Burfict's hit on Brown was scary

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Br4d, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That hit could easily have broken Brown's neck. It was the closest thing to a premeditated kill shot I've seen in the NFL in the last 30 years.

I'm hoping the NFL suspends Burfict for the first 8 games next year so that it gets knocked down to 4 on appeal. Without pay.

joe and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

There's a guy who no one should be shocked when he winds up in prison after he leaves the NFL.

_

BigGreenUgly likes this.
  3. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

The guy went U drafted because he was thought of as derelict and sociopathic

How does every feel now.....he's proven it dozens of times over

He's tAken out our 3 biggest stars and some of you point at Pittsburgh as being the problem.

I get it that you're all smarting from last Sunday but some need to leave it where it belongs

4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I actually think the hit on Giovani Bernard was worse.

While the Burfict hit was without a doubt a penalty and vicious, he did not launch himself, he did not raise his arm or elbow to follow through on the shot. He lowered his shoulder and definitely intended on punishing Brown. But when you look at it again and slow it down as Deion did, he never looked back to know for certain it was incomplete, he really only took one step before the hit and the receiver was off balance and moving down, so you cannot determine he was targeting the head as you can with the shot on Bernard.

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. Section 336

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Burfict's hit was timed to be shoulder on the helmet. Brown was caught between him and the guy behind him. It could easily have been a kill shot.

The hit by Shazier on Bernard was a tough hit and penalty worthy also but the hit by Burfict could have killed Brown. You cannot put your shoulder on somebody's helmet with the force that Burfict did. It can't be allowed. It wasn't even the defenseless receiver thing, it was just the physics involved, Browns head snapped around like a broken bobble doll. Go look at that hit again and realize that we're just lucky we didn't witness the first NFL fatality on the field.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  7. Section 336

We can agree to disagree.

If you look at the replay slowly as Burfict is lining him up while Brown is in the air, if Brown comes down with the ball and is upright, Burfict would have drilled him with his shoulder in the chest/mid section. Brown came down with his back hunched and his head down, right where Burfict was targeting. Burfict would have done a whole lot more damage if he really followed through on the hit.
    This does not mean, I do not think this hit was not brutal.

Bernard shot was clear head hunting.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Ok the Steelers game is over you can crawl back into your hole now until next week.

dogg and dawinner127 like this.
  9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree with 136 on this. burficts shot was brutal and was not smart at that point in the game but it was an action shot and those plays happen all the time. and they are now penalized every time. it was no different than eric smiths hit on the cardinals receiver a few years ago. OTHER than it was with the shoulder and he threw the forearm as well. if he had TACKLED him with his shoulder it may have been a little bit different.

shaziers on the other hand was clearly spearing, he lowered his head and hit the guy with the TOP of his helmet not even the crown he hit him with the hole that you use to fill the helmet with air, which is at the very top. he also hit him up under the jaw. which is not the part that should be penalized he should have been penalized for spearing which has been a penalty for the past 30 years. these idiots are so fucking focused on the new rules about defenseless receivers that they forgot that spearing is a penalty no matter who you do it to.

it is poor technique and there is a reason why those type of plays will get you thrown out of a college game. he very well could have paralyzed himself with that hit. absolutely terrible hit. absolutely worse than burficts.

everyone seems to have an issue with burfict simply because he is burfict and he is an idiot most of the time. I could have punched both simms and especially nantz in the face last night. nantz went out of his way to talk trash about burfict at EVERY opportunity. guy talks trash to another player and nantz is there to point it out.doesnt point it out when it happens with every other player 20 times during the game, only burfict. it was literally like he was watching burfict rather than watching the plays. burfict has become a pariah today and I think a large part of it was the horseshit job that those two idiots did during that game. in addition to the fact that the guy is on the edge of catastrophe in general. I don't need to hear about what he did every single play like he was out there pulling a odell beckham. guy sacks the qb and its all about could that have been a penalty for driving him into the ground. guy makes an interception and its all about him running away with the ball in celebration.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

sorry I got a little off topic, im still annoyed by the way the game was announced.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Sanders got on the announcers too on NFL network.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's almost racist if not definitely racist. I hate to bring that into it but if it were an out of control white guy there would most certainly be different words used than "thug." It's a product of two conservative white guys who grew up in 60's talking about a young black athlete.

And I think anyone who says stuff like I just said is full of shit. Last night to me it was obvious.

Unbelievable that they discussed his hit on Roethlisberger. It was as clean of a tackle as I've ever seen. Roethlisberger and Burfict both weigh 250+, of course it's going to be a huge collision.

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

If not for the rules changes he would've killed Brown.

Burfict actually had him lined up for the kill if he hit him harder. And he could've hit him much harder, with his shoulder, or his head

If not for changes there'd prolly be a couple guys dead by now

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think he was aiming for Brown's upper body and Brown just ducked down, moving the target. There's realistically no way Bufict could have known Brown would move like that. If anything, in slow motion, it looks like he was going for the huge hit, saw Brown didn't catch it, then tried tried to do a rip move to go under and around him.

It'll still be a suspension despite being an accident because you can't hit injure star players and expect to get away with it.

If Shazier's hit on Gio doesn't result in a suspension, nothing ever deserves a suspension in the NFL anymore.

mute likes this.
  15. Burning Elvii

Yes the Burfict sack of Ben included him kneeing him in the injured shoulder as he swung himself around coming off the tackle

The guy Should be banned forever

Can't fix a sociopath

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Burdick is a lot of things call him what u wish,,,a dirty player is definately one of his traits,,,no doubt it was a cheap dirty hit on Brown,,,slso no doubt he kneed Rothlisberger in the shoulder while getting up and if anyone knows how to do it as I am not able to go look at week 17 against the Ravens and watch the cheap head shot he takes on the Raven Rookie TE in the end zone and post it here !

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I don't think he aimed for his head at all.

I've watched it a hundred times now. To me, it looked like he was aiming to hit him hard coming down and Brown ducked and leaned back, seeing him, which resulted in a hit to the head.

18. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Only one game, that's what they did to Beckham for the same thing.

19. Burning Elvii

You need to visit the optimetrist