Casman02's Too Early Jets' Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by casman02, Jan 12, 2012.

1. casman02

casman02 New Member

I decided to try a draft without going for any of the normal people. I wanted to do a little extra research and maybe throw some names out there people have not posted for us in too many mocks. This is not my ideal mock or anything close to it, but more of a look at a few alternative picks. So you won’t be seeing Upshaw, Merciless, or other staples of a Jet mock. It is still very early so obviously the value of the players may be off a little bit, but I tried to put people near the rounds I expected them to go at this point. Feel free to give some critiques.

1. Nick Perry, OLB, USC
    [​IMG]
    An athletic pass rusher with a nonstop motor is exactly what the Jets need. I feel Perry is an underrated athlete with good strength meaning he should not need to come out of the game on running plays. Coming off a season where he led the Pac 12 with 9.5 sacks, he should be able to start right away for us and help our nonexistent pass rush.

2. Brandon Washington, G/T, Miami
    [​IMG]
    A solid athlete out of Miami, Washington has experience at both Guard and Tackle. He is strong enough to be a natural run blocker and athletic enough to stay in front of quick pass rushers. He should be able to play either position in the pros, but hopefully they allow him to focus on one instead of pushing him back and forth like in college.

3. Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M
    [​IMG]
    A big, possession receiver should provide a solid target for Sanchez. Although he is not the fastest player in the draft, he does have an excellent set of hands and is willing to go up and get any ball in his range. If Plaxico decides to go elsewhere this offseason, Fuller should be able to step right in for him. His stock has dropped due to a disappointing season, but he does have plenty of talent.

4. Eric Page, WR, Toledo
    [​IMG]
    Page is a very quick prospect that was expected to stay in school for a year, but is coming out this year. He has excellent hands and the type of route running ability that should create separation at the next level. He should be a playmaker not only as a receiver, but can also assist the Jets in the return game if need be.

5. Ryan Miller, G/T, Colorado
    [​IMG]
    A huge prospect (6’8) out of Colorado, Miller is a mauler in the run game. Like Washington he has the ability to play either guard or tackle, but I think will be a little better on the outside. His height does occasionally work against him, but he lives in the gym and his strength should allow him to create some holes.

6. Janzen Jackson, S, McNeese St
    I have not heard much about him since being dismissed from Tennessee so I am not positive he is coming out, but I feel he would be a shot worth taking. He was likely kicked out of Tennessee for a little too much drug use, but should have matured after getting the boot. His stock fell from potential first or second rounder to possibly going undrafted. He is one of the most talented safeties in the draft and can hit hard, while also being a ballhawk. If Jackson impresses during the interviews, he is worth the risk provided he does not try to commit armed robbery again.

7. Kevin Koger, TE, Michigan
    I saved the blocking TE for the end. Koger is big TE who is used to blocking at Michigan. He has good enough hands and athleticism to be a threat in the passing game, but should be a solid blocker in the run game. Hopefully he does not commit 50 penalties a game.

2. Sir

Sir New Member

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Miller is going back to Colorado for his senior year.

3. casman02

casman02 New Member

I think this year was his senior year.

4. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

I like it I just hope Washington is there round 2 , I'd take perry if mercilus and upshaw weren't there. But if comes down to Ingram and perry who do u guys like ?

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

From what I’ve heard, Perry would be a great third choice behind Mercilus and Upshaw, but I havent really seen much on him so I can’t really form my own opinion. Does anyone have any videos on him or know of anything besides a minute long youtube video?

I really like Fuller, he’s a clutch player (bowl game), he’s got good hands and has a huge body with good speed. That play in the bowl game that wrapped up the game almost reminded me Megatron. I think he would be a very good fit for what we need.

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I do like what perry brings to the table. It would be important to keep BT around (if he's health) another year to give Nick some time to learn on the job.

Washington and Fuller are nice picks, but is Eric Page even coming out? It took a long time to even find the kid anywhere on the net and the only info I could get is himi listed as a junior this year. I know nothing about him and god knows I'm not about to watch a Toledo game with my limited time lol. Marquise Maze from bama would be available around that pick and is a nice option. Return man, slot type guy with speed, deceptive power after the catch, and a team leader. I'd head that direction if we could.

7. casman02

casman02 New Member

Here is some game footage of him vs Utah. He looks impressive and is even in coverage a few plays. He did miss containment on 1 run, but did blow up 2 screen plays to make up for it

[YOUTUBE]pa5VjGxLQGY[/YOUTUBE]

8. casman02

casman02 New Member

Page just declared this week, which was surprising. I think everyone expected him to remain at Toledo so I think that is why there is not too much on him out there. I see him as a real quick, excellent route runner who is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

^ Thanks a lot casman02! Much appreciated.

He seems like he has the ability to constantly collapse the pocket with a very good bullrush and a solid speedrush around the tackle. He seems like a lesses version of Mercilus, so in that sense I would rather Mercilus. I he fell anywhere near our 2nd round pick, I would pull the trigger though.

From what I’ve seen, Perry could go anywhere from mid 1st to mid 2nd. We’ll have to see what his stock is like come April.

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I like addresing the RT and how you have them taking 2 of them so we get some o-line depth. I think Sanchez will be a whole different qb with a new OC and a better line. Throw in some good wr and we won't even care about peyton.

11. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I think Nick Perry at 16 is a bit of a stretch, but Perry is a solid prospect and I wouldnt be opposed to him

Jackson is a total jackass dont want any part of him.

Id have no problem with Jeff Fuller on the Jets

12. casman02

casman02 New Member

I have seen Perry all over the draft board. I think many people expect him to blow it up at the combine. I have seen him go before the Jets to teams like Buf or Sea, I have seen him mocked to the Jets, also saw him go to SD and even GB. He could pretty much end up anywhere in the country

13. cromartiecove31

cromartiecove31 New Member

I honestly can't say I have not heard of any of these guys

14. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

You take BPA or trade back dont dip lower in the talent pool because of ur pick take whats there

15. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

In other words you've heard of them.