By the numbers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by United_Jets, Sep 24, 2013.

1. United_Jets

United_Jets Active Member

I know we're only through 3 games. I absolutely know we've won two close games against the not-exactly-high-flying Bucs and Bills.

If we win 7 or 8 games I still think that should be considered a fairly decent season for such a young team and please God enough for Rex to keep his job for another year.

But anyway an indication of how we're doing so far...

Defence
    Total Defence: 270 yards/game - 3rd

Pass Defence: 190.3 yards/game - 7th

Rush Defence: 79.7 yards/game - 6th

Offence
    Total Offence: 378.3 yards/game - 10th

Passing: 244.7 yards/game - 17th

Rushing: 133.7 yards/game - 6th

Scoring Defence: 16.7 PPG - 7th
    Scoring Offence: 18.3 PPG - 26th

(Defensive sacks: 12 - 3rd=)

Obviously we're not doing well in turnover ratio and penalties, but which of these surprises you guys the most?

Our defence is slightly better than I expected it to be...our running attack isn't close to being the 6th best in the league, I imagine that will sort itself out over the next few weeks, but 10th total offence? Perhaps I listened to the media haters too much but I really though we'd be struggling in the bottom 5-10 offences all season.

There's still time for that to happen but hey, things are looking pretty good at the moment fellas.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

If we have a top 5 defense and a mid ranked offense we will be in the playoffs.

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

With Rex as HC we will always be a top 10 defense.

Besides Geno & Bilal being better than expected at this point, we upgraded the offense big time just by adding Mornhinweg. The same offense as last year would probably improve slightly just because of his play-calling ability. The OLine improvement, Hill & Kerley getting better, a healthy Holmes, Winslow and Geno make for a big jump.

If we start getting help from Goodson and Ivory can heal up we will be #1 in rushing again.

5. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Yup. One of the reasons why some posters were pretty optimistic coming into the season. I think most Jets fans would agree that we have the talent of being a top 5 defense. If we can just sustain a league average offense, we'll be in good shape. Anything above that is freakin gravy.

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Trust me, I know how it feels to have a thread get no attention, then have somebody else talk about the exact same thing, and it blow up. Haha wtf ever right?

PS. Offense, and Defense both have an S, not a C. Jesus.

7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Not if you're Irish and use British spellings they don't.

8. Toronto's Biggest

Toronto's Biggest Active Member

Or Canadian :)

I swear if I see one more coworker spells centralise with a "z" I'm gonna lose it

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that our #3 ranking on Total Yards Allowed comes in the face of the Jets' 7 turn overs which gave the ball back to the other team's offense.

If Geno can cut down on his TO's, he will rack up even more yards plus keep the other team's offense off the field which will help Rex's D-stangings even more.

10. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Not if the turnover ratio isn't improved. I believe the Jets are -6 right now. That's not gonna cut it. An average of -2 every game will lead to some bad losses.

Plus they obviously need to clean up the penalties.

11. lamont_jordan_rules

... fixed ;)