Chris Landry on JT the Brick Show on FSR

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hydro51, Mar 23, 2006.

1. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

he is Fox sports radio NFL insider:
    said the following:
    1) if saints trade #2 pick most likely to Titans to secure Leinart or to Jets to
    secure MARIO WILLIAMS
    2) Arrington most likely to Dolphins (over Jags)
    3) Vandergaht to Cowboys
    4) Runyon "may be close to signing with Jets"

2. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

One day it's Leinart, the next day it's Reggie Bush, and next week it's Mario Williams. Who really knows at this point.

The news on Runyan is hopefully legit.

3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I find that hard to believe. Why would we spend all that compensation to trade for a DE when we just traded one away? Doesn't make sense. If we to 2its for leinart.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I hope they trade up and take Vince Young. It would be a crime to pass on that kid.

5. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Trade up for Vince Young??? are you kidding?

6. xxedge72x

Not at all. In my opinion, Vince is going to be the best QB coming out in this draft. To date, all arguments that I have seen in opposition to him either have to do with the wonderlic or the fact that he's compared to Michael Vick. Each argument smells like swamp ass.

Looking at Vince from a straight QB perspective, just watch film of the guy and you'll see he's incredibly accurate and aware. In fact, I know the two films are laying around here, watch the Vince clip and the Ramsey clip side by side. Vince has more zip, a more powerful throw, and hits his guys in stride, where as every time Ramsey throws the ball the receiver seems to have to stop to catch it. Vince is mobile but his instinct isn't to bolt like Vick. A lot of people are disappointed in Vince's Pro Day because he didn't have a good 40 times and that's because they think he's going to try to be Michael Vick. Wrong.

This guy has the best potential of any QB coming out in the draft. Him and Bush are the only two prospects in this draft worth trading up for. Leinart will be good, but he won't be great. If you want to shoot for the stars, then you draft Young.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Our FO is doing an excellent job of making the sportswriters of NY grasp at straws this year.

8. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

But the Jets could definitley get him at 4. I think Young will drop to 10 or lower.

9. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

I don't think that he will last past the raiders if he was to drop.

10. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Depends on if we take a QB or not. Young could fall even further if Oakland went with Cutler instead.

11. cowboyup

cowboyup New Member

You may be right he is a sprecial athlete, but please don't compare his arm to Ramsey's. I read a quote from Sonny Jerguson from 2003, he said something like - I've been around this game for 50yr and I may have only seen 5 guys with an arm like Patricks........

12. xxedge72x

Hey, Sonny Jerguson has every right to say whatever he wants. Now I challenge you, load two internet explorer browsers, or whatever explorer you may use. On one screen load a Patrick Ramsey flick. On the other load a Vince Young clip. Spend about 15 - 30 minutes just watching how they play. Young is so much more fluid it is incredible.

13. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

If the Jets trade up for Vince Young, or even take him at 4...I'd have an ulcer...The only QB I want to trade up for is Lienart, but i'd be content with Cutler at 4...None of this Vince Young crap.

14. xxedge72x

...Why?...

15. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Pass him up quicker than a blunt that is down to the roach! Trade down, anything.

Vince Young and his shot-gun option bullshit MADE FOR COLLEGE system will not work. His throwing style makes a kid with down syndrome look normal(that was a low blow, sorry). Cade McNown was in a great college system at UCLA and how did he do?

Young would have to learn to go under center, stand in a pocket, READ DEFENSES and his dumbass can't even get a decent score on a test...Change his throwing style, etc.

If the Jets take him at 4, i'd be very pissed. Bust of the draft.

16. xxedge72x

The reality is not too many college teams are running NFL offenses. It can't be held against Vince that he played in an option system and succeeded. Every NFL player coming out of the draft has to learn an NFL system sooner or later. I can understand logically how one would assume that someone who does poorly on an iq test must be dumb, and therefore must not be able to pick up the system. However, that is completely bogus and it has been proven. Here is an example:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/02/27/a1c_combine_0227.html

Right there is proof that Wonderlic scores don't mean squat. Marino, well, we all know enough about him to not have to even discuss him.

Young, like Cutler, has amazing tools at his disposal to be a successful NFL QB. Unlike Cutler, he has directed a winning, in fact championship program.

Young, like Leinart, was a winner, but is head and shoulders above Leinart in all facets of the physical game.

Finally, throwing motion. This is a problem a lot of QBs have coming into the draft. Coaches work on this. All it means is Vince wouldn't start right away. David Carr had a huge problem with a throwing motion coming out. Carr hasn't exactly been successful but then again he hasn't had an offensive line. His throwing motion has been corrected.

Vince will definitely be the best pick, and is well worth trading up for.

17. ACertainShade

ACertainShade Banned

He can throw from the center ya know.

18. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

To get Young I don't think you'd have to trade up. Regardless at 4 we're sitting pretty. D'Brick, Mario or Leinart will be available and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I'd prefer Ferguson, expecting Mario and don't want to see Leinart, but either way we're in good shape. No need to trade up I don't think.

19. jdjets

jdjets New Member

nobody knows, i love it. we can talk about this till we are blue in the face.

20. parafly

parafly New Member

Trading up for Young would be dumb since there is a decent chance he may fall all the way to #10. Also, I do not think that Young is a good fit for the style of offense the Jets will most likely try to implement.

I would much rather draft a QB that doesn't rely on his speed and feet as his number 1 weapon.