Cashman To Stay On With Yanks

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by jonnyd, Sep 30, 2008.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

UNREAL. link to follow

2. jonnyd

3. jonnyd

4. IATA

IATA Trolls

EL OH EL

Wow, The Yankees are becoming the Raiders. A Commitment to Mediocrity.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Great, 3 more years of losing and idiotic decisions.

6. jonnyd

cappy is doing handstands by the way.....oh and can someone find out in which thread in the pre-season I predicted the yankees would win 89 games. I htink it was 89 anyway...my predictions that the cashman loving crew said were nonsense

7. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

I love it! You're like the guy who pushes all-in as a 19-1 underdog and then is dumb enough to brag when he spikes his one outer. Awesome! :lol:

89 games is just a number. You got that part of it right. Of course, their struggles were mostly for reasons entirely different than the ones you "predicted." But, yeah, keep patting yourself on the back, Nostradamus. I find it amusing.

The good news is, if it upsets you and don, it's probably a good move for the Yanks. So I'm all for it.

8. BroadwayMike

BroadwayMike New Member

The next move is to sign the next Kei Igawa and not get Sabathia.

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

Sabathia isn't old enough for Cashman to consider him.

10. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

I stand by my theory that the Steinbrenner boys only got into baseball because they saw their father deteriorate mentally and physically and don't want strangers tanking over and running their inheritance.

They are treading water till pops kicks the bucket and they can sell the team to Dolan or whoever else can raise a billion plus.

Keeping Cashman is the move of guys who want stability and somebody they know to mind the store, not the move of somebody who wants to shake things up to put together a winning team.

11. IATA

IATA Trolls

That's probly a very good theory.

12. GreenMachine

See the Wilpon family...

People in glass houses..

Long live OMAR!

13. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

I thought this was a Yankees thread...

14. jonnyd

dude, where did you disappear to for half the season anyway? Unproven starters, mish-mosh bullpen, aging bats......sounds like the formula I used to predict the long season. Figures you'd be a Cashman fan. Afterall, it was he who put thisyear's team together that you were so excited about. your vast baseball knowledge is so impressive.

15. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You need to update your sig, we have number Farve

16. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

I've been around... I just have a low tolerance for imbeciles, so I try to limit my exposure. Where did YOU disappear to? Oh, that's right. You got booted. Nice work.

And sounds nothing like the Yankee season. This is why you are dumb (at baseball analysis, and possibly many other things, although I won't pretend to know).

1. The unproven starters weren't the downfall of the Yanks this year. Losing Wang and Joba to injuries hurt more than anything else, and those were two of our better pitchers. Hardly "unproven." Despite Hughes and Kennedy struggling (one due to injury), the starting pitching really wasn't the reason for the team's woes.

2. That "mish-mosh bullpen" was one of the team's greatest strengths this year. By far. Great formula there, guy.

3. Giambi, Damon, and Abreu make up the bulk of the "aging bats." They were rather productive this year, don't you think? You could toss Jeter in there, too, I guess. He had a pretty good year as well (after recovering from being hit on the hand... not exactly an age-related injury). Who hurt the Yanks on offense more than anyone else? Cano (age 25), Melky (age 24), and the catchers. I'm sure you forecast Posada's season-ending injury, though, right?

So, yeah, not really impressed with your crystal ball skills, pal.

Here's what you don't get. Or can't get.

Baseball performance is stochastic. Don't know what that means? Go look it up. I make the same prediction prior to this season every time. And so does PECOTA. And THT. And ZIPS. And a host of other baseball fans with a good deal more knowledge than you. It doesn't work out every time, but it's a hell of a lot more tangible than the make-believe cliche shit you tossed out there.

And you know what cracks me up the most about this? You're actually PROUD of your prediction. I'd bet almost anything that you were rooting against the Yanks this year.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

This is great news, alot of this messs was not Cashman's fault. he wasn't the one who went after all the big name bats and gave them insane contracts. he may have screwed up w/ the pitchers he acquired but all those moves looked good at the time and I like how he hasn't given up on the young guys.

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

He deserves another chance, 1st thing, he has to get a couple of starters...

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Quite untrue.

That too.

But that's not.

Igawa will never pitch in the majors again unless somehow we con Seattle into taking him.

I don't think I want Sabathia anymore. He's pitched a lot this year. I'm thinking Burnett is at the top of my list now.

I actually think you are onto something. I don't like it, but I think you have a good point.

Come on man, you bailed pretty early on yourself. Hell, the only people left in September were junc, Moss, EcKo, and me.

Yeah. I don't know why anyone is still talking about the pitching this year. The rotation had its down moments (yeah, I'm looking at you Andy), but it wasn't terrible, especially considering that for quite a while we were surviving on Ponson and Rasner in two of the 5 spots.

The pen was very good, and looks to be even better next year. Bruney, Coke, Marte, Ramirez, Veras, and of course Mo. Dayum!

I won't give any credit to Giambi. He had an awesome first half streak, but went flat by August. Damon played younger than his age, and I'd love to have Abreu back (though he's probably going to demand too much). Jeter had an awesome second-half, and I regret giving up on him early in the year. Clearly getting hit affected him for a lot longer than he would admit.

Cano and Melky suck. I'd have no problem trading either of them, though hopefully this offseason Cano will learn something. He showed a couple flashes late after the benching.
    ---------------

I'm happy to see Cashman return overall. I would have been okay with a change this year, if it was for someone brilliant. Otherwise, Cashman has done a very good job. To me, it's just an example of the old adage "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

If anything, I blame Girardi a lot more for this team's troubles this year than Cashman.

20. jonnyd

1) Job a got hurt probably because his arm wasnt used to innings. That is unproven jerkoff-Kennedy sucking giant ass took up a roster spot out of camp-unproven

2) the bullpen was better than expected, but early in the season and late in the season it smelled and cost us games.

3) are you really going to tell me that the Yankees troubles scoring runs was because of cano and melky? Melky didnt hit a lick last year so he wasnt even in the formula. So cano all by himslef cost the yankees their ability to score runs? OF COURSE pOSADA'S INJURY IS BECAUSE OF HIS AGE.....simple formula- years of throwing and playing= increased risk of injury.Damon had his moments when he was in the lineup but guess what...he missed a lot of time because HE IS AGING. Amazing how you know that Jeters half of shit season was due to a hand injury by the way- perhaps since hes aging he takes longer and longer to get going? impossible in jerkoff land?

I was not rooting against the Yankees by the way. But I , unlike you am able to seperate my head from my heart when it comes to analyzing the team. You are like a 10 year old kid who's blind to the facts because you want your team to win. Thats cute, but its not reality.

Its also amusing that you make reference to me getting booted for a week off a message board for arguing with another retarded poster that noone likes. You are actually the yankee fan version of Devil. Embarrassing

#20 jonnyd, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008