Chad WILL Be The Starter. Again.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

I couldn't be more confident of anything. I honestly cannot wait to see the reaction this is going to get when happens during preseason, because I know it's going to look like that scene in the Titanic as the ship's going down. Despite the best offseason ever, people will be jumping off...smashing into things on their way down, making all sorts of noise, flailing around, etc. This board will be darksider heaven by Week 3 in Preseason when The Penguin makes the announcement.
    Sure, Clemens might have the better arm. But based on what both have showed me TO DATE, Pennington is still the better quarterback. Anyone who can say otherwise is delusional of the facts, and only looking at future potential. With the current line, the running game is obviously going to be better, automatically upgrading a passing game no matter who's qb. And it (running game) honestly wasn't as bad as we all want to think. For such a lackluster year where we looked dismal in every area, Thomas Jones quietly put up 1119. That's not too shabby during a good year, stats-wise at least. Perhaps 2K yardage isn't impossible which would create many more opportunities for Chad to go cerebral on the NFL. Again. ('02, '04, '06...'08?) Every 2 years we have a special year with Penny. Why not again in 08 but this time...all the way?
    So much hate out there...I can sense its magnitude swelling before I even reach the end of this. "Trade him!" "Bench him!" "Take behind the woodshed and..." I've heard the retort again and again, year after year. You're all taking crazy pills though because he's proven himself...again and again.
    Come on, admit. Even if it's just to yourselves right now without posting a response.
    When things are going great and HE's running the show, you know deep down you love him more than you'll ever express here or at work, or in the bar or your doom room. I bet your wives and your girlfriends or any significant others all know the truth and they call it a man-crush.
    Chad Pennington winning at this point is better than any old Eli Manning feel good story of yesteryear.
    Chad will have more time, not only to "dink and dunk" like you all say is the only thing he's capable of, but to occasionally throw deep like he has time and time again, on plays that seem like I'm the only one that remembers. Santana Moss in the Chargers playoff? Anyone? If you have even "some" time in the pocket (which he didn't have last season, not for a second) then you have an opportunity to make plays which is what he is always capable of.
    Pennington's still my guy, sorry fellas. Sorry Kellen.

2. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

That's nice, do you have any proof? Other than your intuition?

3. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

no way chad is the starter. Kellen won more games in his first year than chad did last year 3:1 ratio, and he had all the same weapons. Chad threw away games in the fourth quarter. The jets have already made the transition. Kellen has much, much, much more physical ability than chad but needs some time and an O-line in order to improve his decision making and accuracy. You can't throw kellen in the fire and then pull him out immediately. Smart organizations do not do that.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Chad will start. Especially with a better OL now. Clemens was just pathetic.

5. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

You people make me sick. One really smart guy said it best in his sig...oh yeah, check it out:

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=prj8huUe-Rw[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=vna9XKAwvqo[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=3BxlhVqavHY[/youtube]

#6 WhiteShoeWillis, Mar 4, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  7. e-x

e-x New Member

i think it depends on our stragedy for this year, if we pickup a big WR it could be high octane offense, if we get mcfadden, it could be pounding the ball

if we're throwing it a lot i would say clemens is probably going to take it, if we're playing ball control pennington is the man

i don't really care who starts, aslong as one of them steps up their game to take that starting job

if it's a matter of starting the lesser of two evils, the season is going no where fast

8. KRhodesMVP

KRhodesMVP Banned

When will this madness end? Pennington is awful and Clemens is the future and obviously the starter in 08. This talk of an "open qb competition" is nothing more than a prelude to a trade to some lost and confused franchise (Herm and KC).

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I am as optimistic as they come but if CP gets the start next season, I will flip out. I have no problem with CP as a person but he is not our QB answer. We know this and so does our FO. This wont happen, it cant.

10. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

I don't agree. Kellen was awful last year and showed nothing but a flare in the dying embers of the Ravens game. Chad with time is the smartest QB around and I believe he will start on opening day. No way Mangini risks playing this new re-tooled team behind the wheel of Clemmens.
    Go Chad- still the man!

11. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

You know what I'm certain of?

People who post threads with declarative titles that consist of nothing more but their own thoughts.

12. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

If this were true – it would make every dime we spent in FA a waste of money.

13. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

I would feel more comfortable with penny as the starter, based on his experience. Thats just me though

14. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

If Penny has gotten over his sudden rash of interceptions (you CANNOT ignore that fact that he was gift wrapping his passes for the other team last year) and somehow gained a little zip on the ball (See first point) then I have no problem with him starting. The odds of that, however...

15. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

Enough with the Chad BULLSHIT.....hes done. Period. He cant throw a frggin 10 yard out. Coles wants out, his only good throws were timing ones to him. Move on....

16. plasticsloth

what did chad show to make you think he was any better than clemens. Clemens played in his first year with the same god awful O-line as pennington and won two more games! This makes absolutely no sense!

17. plasticsloth

exactly. Chad's only strength was his accuracy and his decision making and last year he flew so many games in the fourth quarter. How many pick sixes did he throw last year?

18. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

WE NEED A QB. Chad is finished, done, over with. He no longer has the physical ability to play NFL quarterback. Get it through your heads, people. And Clemens is a never will be, a Browning Nagle redux. We need to get a QB, and fast.

19. teedee83

teedee83 New Member

With a strong running game and some "in"/over the middle patterns, the defense won't be able to sit on the out pattern. A receiver that streches the field would help a lot as well. I think Chad is the way to go if this can be done. (IMO)

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yeah if our strategy is to lose, start pennington.