Brooklyn Subway Shooting

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Apr 13, 2022.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm surprised no-one has brought this up yet as I'm sure there are people on here from Brooklyn. The guy obviously has a screw loose, and it looks like he's been arrested before. He threw a smoke bomb into the train car and then just started shooting. Miraculously nobody died, but many hit. I read an article yesterday that police think the gun jammed.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/12/brooklyn-subway-shooting-live-updates-of-nyc-attack/

People get banned from YouTube for the stupidest reasons, many times for something innocent, sometimes without explanation and not even knowing what they did wrong. Apparently this guy has been posting videos for a long time that are riddled with racist rants and dangerous threats of violence and nothing happens? Go figure.

Savatage likes this.
  2. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

It's amazing(thankfully) that everyone is expected to survive. DoucheBlasio set the city back to the Dinkins era.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

There is no monitoring of u tube because what people say and what they do are sometimes different

But lately this take has been wrong 1000xs

I would rather have some free speech taken away, closely monitored and also be safe in my travels

Take this stuff more seriously

4. jetophile

People report things. I don't see this as a free speech issue I see this as someone yelling fire in a theatre. There's no way he wasn't reported. I saw one video where he was threatening to shoot people. I'm sure it'll be removed now that he's done it.

5. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Suspected Brooklyn subway shooter Frank James was arrested by patrol cops in the East Village in New York City on Wednesday, three law enforcement officials tell CNN.

Patrol cops from the 9th Precinct downtown arrested him, they said.
    But this could be fake news

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The Feds had this guy in their sights for years. edit: This was disavowed by authorities.

This was a racially motivated hate crime... just like the Waukesha Christmas parade attack and the Louisville mayoral candidate shooting attempt.

Inconvenient news for those that believe White supremacists and right-wing extremists are the most significant domestic terrorism threat facing the United States.

Now that he's been arrested I expect the story will just fade away like the others.

#6 Acad23, Apr 13, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    blackssmagic and RochesterJet like this.
  7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Colin Ferguson part 2?

8. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

White Lives Matter

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

This guy hated everyone it seems.

Not surprising with the divisive hate spewed out on mainstream media that shit like this happens.

Expect more.

10. typeOnegative13NY

Yeah, from what I read he seemed to have a hatred for everyone, more importantly the failed mental health system in which he may have a point.

11. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I heard the smoke grenades impaired him from having a clear shot on anyone.

Miracle no one died in a train full of people with a guy spraying bullets.........

12. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

You just know this guy Zak is going to get checked out by the media

Poeman likes this.
  13. jetophile

Oh, man, good one, only it happened on the LIRR after it left Penn Station. The shooting stopped because some passengers tackled his ass.

His attorneys (William Kunstler and Ron Kuby) tried to go for the "Black Rage" defense and to claim temporary insanity. He fired them. He won the right to represent himself and traumatized some of his victims all over again.

He kept saying it wasn't me. You should see some of the courtroom drama if you can find it. It's like eating crazy pills, speaking of crazy. He rambles all over the place and I think this one witness who survived said something like, "Is this a joke?" Eyewitness testimony can be for crap as well as notoriously unreliable but this guy did it. How many witnesses do you need when you're pinned down by other passengers?

A big part of the problem using and trying to prove insanity or temporary insanity even if the person clearly has bats in their belfry is planning and premeditation and knowing the difference between right and wrong. Sometimes that last part is very, very, gray, while the rest is very, very, obvious. So, what do you do, prison or institution? I think the level of crazy has to be taken into account. The Columbine shooters? Not crazy whatsoever. David Berkowitz? He's still playing people.

It's a very loaded subject. Take the Aurora Theatre shooting in CO. That guy is as nuts as the day is long. Life in prison for thinking he's the Joker at a Batman premiere; BUT, his apartment was booby-trapped with homemade exposives which took . . . planning.

"Holmes returned to court on January 7, 2013, at which 9-1-1 phone call recordings and videos from the cineplex were presented as evidence, information that up until then had not been released. Holmes' defense team continued to maintain that he was mentally ill. On that same day, it is reported that investigators seized four prescription bottles and immunization records from his apartment when it was searched in July 2012. It was not revealed what the prescriptions were or what they were for. The judge ultimately ruled in October that prosecutors could keep the items."

I can tell you what they were for. Tricyclics for mental illness/depression/etc. which probably made him worse. They rarely to almost never release specific drug names whenever there is a mass shooting or there's a freak out murder or suicide that is completely out of the person's character pre-drug . . . or even if it IS in character. HPPIA for a dead or alive mass shooter yet Adam Schefter leaked a photo of Jason Peirre-Paul's meat puppet hand without any legal consequences.

They're going to go for an insanity defense here I can feel it. What else are they going to do?

abyzmul likes this.
  14. jetophile

He does have a point. It's a complete and utter failure, no question. A big part of the problem is that lower end staff in psychiatric wards hate their job, they're understaffed, they're not qualified, they're subjected to abuse from sometimes dangerous patients, and they don't get paid enough. Plus, patients who are just having a minor meltdown from a death, divorce, loss of their home etc. are medicated into oblivion when it's not even warranted. It's generally a turnstile but there's also a shitload of money in it.

Let's not get into Nursing Home abuse, lol.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  15. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I wonder where he got the gun. The Mayor saidbit was an automatic weapon which I highly doubt.

16. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

11 years ago not in ny

17. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Was he trying to get the 50 k ?
    New York (CNN)The man suspected of shooting 10 people on a subway train in Brooklyn on Tuesday called in a tip to Crime Stoppers that led to his capture Wednesday, two law enforcement sources told CNN.

Frank James, 62, was arrested without incident by patrol officers in Manhattan's East Village neighborhood on Wednesday afternoon, officials said.
    James called in the tip and told authorities he was at a McDonald's on the lower east side of Manhattan, the sources confirmed.
    The tip indicated the suspect was at a McDonald's restaurant on 6th Street and 1st Avenue, a police official said at a news conference earlier Wednesday. Officers did not find him there, but spotted him just around the corner, according to the offical

18. jetophile

I read it was a Crime Stoppers tipster, but some criminals are so dumb it wouldn't surprise me.

19. typeOnegative13NY

Also , they just shut down many institutions, and let the drug companies take over the field. My wife grew up right near pilgrim, and remembers when they were basically let out the front door.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Free Speech is not a suicide pact...