Chad won't be a Jet come Sept 08'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Mar 24, 2008.

1. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

I keep reading that there will be a open competion to be the Jet starting QB in 08'. I just don'y see that happening. Last season with the OL playing
    (or trying to play :lol:) the way that they did, no QB could be sucessful. While I think Chad can still play in this league I believe Tannenbaum and Mangini think differently. The benching of Chad last year sealed his fate with the Jet organization. Chad is due a large bonus as well as a big salary that he won't be getting. Chad is not some rookie or free agent guy you can play or sit at a whim this guy was your starting QB for 5 years. It would be sending the wrong message to the rest of the team to have another QB try out as you had in 06'. Is Clemens the answer? I for one can't say he is or isn't but you need to play him in 08' or draft a new QB. This brings up the KC Chiefs. Peterson and Herm are under the gun to have at least a .500 season or better or they will both be looking for a job in 09' I for one can't believe they are willing to let Croyle decide their fate.Chad imho can still play at the NFL level. Would it make sense for KC to get him? I believe it would and it could be the move to land some additional draft picks for 08' or 09'. Say a 3rd this year and a conditional pick in 09' which could be no higher than a 3rd. Peterson is notoriously tough to deal with but he might be willing to make this trade. What's your opinion?

2. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

tannenbaum has stated that both Chad and KC will be back. Now believing him is a different story. Unless we get a 3rd for him which i doubt, i think he will be back. That is assuming we can afford to pay him.

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

It wouldn't make sense for any team to get him as a starter. All he can throw is touch passes. ANd he makes more mistakes then he used to because of it (or in spite of it). NFL teams need more then that. Personally I hope he goes to the dolphins so we can play him twice a year.

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

If there was any shread to trading Chad, something would have been leaked by now, somewhere................

There will be a competition this summer; winner take all.

5. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

On Jets Insider this week the analyst seem to think Chad will be gone because nobody is going to pay him 7 Million to sit on the bench.

6. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Is anybody else out there worried that our QB competition this summer will be between Clemens, Tui (most experienced) and possibly a Rookie after this trade?

7. FOURTHANDLONG

Not worried at all. If Chad comes in the season will be at best a one and done playoff loss. At the very least we will know if we need a Qb in next years draft.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I'll bet my money on that one...

9. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

I would agree with you if Kellen came in and had any success, but IMHO he did not. Also, He was not benched until we were statistically out of the playoffs. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Kellen. Your argument for Kellen behind the crappy o-line also is in play for Chad, so we will see what happens.

10. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

this is retarded... you forgot to mention brad smith :wink:

11. red75bronco

Don't let facts get in your way, 3 playoff appearances, went past the 1st round twice losing to a super bowl team, was 1 40 yard kick away from the AFC championship game and a loss to a team at their place who had the eventual SB champs down big but blew the game. Other than NE, INDY and PITT who has had better playoff sucess in the AFC? Those teams are/were substantially more talented than the Jets when we played them. But don't let that stop you from posting one liners.:rofl:

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Trade Chad and you have Clemens starting and Ratliff as the back up? Sounds bad to me. I am sure they would sign someone else if Chad is dealt, but I don't like that option. The team looks good on paper now, except at QB. Chad has to stay.

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

dude, your killing me. the dull- phins! how can you be so cruel? put chad behind our revamped o-line, and watch him shine.

14. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Let me save you the trouble of waiting another year to see if we'd need to draft another QB after a one-and-done playoff loss. If Chad wins the competition this year you DO NOT a QB of the future with Clemens. But, you make it sound like a wildcard loss is something not even worth getting excited for. It gives the younger players experience for them to build on when the Jets start to consistently make a playoff run. Either way, we'd draft a QB next year (if we don't draft one this year).

15. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

First if it’s not obvious. Tanggini & co do not really care what kind of a message they might or might not send through the locker room! As mentioned before Chad and Kellen have been mentioned in past article and interviews as retuning for the 2008 season. Now I realize if someone comes a calling for Chad’s services, there could be a deal done. I wouldn’t mind seeing him back as a back up (Highly paid!). If Kellen is getting good protection and still stinking up the joint then, we will get some Chad action. If that occurs then each and every one of us will cheer him on.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

xx

I watched him shine 3 years ago. And I loved him for it.

But facts are facts, the guy is no longer phsyically capable of being a quality starter. You have to change the whole gameplan to accomodate floaty short passes.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Which means he will be the starter. Simple solution. Oh, and weren't they paying him that to sit on the bench for half of last season as well? If the Jets had any idea at all of getting rid of Pennington he would already be gone and they would have signed one of the FA Qbs this off season. If anything Clemens may be gone when the season starts and a newly drafted QB sitting on the bench behind Pennington.

#17 Don, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  18. FOURTHANDLONG

Pats, Chargers, Jaguars, Colts, Browns and Steelers are still better than us after spending 150 Million. 2006-we had a weak schedule and still our fearless leader had 17 T/D and 16 Int. Last year he was 1-8 against a first place schedule and beat the mighty dolphins. I have higher expectations than a playoff berth. Don't mean to get your hopes high but CHad is not beating anybody come Jan if we make the playoffs this year. I specifically told you we would be 6-10 last year and you said the same crap about Chad. One year later I will tell you we will go no place again if he starts. 6 years and 0 Afc CHampionships and 0 Nfl Championships. That is the only stat that matters!

19. red75bronco

If you don't make it to the playoffs, you won't ever get to the SB, ask the Giants.

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Chad will be back this year, it wouldn't be wise for a FO in a make or break year to get rid of the only QB on the roster that has proven to be able to lead a team to the playoffs.