Can we just enjoy the win and the fight this team has....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Sep 12, 2011.

1. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

If someone came on here today they would think we had lost 34-7....

Are there issues to sort out yes but Jesus Christ on the most emotional day in our franchises history our team played their guts out. Showing spirit and character that we could only have dreamed of 3-5 years ago.

We have a top 5 GM , top 5 HC and a coaching staff that will be touted for hc jobs at season end. Are there issues that they need to resolve especially on the offense , of course but the doom and glloom on here has been frankly crazy in certain quarters. From Cromartie is a write off to Greene is Barlow in disguise...

I know its fashionable to be a SOJF and sit on the cynical side of the fence but we are 1-0 , will be 3-0 when we hit Baltimore..

Our running game/protection will get better as it has done the last two years but lets focus on the positives....ST immense, rookie punter was excellent , a front 7 that got significant push which against a less mobile qb would have got more sacks. Burress looked the threat we hoped and Sanchez battled through it all as usual.

This is not the SOJ this is an exciting franchise with an owner / GM and HC who want to win for us....lets enjoy it and embrace it

Believe me I watched this franchise under Kotite...this board would have set on fire in those days!!!!

2. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

this team has a lot of heart, character, resolve, and pride!!!!!!!!!!!! we never give up!!!!!

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Call me crazy, but I'm not seeing too many posts about how terrible we played yesterday. Seems to me that most fans here, surprisingly, are just glad that we won our first game of the season and are willing to take the mistakes as something we can easily overcome with time.

I haven't stopped enjoying this win.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Speaking for myself I'm enjoying the win because it showed we have heart. With that said it's nothing wrong with being objective about things. Our offense was flat the majority of the game. However our defense for the most part did its job. Special teams stepped up and when we needed it Sanchez led us down the field.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I don't think there is anything wrong with criticizing the team for poor play last night. You would have to be blind not to notice some area's of concern. That doesn't mean in doing so you are a SOJF.

I was very happy with the win. However, this win was like being with the promiscuous girl down the block, you may have gotten lucky but you feel dirty afterwards.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm ecstatic that the Jets found another way to persevere and steal a win. But there's a lot of work to be done. The Jets won't win many games this season if they continue to play lethargic for 3 quarters.

7. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Why do some ppl take such offense to criticism of the team? Are some people on here secretly getting paid for being blind and biased? This is a Jets football forum. As a fan of a team who hasn't won a superbowl since before I was born,I reserve to be complain as does anyone else who notices issues.

Last night was like going raw but getting a girl pregnant. It felt great...but you knew you got lucky and had no business doing it!

8. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Oh shit...I like yours better :rofl:

9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Well said OP - but I think the sunny-siders are outnumbering the SOJF this opening weekend

10. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

same here. i don't really see it

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Super Bowl caliber teams get criticized for playing below their standard on national TV.

However, this win has been thoroughly enjoyed. But there won't be many wins if the teams plays like this for the rest of the season.

12. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I agree, though I think its only natural for fans to critique and fret, haha. But I have say im still literally euphoric from that win. It was truly a high to be in attendance for a game like that last night, and it reminded me why I love this game so much. Jets football has not changed, never a dull moment, I love it. Thats why we take the good with the bad with this team. This might sound bizarre but I am so grateful to be a football fan, especially a Jet fan, even when the lows are unbearable, thats why its nice to have wins like this to remind you.

With that being said this team has a lot of fucking work to do! Like Bart said last night, itll be enough to keep a smile on the fans for a week, definitely need to step it up though.

13. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i dont think anyone is really mad. and i dont think its wrong to point out some of the awful play by us last night. anyone with a brain knows that we stole that one last night, but a win is a win and im sure most of us will take it anyway we can get it

14. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I'm happy we won. Can't expect to come out like a well-oiled machine after the lockout and all the nonsense in the offseason with acquisitions and a late free agency. Plus, I think people are underrating the Cowboys. They look like a really good football team outside of the broken secondary.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets will be fine. Dallas is an odd team to play i'd say match-up wise. The Jets made a bunch of mistakes and kept fighting. Gotta love it. The Jets will only get better, not worse. And they are 1-0 after playing a Cowboys team who I believe will battle the Eagles for the division.

16. Klaus Casanova

Klaus Casanova New Member

Same old Sanchez... Starts a game looking like a rookie and finishes it looking like veteran.

Same old Romo... Starts the game looking like a veteran and finishes it looking like a rookie.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Well, the Ravens looked pretty well-oiled yesterday, but that was also partly about poor play on Pitt's part. In general, though, I think most people here did not expect the Jets to be hitting on all cylinders last night. There are problems to be sure, but it was only one game and with enough key players contributing that the Jets won. That's the main thing.

We'll know a lot more about this team between now and the conclusion of the bout with Baltimore.

18. Panzerhaubitze

Panzerhaubitze New Member

So you agree there are issues, but you just don't think anyone should discuss them yet?

Jets won, thats all they count come seasons end. The fact they won playing pretty badly, on O especially, well, hopefully it's a wake-up call and they do better going forward.

Same Old Jets lose. We Won. There is much enjoyment to be found in that fact, to be honest.

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

No, we can not and do not enjoy wins here. Something is always wrong and it is or purpose to break it all down to a fine powder.

20. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

I am very happy we won. But we really played like crap. But I have no doubt whatsoever that we will pull it together and play much better...