CBS Sports mock draft - as of Jan 2022

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Poeman, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If three teams pass on Hutchinson I think they’ve all lost their minds. Especially being as how he was born and raised 30 minutes from Detroit and fucked around and came close to winning the Heisman for the University of Michigan.

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If we can get Hutchinson or Thibodeaux, nobody might be happier than Quinnen.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think I'd love adding Hutchinson, and Hamilton's a great prospect, but if Burks is indeed rated a top 10-15 draft prospect at that time, I'm taking Burks. There are several very good safeties the Jets could take in the 2nd round, or they might sign Marcus Williams in FA.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If Hamilton really is the best player on the board, and he's still there at 10, we gotta take him IMO.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I would love if we got one of Hutch or KT, but we need to come away with a WR @10.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I don't think there is any chance Hutchinson makes it past Detroit. It's possible the Jets could get KT at 4 but it's highly unlikely. It would require the Jaguars taking Neal at 1, which I think is a likely scenario, and Houston taking Stingley or trading the pick to a team wanting a QB.

If KT somehow ends up being there at 4, Saleh might run through a table and deliver the pick to the podium himself.

Not crazy for Hamilton at 10. The Jets don't need to double dip on defense in the top 10 and safety isn't a premium position; Joe Douglas has already proven he won't use premium assets on non-premium positions.

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

But he has proved he will use (multiple) premium resources on players who he considers are significantly more talented than the remaining field regardless of whether they play a premium position or not, especially if they are a need. Hamilton could well fit into the same situation that AVT was at #14 if he drops to our #10 pick.