Bye week updated injury report

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JerzeJets, Oct 17, 2015.

1. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

BacktoQueens likes this.
  2. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

If Marcus and JJ are out it would be a big blow to special teams. And in Marcus' case also a big blow to the defense. I guess we'll see more from Dex tomorrow.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

wouldn't mind seeing another game with winters in for colon. he played well enough against the phins to want to see if it was a fluke

4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Only real surprise is Marcus. Hopefully it doesn't carry over to Sunday. I also hope Powell is ready to go. He has been effective spelling Ivory and catching balls on short routes this year.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Marcus is out but Walls returns.

6. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Leonard Williams not on the report at all, that's good. He did have that ankle tweak late in the Miami game.

7. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

Powell looks like he may not play per profootballtalk.com. Honestly if Stacy can't cut it as the #2, I would rather sign someone off street and cut a reserve end. No way Ivory should be clearing 30 carries in back to back weeks....that's asking for trouble

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Ridley is beginning to look like a good signing

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

when is Ridley due to come off IR?

10. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I'm very anxious to see him get on the field, because I am very confident that we will need him down the stretch.

11. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Hopefully Harris is able to go. Good to see Leonard is not even on the report.

12. Footballgod214

Who get's the axe when Ridley comes back? Stacy? FB? Our last TE? (hopefully it's our last TE)

I have to admit it seemed like a stretch 4 months ago when we added a busted up Ridley AND Stacy to our stable of running backs and kept them ALL on final cut down. Hopefully this will be another "Macc is a GENIUS" deal. Can you imagine if Ridley returns to his 2013 form, 1500 yards, 12 TDs, AND Ivory killing it? Holy fuck! Bowles could feather either RB every-other-week, giving Ridley/Ivory their 20-25 carries, then a 'week off' to heal up while the other guys tears it up.

I wish I knew how he was doing and when he's available to practice/play.

13. Footballgod214

If I were HC I wouldn't even make the injury report available to rookies. They are young and should play through pain, concussions, mild sprains, PMS, ect if they want starters reps! "No injury report for you until year 3, now rub some dirt on it Sally and get back out there". Maybe I'm old school or watched to much Parcelles.

14. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

The latest report on Ridley didn't sound too promising. This is from a week ago.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6487/stevan-ridley

15. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Could be a while yet. We'll see tho

Regular-season PUP

A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six weeks of the regular season. At that point, teams have a five-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional 21-day window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.

16. Footballgod214

Cool beans.

So 'technically' he could be back for the Pats game (week 7 game). Of course he'll need to get off pup first and then practice a few weeks before suiting up. So it will be more likely week 9 or 10 before we see him in Green and White.