Buying Jets Ticket off Ebay...Getting Screwed?!

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell Tickets' started by HOI, Aug 12, 2009.

1. HOI

HOI Active Member

I bought some tickets for the Pats game off a guy on Ebay at the end of April. The guy sends me a written receipt in the mail (" so I feel more comfortable") along with his buisness card and home address.

In the receipt he tells me he will ship the tickets at the end of July when he gets them. So I contact him last month and after about 4 days he returns my email and says he doent have the tickets yet, he'll let me know when he gets them.

The tickets are a b-day present for my father who birthday is next Tues. I emailed him again beginning of last week explaining my situatution and I have yet to get a reply. I'm feeling like this is the start of a screw job.

I was curious to know if any of you guys every experienced something similiar?? I realize now that I should have waited to use StubHub or the Ticket Exchange.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

report him.
    did you use paypal?

3. HOI

HOI Active Member

Yea I did use paypal. I was thinking about reporting him, I'm sure they'll help me out. I feel like I'm walking a fine line though. If he does plan to send the tickets and I report him then I'm def. fucked. But if not, I could be fucked anyway.

At this point if I cant get the tickets from him I just want the money back so I can go get new tickets.

I have this guys home/work numbers, emails, and address. I could make his life hell but I don't want to go that route...yet.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If he doesn't have the tickets yet you would think that means he hasn't paid for them yet and if he hasn't then you have to wonder if he ever will. I would contact Paypal.

5. 17a_tailgater

buddy if it was the end of april that means he has been a season tix holder.and all past season tix holders have received their tix already.

start being annoying and call his work home cell everything. if he does not overnight them by THIS FRIDAY REPORT HIM.

DO YOU WANT THE TIX OR NOT???

6. HOI

HOI Active Member

Good point Don. That makes perfect sense. Especially since we're two days away from the start of pre season.

According to his buisness card and email addy the guy is a senior level exec at a major back in Manhattan. When I do a google search on his name it pops up all over the place pertaining to the banking industry.

You would figure if anyone had the money he would.

7. HOI

HOI Active Member

Thanks. I need to strap on a pair. I'll start the process.

8. HOI

HOI Active Member

I called PayPal and opened a report. Since its been longer than 45 days since purchase they cant do an automatic refund but they did send him an email. I also called my credit card company and disputed the charge. At this point they contact his bank and if all goes well I should get a refund within 30 days.

Now I'm gonna send this dude an email explain the situation. If he still doesnt get it my lawyer is calling next.

9. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Not sure if this might be able to help you, but I got a letter from the NYJ website. The focus of the letter was for the few who haven't received their season tickets (Pre-Season tickets) yet. This is an excerpt from their letter...

Maybe your seller falls under the bolded category. Hope this helps answer any questions. If you'd like, PM me ur e-mail address and I'll forward the letter so you can see it for yourself that it came straight from the NYJ.

10. HOI

HOI Active Member

Thanks alot for posting that. Perhaps he falls in that category. The part that makes me worry is that I havent had contact with him in two weeks after I asked him where the tickets were. If that was the case all he had to do was let me know and refer to the letter on the web site.

11. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Well, I got this e-mail from the NYJ on Monday morning (Aug 10th) as you'll see on the letter. I don't know what's going on, but they're really shitting the bed over there at the Jets ticket office.

12. 17a_tailgater

if he bought the tix in april he doesnt not fall under taht bold category. that is for all the new season tix holders who have purchased seasons in the past month.april is before the season tix money waqs even due. that was May1st.

1st thing is to call his cell # first. tyou said you had it

13. HOI

HOI Active Member

Yea I'm gonna call.

I also sent him an email telling him I filed a dispute with Ebay and my credit card. My credit card said to send him an email directly asking him for a refund. If he doesnt respond within 48 hours they will reverse the charges in 72 hours.

14. HOI

HOI Active Member

Got in touch with the guy. He claims everything was a misunderstanding and he promised the tickets in a few days. We'll see.... Thanks for the advice gents...

15. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

so did you get them?

16. HOI

HOI Active Member

No, no I didnt. I talked to him again and he gave me some horseshit story about how his laptop crashed and he would send them via email once he got his laptop back. Which is bullshit because even though his laptop crashed he can still use any other computer in the fucking galaxy to logon to his Jets account or email account and send me the tickets.

So I attempted to call him a few days ago and both times I got the old - one ring and straight to voice mail. And he continues to not respond to emails.

Well I've got this fuckers home address...next step is a knock on the door. I'm pissed, the tickets were a gift for my fathers 65th. He hasnt been to a game since Pete Carrol was coaching. His birthday was Tues and I had nothing to give him except this douche bags horseshit story.

This guys name pops up all over the internet for various charity work/donations so I'm holding out a small fraction of hope that his not a total asshole. Even if I get the $$ back through my credit card I'm still screwed. I bought 4 tickets off this dude for $400. There is no way in hell I'm gonna get 4 tickets to the Pats game for that price now.

Plus I already laid down $$ for an RV rental and parking pass.

17. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

I know it's been 4 months and you still have no tickets and keep getting the run around, but something just isn't adding up here. Why would the guy have given you all of his legit information (cell number, work number, home address) if he intended to screw you?

Did you ever actually talk to him on any of the telephone numbers he provided you with? I suppose the information he gave you could all be dummy, but that sounds like an awfully lot of work to go through just to screw somebody out of $400.

#17 DHarris52, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  18. HOI

HOI Active Member

Thats exactly what I've been thinking the entire time. Why would a guy give me all his actual info if he intended to screw me. I did contact him on the cell # he provided to me. The guy couldnt have been nicer. I came to find out, through conversation, that his girlfriend actually works for the same company I do, same building, three floors above me. So why would he even tell me that if he planned to screw me over.

Doesnt make sense. But I just cant seem to figure out why he continues to jerk me around. Maybe he got screwed out of the tickets he was getting and now he's trying to figure something else out.

He even went on to tell me that he wouldn't screw me. If something happened and he had to "go into his own pocket" to get me the tickets he would. So something is fishy on his end. But he's just not telling me.

19. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Get the refund. I understand that its hard bc you will not be able to get other tix for $400, but get this $400 back and pay a little more to get it from somebody legit.

20. HOI

HOI Active Member

I got the refund from Mastercard. They said they will now call his bank and demand the $$ since he never delivered the merch. Good...fuck that fucker. I bet you I hear from him after his bank calls him about the $$. I dont want to put his name on here cause his already proven he's an asshole so I don't want to be sued.

But if anyone is thinking about buying tickets off of Ebay send me a message and let me know who you want to buy them from. I'll let you know if its the same asshole. He was selling tickets to 5 games so there are other poor bastards out there going through the same shit.