Chris Simms at it again....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Dec 21, 2022.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Its the "WFAN Crowd's" fault that Zach Wilson isn't good....

#1 HackettSuxTNG, Dec 21, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
    Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Simms did make a few good points.

1) Zack is more of a home run hitter. Me- Zack has a monster 'bat' and is capable of hitting it out of the park at any moment. He's more of an Aaron Judge than a leadoff hitter that tries to get on base any way possible. A player like Judge will have the most homers, but he'll also have the most strikeouts. Simms says with Zack, we have to be patient, just like with a homerun hitter. Instead of a 'leadoff hitter' type QB that dinks and dunks a hundred short passes, Zack is more of a Brett Favre gun slinger, live and die by the big throw. For what it's worth.

2) Simms pointed to Mike White throwing 57 times against the worst Defense (Vikes) with no TDs, While Zack had 2 throwing TDs in one game.

3) When our not-so-special teams gives up two killer punt returns for TDs or our top Defense gives up a killer 50 yard TD on 4th and 1, everyone still only talks about how ZW lost the game.

Jojo, NCJetsfan, KingRoach and 4 others like this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Right now I'd say he's more of a Dave Kingman...

4. HackettSuxTNG

2022 New York Jets TD Pass Leaders (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/2022.htm)

1) Wilson 6
    2) Flacco 5
    3) White 3
    4) Berrios 1

Let's throw Zack a parade!

NCJetsfan and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  5. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Kingman would be a sought-after superstar in today's game. He was ahead of his time. :cool:

stinkyB and rinvesto like this.
  6. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Fuck you Chris Simms.

stinkyB, CheeseSauce, jilozzo and 3 others like this.
  7. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I would not call Zach a HR hitter. A HR hitter actually hits lots of home runs. Zach is more like a pitcher with a bat in his hands. Occasionally he’ll get a hit but for the most part he’s gonna look incompetent.

stinkyB, 94Abraham, Fiftynine and 4 others like this.
  8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Here is hoping Zach fails we need to keep the streak alive. We are now giving our QBs only 20 games. The next guy we draft we can give them 2 games to evaluate. Fields - What is Chicago's record? Mills- Texans Suck, Lawrence- 6-8, Jones- 7-7. We seem to be doing ok with our second year QB.

We all like to forget that Zach with his up and down performance had his team in a position to win twice in the 4th Quarter. The defense and the coach fucked up. QBs are judged how they perform in the fourth quarter to help their team win. Zach led a TD drive and got his team in position to kick the game-winning field goal did this essentially with no running game

It is much easier to blame Zach. Trevor Lawrence against those same lions 17/31 for 179 yards they scored 14 points. Yeah, but Mike White would have put up 40 like he did against the Vikings and the Bears.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Lol there we go with the the nonsense. Didn’t take long.

Wilson has been the worst QB of the bunch that you just listed. Ranking them based on their records is utterly fucking retarded. Have you watched Lawrence play at all? Or Fields?

10. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Another counter argument to Simms is that a HR hitting QB doesn't usually target the TE for long TDs. We have at least two HR receivers on the roster in Moore and Wilson. Those are the guys he should be targeting for the long ones.

However, I didn't write this to dump on Zach. I honestly can't form an opinion on him one way or the other. Convention has it that it takes about 4 years before a QB gets comfortable in an NFL offense. Unfortunately, franchises don't have that long to decide about a QBs future. It's unfortunate for Wilson that JD has assembled a "win now" roster with a developmental QB still learning the game.

11. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Chris Simms reminds one of the prototypical unscrupulous used car salesman who continues to push the same lemon which nobody is interested in buying. He obviously has some close connection to Zwilson, because it is odd he is choosing the Zach hill for his analyst career to die on. Taking another veiled shot at Jet fans and using a straw man argument does nothing to help him regain credibility as a sensible analyst. Not everybody was born yesterday, as many long time Jet fans have been around the block and can recognize chicanery when they see it.

Simms buries the bar so low for a professional starting QB that even a JV high schooler can eclipse it. We feel you Chris; having a lower career QB rating than Zach may be one reason why you feeled compelled to "stick up" for the kid. Of course, the normie fan who has no problem believing their lying eyes are free to go along with such a biased and subjective analysis.

Csimms is obviously catering to the lowest common denominator NPC crowd and has underestimated the football IQ of Jet fans...while grossly overestimating the football IQ of his boy Zach. Sure, Zach may end up becoming the generational talent Simms and other "media experts" predicted, but as it stands now, I wouldn't spend a penny on his rarest of PS 10 rookie cards. However, throw in a Chris Simms rookie card and the two combined may be worth about a penny, but still ain't buying it.

SOJAZ, papapump and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's okay to be wrong about something, everyone is at one time or another. But to keep doubling down on it makes you look like an idiot or a sleazy salesman.

13. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

This right here is no wonder why we are not a playoff team. This is utter garbage.

14. JETFUEL1580

Exactly, at some point just let it go.

15. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

i was attempting gain perspective in another thread where i mentione dFields.

again, this is not to defend ZW, per se.

its an attempt to look at the Jets within the context of what we know about the NFL ansd draft failures.
    ffs, look at Baker.

ps- anyone who DIDNT know his TD drive was a massive 3sd outlier is a fool.

16. JETFUEL1580

Some posters here love to throw stats and try to convince you that it is the end all. Look at this stat/record it clearly favors my argument lol. Have you watched him with with your eyes? Zach yet again bounced an easy short pass to an open Berrios, threw behind receivers which lead to those same receivers throwing their hands up in disgust. Although, G. Wilson didn't completely bury Zach in the press conference after. The guy stinks plain and simple.

SOJAZ likes this.
  17. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

Ryan Clarke says ZW is a HS QB. Clarke was more accomplished than Simms. Bart Scott, Colon on SNY, they get it.

18. HackettSuxTNG

Even about wanting to cut Braxton Berrios? :D

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  19. JETFUEL1580

I'd cut Berrios before I ever cut Zach.

20. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I think he’s dead on about him being a great power hitter. However, I think I’d rather have 300-100rbi-20hr right now vs 150-70-50