Chief newspaper scouting jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Sep 23, 2016.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

2. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

That was good stuff.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, a nice write up.

4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

"Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick likes to chuck the ball deep..."
    Someone missed Fitz the Noodle Arm memo

"Prediction: Chiefs 24-23 "
    So Folk misses a FG and PAT again?

#4 RuJFan, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    Yankjetfan likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, good write up. Like I said in the other Chiefs thread: they are pretty much similar and equal teams.

6. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Both write-ups (including the one about Revis as well) are far more intelligent, balanced and objective than anything we see relating to NY based media coverage of the Jets.

hornblower, Big Cat and BacktoQueens like this.
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I was reading some of the threads on the TGG recommended Chief's message board. They seem to be some of the most objective fans.

A lot of their game analysis was hard to disagree with.

Ptflea2 likes this.
  8. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Please you think Maneesh Mehta could write like that. He's purely sensationalism, and click bait. Guy never got down in a 3 point stance his entire life.

hornblower likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

One reason Id take the Jets is if we get an early lead KC is not a come from behind team. C

10. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Did you see their week 1 game?

74 and Jets69 like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

That may be, but they sure did vs San Diego.

12. NCJetsfan

IMO there's a huge difference in the attitudes of NYC vs KC.

The NYC area media, in general, is more biased, cynical and pessimistic. The Daily Schnooze, the Postit Pad, and the Newsday are rags/tabloids and their reporters are hacks. The NYC rags sell with opinion-based crap, and their reporting of facts leaves a LOT to be desired. The NY Times isn't known for it's football coverage, although they improved somewhat over the years that I lived in NYC. The Star Ledger is a grade or two above the Schnooze and Postit Pad, but not up to par with the KC newspaper. They had the best Jets writer (I think his first name was Randy, but I'm drawing a blank on his last name. I don't think he writes for the Jets any more, but could be mistaken.) when I lived in NYC (1986-2002), but he was hired by the Jets before I left NYC.

KC, and the Midwest are more relaxed, laid back, positive, and have to do better reporting to sell papers. KC is a rabid football town. I'm sure that they demand excellent reporting and coverage.

FlaJet, hornblower and Aewhistory like this.
  13. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

We are not equal...... Last year they got in the playoffs...... We didn't...... You know why? Cause our team could screw up a ham sandwich...... Until we find a way to win enough games to get in the playoffs, we aren't there equal

74 likes this.
  14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Thats not fair either because they play a different division. I think we are a better team, but the better team doesn't always win.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

FlaJet likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Nice write up.
    I think it will be a tough game. We don't yet know how to put teams away and keep them their. Our D needs to step it up a control the scoring. I don't think I'm ever comfortable with our lead no matter how big.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

I haven't been all that impressed with K.C early on but I can't take away what they did last season.

Ended up winning 11 consecutive games in a row. 10 regular season wins in a row followed by going into Houston and winning 30-0 on the road during wildcard weekend.

Lost by 1 TD (27-20) to N.E in Foxboro during the 2nd round but nonetheless after starting off 1-5, what that team ending up doing the rest of the way under Andy Reid was remarkable and very resilient.

#16 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  17. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Well when their are 10 beat writers competing for page views, this is the result. I've read that Manish will interview players for 20 minutes until he gets a sound bite.

18. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

That was refreshing and very good read

hornblower likes this.
  19. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

What really annoys me is how many lazy, inept and badly trained writers infest print and online media. I opened up a twitter account recently for the lone purpose of slinging the glaring mistakes and blatantly poor work right back into the slack-jawed faces of select media offenders. Today was a most recent example when I went after (twatted) Sean Wagner-McGough of CBS Sportsline in connection with his idiotic, negative article about Aaron Rodgers' supposed decline. Specifically, it was the fourth time in the past three months that I observed a so called professional writer's incorrect usage of the word "demise, " which literally means the death or dying of as opposed any "decline" (real or imagined) which is the meaning the fool intended to convey.

My first message to the twit suggested he "kindly look up the definition of the word "demise" "you worthless hack". My second Twit to the Twat a minute thereafter basically said that his sub-mental vocabulary challenges aside, "neither Rodgers nor his career was "dead." Sean Wagner-McHack immediately blocked my twitter less than a minute later. In the meantime, Neither he nor his editor(s) are willing or able to edit the article to make the appropriate corrections.

Link to the article below but don't waste any of your time on this piece of steaming hot garbage.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...e-11-stats-to-know-for-week-3-of-2016-season/

Chadchrebet likes this.
  20. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

I was just going to post this when I saw you had beaten me to it. I have to say that the noodle arm argument is really lost on me with Fitz. He's no Testaverde, chucking the ball from one end of the field to the other, but his arm strength is quite serviceable. In fact, his arm seems stronger right now than Pennington's ever was and I loved Chad, so I'm not trying to knock him. Does this whole argument come from somewhere? I recall Fitz under throwing some balls last year, but nothing that stands out to warrant the litany of critiques he has gotten. OTOH, I didn't follow him at all except when his teams played the Jets.