Calvin Ridley

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FJF, Jan 5, 2022.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

assuming he has whatever made him leave the falcons mid season under control , this should definitely be an option. Should be a buyers market.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not sure if you’re insinuating for the Jets, but this isn’t a stable enough market or franchise for a guy that just sat out most of the season for mental health reasons.

The asking price has to be at least a second or two as well, no? He’s immensely talented but the receiver class is deep and I’m done with the free agent or trade receiver. We need to draft and develop them. They’re always better with their OG team when they can grow with the quarterback and coordinator.

K'OB and REVISion like this.
  3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I've come to this belief as well. There's a reason why receivers hit FA and you often have to overpay for them. With trades, sometimes you end up getting 2015 Brandon Marshall, but with Ridley, it's a lot of value to give up for him. I think the most I'd do is swapping from 4 to wherever Atlanta picks (I think it's 11 right now) and give them a 3rd, which won't get it done.

Much rather take a shot at Williams/Wilson/Burks with the Seattle pick.

REVISion likes this.
  4. FJF

Stephon Diggs disagrees with your last sentence.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Never heard of him.

Corey Davis, Kenny Golladay, Tyrell Williams, Jarvis Landry, Eric Decker, Sammy Watkins, Mike Wallace, Jeremy Maclin, Torrey Smith, Antonio Brown, Golden Tate, Andre Johnson, etc.

There are exceptions, of course, but I’d contest you’re getting more production for longer by drafting and developing a receiver than signing them. Anquan, Steve Smith, TO, Stefon Diggs and such have had success other places.

The top ten receivers in terms of catches are all home grown. 17 out of the top 20 are on their drafted team.

#5 Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  6. FJF

First, the “f” and “ph” is part of the reason the rest of the world hates the English language.
    Every circumstance is different, In this case it’s what’s best for Zach, a rookie or a proven vet who’s had some issues. Douglas has to at least pick up the phone.

KingRoach likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

First. I agree.

Second. What screams reliable for a young quarterback about a guy that just punted on the season to get his head right? I’m assuming that there’s premium capital involved (second or multiple or higher).

Don’t forget that you have to make a decision on whether you pay him pretty fast as well. Of course I’ll take him for a fourth.

8. FJF

I think it’s going to be a 3/4 and a 2023 conditional that could go pretty high like a 2 based on playing time and being re-signed. I’m not all in on it, but I’m not all out either and the way Douglas makes deal he’s liable to get him for Echols’ Tom Brady signed ball.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

For a 3rd rounder and decent new deal I will grab him. He is talented for sure.

Noam likes this.
  10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

That might get it done. Rumor has it they want hometown hero Kyle Hamilton to lead their secondary. If you go by the trade chart, #4 and #108 gives Ridley a late 1st round value.

IDK if the Falcons O relies on precise route running, but if not- let’s through in Mims and call it a day.

WRs usually need a year to develop and I really think JD is in a win now mode for 2022.

11. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

To be honest I think that's why the world uses it. No other language has the flexibility to absorb words and ideas from other languages. There are some drawbacks of course, of which the multiple spellings and inconsistencies is a big one. Not sure that applies to names though. That's purely down to I want to be different and special.

On Ridley, it would definitely have to be a conditional deal. No doubt that he would improve the roster and be a weapon if his head is right, but equally no doubt that him not being right would mean the team stood still at best. I'm edging toward too much of a risk despite his talent.

REVISion likes this.
  12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Just have to take a look at the NFL for some prime examples.

13. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

That’s what the millineals would call cultural appropriation.