Call of Duty killer: Battlefield 3 trailer stuns

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by gustoonarmy, Mar 3, 2011.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I don't buy that many games, but this is definitely on my list.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

If they would release one without the damn vehicles I would be more into this game. I never get why developers think vehicles are what is going to make their shooter better. They tend to kill games instead of making them more enjoyable.

3. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

That looks sweet, I didnt realize Battlefield had a campaign mode, I thought it was exclusively multi player

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Yeah, I always hated those missions where you'd have to hop on a vehicle. They're always the toughest and not even a little bit enjoyable.

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

In Battlefield you need them, the maps are huge.

I think one thign that Battlefield and otehr shooters with big maps could adopt is tactical spawn points like Killzone has.

So, during the game, you can take possssion of a spawn point and your teammates can spawn there but the other team can steal it from you so that they can spawn there. For objective based game types, this can be a huge advantage/disadvantage.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

My other issue with the game is huge maps. I grew up on Socom which was slower paced and more intimate, I will always prefer a slower more tactical game to these Battlefield games. Sadly the ever dwindling attention span of shooter fans is forcing the genre in the opposite direction.

7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The best of this genre was America's Army. Unfortunately AA3 was a flop. Tactical shooters aren't that popular these days. The ones that try to be tactical usually try to be so realistic that they take away from the fun of the game.

Anyway, I've always enjoyed BF games more than COD, so I'm looking forward to BF3. Right now there aren't really any shooters that grab my attention.