Bruschi talks Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by GreenMachine, Jun 8, 2012.

1. GreenMachine

2. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

absolutely right! :beer:

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't buy it. Who cares if there's "one voice" from the organization? Does that effect what happens on the field? I doubt it. That's what the Patriots do, it's not what the Jets do. They haven't done that since Mangini was here.

The reporters are the ones asking the questions, Tebow is just answering. He's going to make for one hell of a personal punt protector.

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

That is a pretty smart post, I had not even thought of that.

5. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Yeah, LOL at the notion that it's just the same for Tebow to try and avoid questioning as it is for Bruschi to say "not today guys."

I can almost picture the reports shuffling by Bruschi without stopping, and he's yelling "not today guys!" over their shoulder.

6. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

The problem is not THAT he answers their questions, it is HOW he answers them.

If he said, "Look guys, I am the backup QB. Mark is our starter. I am trying to learn the offense and (his tag line) get better every day, so IF I am called upon I can perform at the QB position without a drop-off. Up until that point, Mark is the man and I support my QB."

If he said that, the speculation about a QB controversy would be squelched.

But no. He says thing like he and Mark are "competing every day", and bullshit like that, fueling the controversy. Tebow is for Tebow, and he will say whatever it takes to keep his "brand" in the forefront.

Bruschi is correct. (sort of) :eek:hmy:

7. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I know his people around him most likely want his brand to stay on top BUT with all this good boy Teebow talk do you really think HE wants to keep his name there? And fuel this controversy everything he says is technically not just him its his PR department as well

8. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

Yes. The "we are competing everyday" and "Mark and I are both learning this offense for the first time" and similar quotes did not come from his PR people. They came from his mouth directly. Check out some of the interviews he has given recently. Some are posted on the official Jets site.

These are his words. No one had a gun to his head. He is promoting a QB controversy. I don't know directly, but other posters have said that he did the same thing in Denver with Orton. A pattern, maybe?

9. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Yes, a pattern. You will never hear him talking like he accepts his role as a backup. Even if he were just a backup, he would slip in references to "help this team win any way I can" (which is a veiled reference to special package plays, coming in off the bench).

He'll continue to use the "compete" rhetoric and "help this team win" rhetoric. At least in this case, the Jets do plan to use him, so he's got some outlet for that rhetoric.

I'm afraid if you want the "I'm just here to support Mark, he's the starter, and I need to be ready if he gets hurt," you're going to have to put a bullet through his brain and promote McElroy.

I know some people hate it, but he doesn't have it in him to adopt any other stance than "I should be starting for this team at quarterback."

10. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

And there it is. We absolutely agree.

The difference is, you seem to think that is OK and I do not. I think that it is divisive and an example of being a poor teammate.

Or maybe I have your stance wrong...

#10 SI_Jets_Fan, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  11. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I guess if you were his teammate, you might have a point.

12. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

I am his teammate ( as far as you know) :beer:

But seriously folks... I don't have to be his teammate to recognize a bad one.

13. catsigater

catsigater New Member

When you've got any evidence whatsoever that Tebow's actions or words are causing division or that he's considered a bad team mate by his actual team mates, let us know. Otherwise, you're talking out your arse. :beer:

14. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

I have been a teammate, and have had teammates. I know what a good one looks like.

Anyone that puts himself and his agenda ahead of the team is a bad teammate. If you can't see that, I guess you never played competitive team sports. Life is a little different when you come out from behind that video game controller.

15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I'm fine with it. I don't expect anyone to think of himself as a backup. He needs to do what the team asks of him, but I prefer quarterbacks who think they should be starting.

16. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Don't own any video games, don't play them. Played plenty of competitive team sports, and know that the perception from outside frequently has no relationship to the reality in the locker room.

You let me know when you've got facts to back up your perception. My perception is that Tebow isn't "putting his agenda ahead of the team," he's simply out there competing and letting the chips fall where they may. Which is exactly why the Jets acquired him. They wanted that attitude to push Sanchez.

#16 catsigater, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  17. tzinc

tzinc New Member

Bruschi is a well known IDIOT

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I disagree w/bruschi on this one but he's definitely not an idiot.

19. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Dude, if you have a backup QB who says "i'm happy to be the backup QB", then you'd best be trying to unload the guy and get someone in who is hungry to be the #1 QB. Same thing for guys at every other position on the field.

20. sg3

sg3 Banned

Bruschi is just a stinking cheating douche and will always be one .

Anything he has to say about the Jets is no different than what you'd expect from trolls like guido patrollie or patsdoucheTX

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2