Burress

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jul 30, 2011.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Bouchette has also been told by Giants sources that Burress is "unlikely" to re-sign with the G-Men, and that the race for his services has come down to the Steelers and Jets. Burress spent Saturday morning at Steelers camp, and if the money being offered by both sides is close to equal, his former team is probably the slight favorite to land him.

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette, the Jets are expected to make a "big pitch" for free agent WR Plaxico Burress.

2. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

why not. go for it jets.

3. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

It would certainly put us back at the top of the headlines. If that counts for anything.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Perfect fit for Sanchez. He can do for Mark what he did for Eli: bail him out. I would love to bring Plax on board but I'd have to imagine the Steelers will get him.

5. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

burress & holmes. (2) super bowl clutch wide outs. headlines!!! haha, I'm all for it. seems like our no.2 has a pre requisite to be tall.

6. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I cant imagine the Steelers even wanting him that much.

Hell im not even sure if I want him that much, the guys been out of the NFL for too long. But at the same time hes got a chip on his shooulder, so who knows if that can help.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Do it, Burress is a MONSTER in the red zone and thats where are biggest problems lie especially with Edwards IMO. Edwards wasnt great in the redzone, hell how many redzone TD did he have?

How in the world will teams be able to defend Burress, Holmes, Keller, it will be very hard.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Jets to make 'big pitch' for Plaxico Burress

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette, the Jets are expected to make a "big pitch" for free agent Plaxico Burress.

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta has confirmed the Jets' interest. Bouchette has also been told by Giants sources that Burress is "unlikely" to re-sign with the G-Men, and that the race for his services has come down to the Steelers and Jets. Burress spent Saturday morning at Steelers camp. The Jets are likely next on his list of free agent visits, and they can offer much more playing time with a potential starting job opposite Santonio Holmes.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/43955462/ns/sports-player_news/

#8 mute, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  9. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Just saw this. I'm not too disappointed so long as Plax is ready to play. We need a big body and he's definitely one.

Two ex-Steelers WRs....interesting.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Edit : double post

12. CMart81

CMart81 New Member

Burress has something to prove. I like guys like that. I say pick him up. He'll be a great fit for Sanchez. Not to mention we have Cotchery.

13. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

If we strike out on this deal how is the morale around Jets camp gonna be?

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Fine. We have a great locker room and a great squad already. Im sure our coaches are ready to light some fires under asses. We don't need the all-2005 Squad on our team to win games. There should be players ready to rise to the challange and develop into solid players.

15. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

What the hell!?!?!?! If you're gonna make a bid for this thug, why not just bring back Braylon????!!! I am so confused and outraged and pissed and disgruntled, etc., about this. Braylon was one of my favorite players last year. His passion on the field was unmatched. If they didn't bring him back because they got Aso that would be one thing, but to not even offer him anything and go after Plax?? Thats just disgusting.

16. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

You guys really need to stop, Braylon is pissy and wants to sign somewhere else, just drop it.

17. Burress is one of my all time favorite players for a number of reasons...mainly that I'm an Msu fan. It'd be special to see him in my other favorite shade of green.

I don't see him as a starter though. He's gonna be a step slower than he was before his mishap and he wasn't very fast to begin with. If he comes here he'll be used as a # 3. I think he'll still be valuable but I wouldnt expect more than 55 catches and 4-5 TDS.

18. #28Martin

The one factor that could bold well for the Jets, is that Pittsburgh is cheap and no way the Giants want him back, that's all BS. You know the Jets would overpay for him.

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Manish Mehta said the Jets have reached out to Burress. I wouldn't mind him i rather have him then Moss but if not there's always James Jones and Malcolm Floyd out there as well.

20. #28Martin

I'm warming up to the Burress idea, which means it won't happen.