Choice gets Vick's autograph... haha

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by MadBacker Prime, Dec 13, 2010.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Did anyone see this??

LMAO, talk about a comeback.

"ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys running back Tashard Choice accomplished one goal Sunday night: He got Michael Vick's autograph.

Choice approached Vick after the Eagles' 30-27 win at Cowboys Stadium and asked him to sign a glove. The MVP candidate granted the request.

"That's probably the first time that's ever happened to me," Vick said of an opposing player's request after a game. "But [Choice] is a great guy. It doesn't surprise me."

Choice, who rushed for 16 yards on seven carries and had a 17-yard reception in the loss, said he has known Vick for years. They became acquainted when Choice attended Georgia Tech and Vick played for the Atlanta Falcons.

The autograph, according to Choice, was for a young family member who is a big fan of Vick.

"My little nephew says he's his brother," Choice said. "My little nephew is 2 years old, so I had to get one for him. I just admire somebody who comes from those circumstances and comes back and proves everybody wrong. I've got nothing but respect for him."

Via his Twitter account, Choice seemed to regret making the request, which was shown on NBC's national broadcast.

"If its anybody that cares about winning and the d cowboys its me. I apologize to the people it was just an innocent jesture for my nephew."

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5914095&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

2. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I'm sure that anyone who saw it and knows football understands that Choice was probably doing it for a reason. He's a kid that went to Georgia Tech and is from Georgia, the only thing I thought was that he was probably doing it for a young family member. If I were a Cowboy fan, I could really care less. It's no different than guys laughing and joking after games with the other team.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

No big deal. Kind of cool actually...

4. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I guess this is a story because the Eagles and Cowboys are rivals, or because it was actually caught on TV but this type of thing happens pretty often. LT gave his jersey to Arian Foster after the Houston game.

#4 Kris 15, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  5. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

i liked it. i know i'll probably get grilled for this, but i wouldn't mind seeing this type of stuff happen more often. It's kinda (not really) like when soccer players exchange their jerseys' after games

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan got Fields's autograph after the game

7. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

I think it's cool. I like players that are fans of the game.

8. Gunther

Gunther Member

I'm glad he did it. When everyone thought Brett Favre was retiring players lined up to take pictures with him on the field. If they did not complain about Brett Favre, don't complain here.

9. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Idk guys, I'd think it's weird if our guys walked up to the Dolphins on Sunday clamoring for autographs...

10. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Whose autograph would they want?

J-lo's?

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It's without a doubt the division rival thing.

If Ronnie Brown came up to Sanchez after we beat them and was seen on TV getting a autograph we'd have a field day with that.

It was for Choice's nephew, I think that's just a poor choice of favorite athlete too. Especially for such a young kid.

Just poor choices all around the Choice family. If I had to choose between rooting for Choice or Vick I would without a doubt root for my Uncle Choice, if I chose to choose Vick I know Choice would be hurt.

12. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Touche, they don't have anyone good enough for an autograph. Lets switch the game up, after we lose 45-3 how about the Jets start clamoring for Brady's autograph? People would be pissed about that on this board.