Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Drew, May 2, 2012.

1. Drew

Drew Active Member

Looks awful.

[YOUTUBE]x3tedlWs1XY[/YOUTUBE]

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

6 month ad campaign is gonna get old very quickly.

3. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Hopefully the gameplay is decent.

I thought Black Ops was a much much better game than MW3 is.

(Obligatory mention: Battlefield 3 > both)

4. ukilledkenny

I prefer the trey arch games for multiplayer because they have much larger focus on being good with the guns than anything else. Sure, you still get some guys running around with ballistic knives or something but even that seems more skillful than a lot of the MW:anything after the original tactics.

5. joolander

joolander New Member

the call of duty series is like the nightmare on elm street series. polished turd after polished turd. i bet its exactly the same linear, no skill, campaign, and the multiplayer is going to be exactly the same as the others. i wanna see video game companies put the facial recognition hardware and software from LA noire and put some recognizable celebrities in every video game.

6. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Prefer Black Ops multiplayer to Modern Warfare, but Modern Warfare's campaign to Black Ops, although that's not saying much.

7. Drew

Drew Active Member

Agreed. Black Ops multiplayer feels way more balanced, but I don't really play campaign on CoD.

8. ukilledkenny

Yeah, my yearly COD purchase is just to be able to jump into mtiplayer and kill a bit of time without using my brain.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Out of the recent ones, I thought MW2 was the most fun, but at least on Xbox 360 there were too many exploits never patched up so that took away from it. Also, you couldn't split screen multiplayer online. Black Ops for me was fun because of Sticks and Stones mode and those games. I rarely played any other game mode and it had multiplayer split screen. MW3 got very little play time for me, GOW3 just outclassed it for me and was much more enjoyable.

10. Drew

Drew Active Member

Seems to me like that was the case for everyone. Nobody that I know still actively plays it. I was playing Black Ops until like July. I enjoyed that game WAY more than MW2 or MW3. COD4 is still the best, IMO.

GOW3 was okay. Really enjoyed the story as usual but couldn't get into multiplayer. Same with Gears 2. I loved GoW1 online, however.

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Love MW3 and I absolutely hated Black Ops. I won't be getting BO2.

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

anybody get ghost recon future soldier?

13. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Seeing some of the gameplay from the E3, it doesnt look nearly as bad as I thought

14. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Black Ops is 10000 X then MW3. I still play black Ops online PS3, I only play barebones can't stand all the b.s with the other games.

Nothing like 23 kills to 4 deaths on team death match villa, summit ! i am nasty with the M14.

#14 eyedea, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  15. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

BO2 looks really bad.

Ok, with that said I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying. COD games aren't the COD games of old (COD1,COD2,COD4). Don't get me wrong I have like the games that have come out since COD4, I just don't feel like they have put in the effort like they did with the older ones.

WAW was good but it was just COD4 with WWII skins on everything (though I did love the dismemberment effect).

MW2 was my favorite after COD4 till present, but the quick scoping, commando, scavanger nube tubing, it left much to me desired.

BO had a good story mode and a lot of treyarch's concepts with multiplayer are really cool, but with BO the sheer number of hit markers was just insane, and I feel like the action of gameplay is a little "off" compared to IW's engine.

MW3 has been ok, the addition of elite with all the DLC has kept me going or I would've already given up a long time ago. There again the hit marker thing due to no stopping power is really gay, there's a health mode you can select in multiplayer I believe it's called "half" which is between normal and hard core, it's so perfect but oh well.

16. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

I've ALWAYS hated Treyarch and ever since the Infinity Ward developers fell apart (The developers from the original Modern warfare and MW2 all quit/got fired en masse..like 95%+ of them), there hasn't been a single COD game I've liked.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't know if I am getting old or what, but I have passed on the last 2 CODs and going to pass on the 3rd. Granted I played them since my roommates bought them, but I was never interested in buying them anymore.

Sports games are it for me now unless something comes around that looks great.

18. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I think I will buy this one, mostly for the online gaming.

19. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I do think Treyarch has a lot of good ideas though, I just wish they would create a new game engine and both IW and 3arch work together and really think outside the box.
    COD has turned into the Madden of the FPS scene. You get a game that is slightly different with each one that comes out. I haven't seen a noteable difference since COD4.

But there is hope in the FPS world...
    [​IMG]

20. ukilledkenny

Rainbow 6 is my last hope in the tactical shooter genre. They fucked Socom up years ago and Rainbow 6 has already been fucked up but they seem to be going back towards their roots with Patriots.