Championship Weekend Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BrowningNagle, Jan 22, 2016.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Didn't see a thread yet so I am going to make one a little early. Please share your predictions.

I like the home teams myself.. Denver v. Carolina SB is my prediction.
    Denver I am picking simply because they aren't cheaters like those scumbag Patriots. That was an easy one.
    Arizona vs. Carolina is an intriguing game that I deliberated over. Likable guys on both teams. You'd like to see Arizona win to give Larry Fitzgerald a shot at the bowl again. But with Carolina you'd like to see Jerricho Cotchery finally get a well deserved SB appearance.

I gotta go with Carolina though because of this awful country boy rap I found.

Denver 24- NE 12
    Carolina 35- Arizona 17
    now share your predictions!

TNJet, 74 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Patriots cheat again, exposed. 34-28 Pats*

Carolina over Arizona 36-31

Pats controversy all week leading to sb . Carolina trounces .. cotchery gets a ring

Coldplay and Beyoncé at halftime , can't wait!!!! Lol

3. BrowningNagle

If SB Sunday really ends up with the New England Patriots and Coldplay in the same building it officially becomes unwatchable. I haven't missed watching at least some of every SB in my whole life but with the 2 of those pansy ass groups there my streak will end.

TNJet, NYJetsO12, Big Cat and 3 others like this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Arizona not only wins this game, but wins the SuperBowl. The safeties for Carolina are suspect, Norman will lock down Fitz, but John Brown and Floyd are going to be running free all day long on Sunday. That game vs the Packers was over early in the first half if not for a cheap hands to the face call on that PICK SIX that was called back. yeah, the Olineman did hit him in the face, but hands to the face and holding happen every single play, just so happens they called it on a huge play that would have ended the game for the Packers. I can see Arizona winning this one 26 - 17.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

Their safeties in Carolina are weak you are right but in order to exploit that with a deep pass the QB needs time to throw. All year teams have been trying to take advantage of that weakness. Seattle tried last week in the first half. The reason they can't take advantage is because the Carolina pass rush is just too good and doesn't allow the QB the time to take advantage. I believe that will be the case sunday.

Also- I don't believe GB is any good, thus I am not all that impressed with Arizona's win over them. GB was a shell of their past selves all season. They lucked into the playoffs with that hail mary BS. The lucked into getting the easiest 1st round matchup. They were perhaps the weakest all of the divisional round teams in both conferences IMO. Arizona beating them at home should've been a given.

Also people underestimate how good Cam Newton is. He may be an entitled millennial prick ass bitch but he is a damn good QB. I think Carolina's offense will be tough to stop and I believe they will win the SB myself

6. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

I've been saying a Denver/Arizona SB the entire postseason but now Im having a hard time seeing either team winning.

Pats win easily..Panthers win a close one.

Carolina goes for revenge for 03 in the big game.

7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Cam beating the pats will make that game entertaining. He can't help but rub it in, more than anyone in the NFL. I would enjoy that.

irishwhip03 likes this.
  8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

While I would love to the Broncos knock off the Pats, I am really having a hard time imagining any scenario that puts them on top.
    Panthers win last week was a hell of a lot more impressive than the Cardinals. They are the better overall team playing at home - no contest.

Compared to how great the games were last weekend, tomorrow will be a letdown.
    Patriots 27 Broncos 10
    Carolina 35 Arizona 17

9. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Pats are gonna play the run and stack the middle of the field making Peyton prove he can throw a deep out or one over the top. Don't see Denver scoring more than 17 points and that won't be enough against the Pats offense.
    Pats 27 Broncos 14
    I'm taking the Cards because that is who I'd rather see the Pats play in the SB. A guy like Newton gives them a lot of trouble, vs a stationary QB.
    Cards 31 Panthers 28

MJK likes this.
  10. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

All year I thought it would be Pats/Cardinals, but now believe it will be Pats/Panthers. And as great as Cam is, I see Carolina's defense being the deciding factor

11. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Looking for a Panther blow-out.

Think Pats squeak by.

12. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Broncos 23 Pats 21 - probably going with my heart rather than my head here, but it just feels that too many have annointed the Pats the winner as this game as a foregone conclusion. There are a few factors that point in favor of a Broncos win. Brady/Belicheck have a poor history on the road in Denver, and this will be the best Broncos D they have ever faced in that matchup. Also, I was ready to bury the guy, but Peyton made enough good throws last week to make me think he can move the ball well enough for a couple long scoring drives. I think Denver's D and special teams sets them up for the other scores. Pats will have probably 2 drives where they look absolutely unstoppable, but other than that, the Broncos pass rush will bottle them up fairly well. Denver with a late FG to eke it out.

Panthers 31 Cards 28 - should be a great, high scoring affair. Both Ds are good, but today's rules favor the offenses, and there are some serious playmakers on offense in this game. I just can't pick against Cam any more. He had made everything look effortless this season. If you need a big throw, he makes it. If you need a scramble for a first down, he gets it. If you need a tough yard up the middle, he gets it. It's just so difficult to get Carolina's offense off the field. I expect the Cards to make some bigtime plays in the passing game, particularly from Fitzgerald. I just think the home team takes this matchup.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Go Broncos!

PabloJa and TNJet like this.
  14. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

NFL have some balls and flag Newton for his 5 minute celebrations...Go Cards!

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jared Allen out for Carolina is a big loss. A rock solid veteran passrusher. I can see Arizona keeping that tightend in a lot of plays to give extra protection and time brown and Floyd to stretch the field.

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Rooting for the Cardinals here, but like Carolina, especially with the weather event occurring.

I give Denver a shot at home

17. Woodhead

Woodhead Active Member

Patriots 34 Bronco's 24 - With Chris Harris injured (if he plays) will not be able to cover Edelman, he was liability versus the Steelers last week. Gronk will get open in red zone. Belechik/ Pats roll over Manning with no arm left.

Carolina 30- Arizona 20 That first half last week was impressive even if the Seahawks were sleepwalking. Cam Newton over Carlson Palmer

18. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I'm actually betting against both teams I will be rooting for. Pats 27 Denver 17 Panthers 24 Cards 20

Unless Denver is dominate in the run game I don't see Manning playing well in the cold with limited arm strength versus a BB defense.
    Card vs Panthers is a toss up in my mind but Palmer scares the hell out of me in a big game.

19. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

Predictions:

• Patriots 83, Broncos 6
    • Cardinals and Panthers play to an endless 0-0 tie, as both are afraid of getting embarrassed in the SB.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

fuck off you trolling bitch

JetsVilma28, TNJet and Burning Elvii like this.