft and if cleared medically would 100% be gone by 9. If he is available to us that means multiple teams didn't clear him medically. We cannot use a top 10 pick that is a huge medical risk.

The rest of draft is pretty unrealistic.