Brody Croyle

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by 10nyjets87, Feb 19, 2006.

1. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

watching the college all star challenge i couldnt help but think this guy is the next joe namath. In the strongest arm competition He beat out vince young,whitehurtst, and drew olson. He won the comp. with a 69 yard throw. the guy has a cannon. He wears number 12 like namath. has two messed up legs. All his teammates say the girls cant get enough of him.

Is brody croyle the next joe namath. I find it funny how they are so much a like.

2. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

It's Brodie Croyle, not Brody. You also forgot to mention he's from Bama, too.

3. dbatesman

dbatesman New Member

Definitely some bizarre coincidences...I'd like to see us pick him up, he's got a good arm and he's quite a gamer. But with his mobility, there's no way he'd survive behind our OL.

4. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

didnt think i needed to mention that :wink:

5. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I'd love Croyle in the third round.

In fact, I would rather take Brodie Croyle in the third round, then Jay Cutler in the first. The reason being if Croyle can stay healthy, which I think he can, I think he will be as good if not better than Cutler and at only a fraction of the price.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I can one better. Brodie Croyle is a skinny kid at 6'2", 205. Namath was 6'2", 200. They both have two bad knees and are a bit fragile.

Croyle has about as many weapons as Cutler has, which is close to none yet he finished with better stats and his team was much better this year yet Cutler is a first rounder because he's a bit more built and has a live arm.

7. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I'd easily take Croyle in the 2nd... I think he will be the real deal at QB... Playing in that awful situation at Bama he became tough as nails and he looks like he's the type of guy his teammates really believe in. Not to mention he has a cannon arm and what seems to be excellent field vision and awareness.. If he was our QB next season I would be thrilled!

8. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I'm not old enough to have seen Namath ever play, but if some of our older posters remember or have seen tape, is there anything in their play that resemble each other, or is it all superficial similarities?

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I haven't either, I'm just reading his book and they seem very similar. It's a good book if you get the chance to pick it up. Gives good insight about how Joe's life really was.

10. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

LMAO- love the sig. Pretty accurate.

11. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

Brodie needs work on secondary receivers and began throwing off the back foot. Both probably due to the struggles on Bama's offensive line. Few offensive strategies begin with "well we can't block them" a scenario I don't want us to have as well. Great kid and great arm.

12. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Assuming we get a 1st and 3rd for Abraham, or a 1st for Abraham, and a comp'd 3rd for Jordan... With 5 day 1 picks, how would you feel about this.

1a. AJ Hawk - LB,Ohio State
    1b. Gabe Watson - DT, Michigan
    2. Jonathan Scott - OT, Texas
    3a. Brodie Croyle - QB, Alabama
    3b. Fred Matua - OG, USC

I'm taking Hawk to the bank assuming a switch to the 3-4 defense. We solve our NT problem for good with Watson. Scott and Matua join Jones and Moore as our long term answer for the OL, though we'll still need a center when Mawae departs.

I'm taking Croyle, but there is no way he plays a live snap in 2006. I want him worked on by a NFL calibre staff to make sure his knees are as good to go as possible. Barring a miracle recovery by Penny, Croyle's our starter in 2007.

I know I know. "But you didn't take a RB on the 1st day!" Well boo freaking hoo. Behind a proper OL, Houston and Blaylock are going to excel. We can always grab a guy on day 2 to come to the party as well.