Chris Cuomo Suspended Indefinitely . . .(Fired from CNN)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Nov 30, 2021.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

. . . a/k/a FIRED. See ya.

@Petrozza , delete if not allowed, which I'm thinking it probably isn't.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

No surprise here at all.

I totally get that Chris Cuomo was brother first and journalist second. The appropriate way to do that was to resign from his job at CNN and then go help his brother - making the statement that he was putting family above job. No reasonable person would have given him grief for that. Trying to have it both ways was a serious mistake that will damage him further and potentially keep him out of his chosen profession moving forward.

barfolomew and Since1969 like this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Even the nabobs on Fox News are defending him... sort of.

When Joyless Reid gets booted off the air... that'll be reason to celebrate.

Patriot likes this.
  4. Br4d

The nabobs on Fox are almost always twisting facts to help somebody out.

Of course they're defending him.

5. jetophile

Well, to be fair, he isn't actually FIRED fired. And to also be fair, the garbage that Fox News, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, and CBS spew isn't exactly a rung up on the ladder. Everybody sucks.

Anyway, Chris Cuomo, he was constantly posturing when he had COVID. Then he and Andrew would well up on TV I love you, bro, blah blah like Chris had Stage 4 pancreatic cancer and he was in Hospice Care with three days to live.

Then, we had to see Chris work out in his basement, lie about breaking quarantine without a mask when he still had a fever, and disparage a neighbor on the air who called him out. He called the guy a fat nobody instead of being truthful and addressing the situation.

He's just a roided up chooch. He'll probably still get paid according to his contract regardless, and if he doesn't, color me amazed. The other mind-blower at CNN was Jeffrey Toobin playing with himself during a Zoom session. He got his job back, so you never know.

Every network is a cesspool and so many people have gone down on both sides of the aisle. I guess the moral of the story is to not chirp too loudly unless you're clean as a whistle and lead an exemplary life. I mean, Fred Rogers really WAS Fred Rogers, so maybe there's a glimmer of hope . . . ? Probably not.

Patriot, Savatage and dawinner127 like this.
  6. Br4d

Politics is an extension of warfare and everything is political these days.

I doubt we'll see another Fred Rogers and if we did somebody would find a disagreement with him and then a way to throw shade on him. It's just what we do these days.

I'll bet that Tom Hanks is perpetually petrified that he will have to defend himself against some random allegation and because of "our thing" he'll be screwed with some of the fans no matter what he does. This is likely why he is sliding away from America and putting down roots elsewhere.

Nobody lives in a war zone if they have a choice and if you're in the public eye right now you're in a war zone.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’d say he’ll be welcomed back in six months but his show and CNN’s in general are just dreadful. It might be a good time for them to regroup and refresh their strategy.

8. jetophile

Oddly enough Tom Hanks and Fred Rogers are very distantly related.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He should have known better but as they say, blood is thicker than water. If you're gonna go down for doing something you shouldn't, might as well be for family.

Br4d likes this.
  10. Br4d

Didn't know that but it makes sense.

11. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Nothing was more cringey than when CC came up from his "basement" from quarantine and met his family with a camera crew there.

Didn't CNN rehire someone who rubbed one out on Zoom? He'll be back.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  12. jetophile

Posted above. Jeffrey Toobin. Wanking isn't a crime, but dude.

Savatage likes this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I try to watch as much independent media as possible. Aaron Mate and Glenn Greenwald are two of the best IMO.

Sundayjack, Savatage and Acad23 like this.
  14. jetophile

Canada is just as much of a shit pail as the U.S. only with less people per capita.

#14 jetophile, Dec 1, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Its all about ratings imo

I heard on CNN this AM there are viewers who want Chris the Bro back

They are suspending him till they wade through NY Attny Generals report on his dual relationship as ind broadcaster and "staffer" advice he gave Andrew

It will be be like the WFAN C Carton securities fraud...he does time, apologies and bam back on the radio

Just watch how CNN caves to Ratings lost

16. jetophile

He found out about it after his movie was released. The documentary is world's better. Highly recommend.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

many folks are here do not realize (not your fault of course) how much "power" the cuomo name has had over the years. it is starting to take a hit now and it will be very interesting to see how much of their armor is chipped away.

18. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I remember hearing about this:

Tom Hanks just learned he’s related to Mister Rogers, days before his Mister Rogers movie opens

19. jetophile

20. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I heard somewhere recently that the new CEO of CNN wants to tame the network down to where it used to be, focusing more on reporting than screeching. Which gave me an idea on how to transition. Pull that old geezer, Bernie Shaw, out of retirement and let him do his own thing while they decide the future of Chris Cuomo and the rest of their programming. I'm sure he's up there in years, but there's no way he could be worse than anyone else they'll use to fill space. I mean, it's only an hour and everyone will know he's temporary. But I can almost guaranty he'll pull in ratings from an older generation of viewers that remembers him from back in the heyday. Hell, I'd even tune in. At least once.