Called into Schein and Gannon's show today on Sirius XM NFL radio...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets_fan_in_fishtown, Nov 22, 2011.

1. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

a couple of hours ago. i was on around 12:30pm - 1pm EST. i was in the car and got stuck in traffic and i heard another caller talking about the jets/leadership and Schein and gannon started ripping Sanchez without really blaming anyone else. I got pissed off and since there I was waiting for the bridge in Biscayne Bay to close, i figured i'd try and call. got through almost immediately (which i was shocked)

Obviously the first thing i mentioned was the offensive line.They didn't even address my point about how Plax/Braylon changes the complete dynamic of the offense. I also mentioned how schotty has been here 6 years and hasn't been fired because of politics and is handcuffing this team. they didn't touch on any of the good points and Rich Gannon was basically just like "Sanchez has to be better". He does, and i wasn't trying to absolve him of the blame but to not put this on the offensive line first and foremost is ridiculous

fuck you gannon, you weren't shit until you had an all pro team around you.

was anyone listening at that time?

2. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Not listening but that's a great point. Gannon of all people should know how long it takes to develop. However, IIRC, didn't Sanchez work w/Gannon one off-season, or was that someone else.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm surprised Gannon didn't blame the oline, considering his disdain for Callahan.

4. Mr. Green Pants

Gannon put up some very Sanchez-like numbers during the first ten-twelve years of his career, and he had the benefit of learning on the sidelines for four years before becoming a starter again in Oakland. He's pretty much the ultimate late bloomer. You would think he'd be a bit kinder to a 25 year old QB who's learning on the job with Super Bowl expectations on his shoulders.

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'm surprised Gannon didn't throw five interceptions.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

People are piling on. I wish sanchez was the only problem. He has sucked this year, but so has the Coordinator, runners, offensive line and WR's and depth at OL and WR. Basically, the whole offense is a problem including Mark

7. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Gannon was a shitty QB for a long time. He's therefore an expert on shitty QB play.

8. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Sanchez has been below average even with good offensive lines. Gannon was spot on with his criticism. The guy needs to play better. No other way around it. Quit making excuses for him...

9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Haha, that is totally true.

10. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Can people remember for just a minute how old Sanchez is??? He came into the league after his junior year and after playing one year of college football. If this year's Jets OL played like the 09 OL, the Jets would have 7-8 wins by now.

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Hes the QB. Hes gonna get most of the blame. As it should be.

12. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I wasn't listening to that show today but I listen quite a bit and I call in from time to time. The're pretty clear on why they think they Jets are struggling, and lately it is all about Sanchez. They are right in that respect though, it mostly is Sanchez.

They have gone into more depth at times, like on the Monday after the Pats loss, and Schein made a good point about the Plax/Braylon issue pointing out that Braylon has done nothing this year. You can;t say that if he was on the Jets this season, he'd have the same issues he has in San Fran though.

They've also mentioned the line and talked about Brick's play and Hunter's awfulness.

If you want real football talk though, listen to Moving the Chains with Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan. They really break it down and talk X's and O's. They also let people stay on the line and make their whole point....but you have to be ready to answer their questions, they'll challenge you. Schein just let people talk for 45 seconds then cuts off the call...Gannon goes in depth sometimes since he played, but for the most part they keep it high level. Moving the Chains is where it's at.

13. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

AGREED! I see so many of his hero worshippers only making excuses rather then suggesting solutions. The guy is a master at the 3 step drop and then holds the ball forever. What OL can be good with that kind of QBing? He sometimes requires 8 to 9 seconds of OL protection and still throws off his back foot and its an inaccurate pass. IMO he needs a change of OC and QB coach. If he still is inaccurate and his pocket presence & happy feet are a problem, we have a problem.

14. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Gannon's first three years as a starter (after he had sat and watched for 3 years):

1990 - 12 games (5-7 record) 182/349 52.1% 2278yds 16TDs 16INTs 34 sacks
    1991 - 11 games (6-5 record) 211/354 59.6% 2166yds 12TDs 6INTs 19 sacks
    1992 - 12 games (8-4 record) 159/279 57.0% 1905yds 12TDs 13INTs 25 sacks

I know it was a long time ago, but he needs a little perspective.

15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Agreed. Fire Schotty and then see give it a year or two to see where Sanchez takes us. If he can't get it done, move on.

16. hendersg

hendersg New Member

when are people going to realize and stop kidding themselves at this site. Mark Sanchez is an average QB at best, and maybe not event that. We need to find his replacement and the sooner the better. You either are or you arent in the NFL, and Mark Sanchez isnt......

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

You get to work on that then. Let us know when you find the new guy.

18. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Start Brunnell? Orton? We could trade for McNabb? Can't think of much else to do right now.

We could wait until the off-season. Grossman, Henne, Hasselbeck, or Manning and his fused neck? Gotta be a franchise QB we could sign to take us to the promised land.

Do we wait for the draft? Luck, Griffin and Jones will be gone by the time we pick, but I'm sure we could trade a bunch of picks to move up for one of those guys, who are all guaranteed to be better than Sanchez right away. Or we could wait - There's surely a franchise QB available in the late rounds after we get an OLB, OT, WR, S, and RB, right?

Other ideas?

19. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

From what Ive seen...when the O-Line doesnt just let people through and opens up at least some decent holes or lanes, the Jets win.

As far as Mark Sanchez, when the O-line doesnt just let people through and opens up at least some decent holes or lanes, Mark Sanchez looks pretty good...oh and the Jets WIN.

Im no NFL expert or anything but I think there may be some correlation there...

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Gannon called into Loud Mouth on SNY. He said he was dissapointed in Sanchez, typical stuff, everyone is piling on. Nothing to do with the rest of the offense. I can't wait till the day he holds up the trophy. F all of them. Mark has shown he can win big games, end of story. The offense has taken a step back including the QB, why can't these guys just say that, why does it have to be one person. Does it make it simple. its like Devil fans always blaming Brouder, I suppose fans and media need a villan.