CodeGreen Final Jets Mock

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CodeGreen, Apr 19, 2013.

1. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Round 1 Jarvis Jones LB, UGA
    You could pretty much pencil in any pass rusher here. However, the fact that Pace and Barnes were brought in means that the front office must be speculating that one of the top pass rushers will not be available. I don’t see this pick being a guard as even DeCastro who was one of the top guards last year didn’t get picked until the Steelers.

Round 2 Justin Pugh OT, Syracuse
    I essentially see Watson, Long and Pugh being the next tier of offensive lineman selected. Pugh offers a bunch of versatility and can pretty much play anywhere along the line.

Round 3 Gavin Escobar TE, San Diego State
    There is a chance Escobar goes even higher as he has some great upside. If for no other reason there is zero depth at tight end on this team.

Round 4 Sanders Commings CB, Georgia
    Revis is likely gone. Commings has some short comings in terms of ability to play zone, but he has the size and speed to be good in man to man.

Round 5 Ty Powell LB, Harding
    Powell is a great athlete with upside as a pass rusher. He is a developmental player and also has some major character concerns.

Round 6 Reid Fragel OT, Ohio State
    This could be a major pick as Fragel could go as high as four. Super, super raw tackle after only being moved there in 2012. Needs a lot of coaching but has upside.

Round 7 Jordan Rodgers QB, Vandy
    Here is the passer everyone wants. Rodgers has been inconsistent but he shows the athleticism prevalent in his brother. Needs to make better decisions but has the physical tools to be a good quarterback.

2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Nice mock, love that you picked a ton of safe picks

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

only thing i would change is i'd take gilisllie in the 4th over cummings. even if revis is gone cb isn't a big need.

4. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

Yea and if you are going to say "Revis is likely gone" then it makes sense to give us the 13th pick too. I doubt we'll draft a corner in the 4th if Revis is still on the team by then. Other than that I like it.

5. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

No safety??? We dont have either S starter on this team at the moment. You can bank on a S being drafted on day 2. I dont get why people downplay S as a huge need for us. Its arguably our biggest need behind OLB.

6. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

CodeGreen, - sorry, but I think you are much better than this.
    I have no problem with Jarvis Jones.
    But Pugh, Escobar & Powell are all guys who look like they have potential, but just really didnt dominate/standout during college play. All of these post-season combine, school pro-day workout standouts.
    Sorry. Not to pour the negativity. Just trying to give some feedback. Feel free to tear into mine if you like.

7. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Yeah, I dont mind disagreement.

Here is my thinking, its all about upside. If a player can contribute at the next level you can take him. Obviously the tape is the most important. This kinda the way I saw it playing out

Honestly, because you can find cheap options at safety almost everywhere. We drafted two last year and neither saw the field significantly. I could see a safety being selected

I think with the signing of Goodson and the possible trade for Ivory means that the Jets arent going to take a running back. Kinda hope I'm wrong because I like some of the players available