Brodie Croyle

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by lebojets, Apr 13, 2006.

1. lebojets

lebojets New Member

It good be a great pick in the early 3rd. Might have one of the better arms in the draft, needs to bulk up but could be our future. What does everbody think?

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If the Jets were going to go that route I'd rather see them take Charlie Whitehurst, or if by some miracle Omar Jacobs fell. I wouldn't mind Croyle with the 2nd of the 2 3rd rounders.

3. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

He's a sexy pick due to the fact that he has drawn a few Broadway Joe comparisons (Alabama, Looks, Good Arm, Bad Knees) and honestly I would like to see him come to the Jets but they are going to be looking for the BPA in the 3rd and all other rounds. If he's the BPA he will be a Jet otherwise I hope he sucks.

4. lebojets

lebojets New Member

If you look at most player rankings he is just about there rated to take in the 3rd rd. It all depends who they take with there 1st three picks.Whitehurst is coming off of shoulder surgery so i dont think they want to go thru that anymore. Jacobs to raw . Croyle could compete with Ramsey in 2007 for the starting job.

5. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I've been on the Croyle bandwagon for a while now. If we do not draft a Qb in the 1st round, Croyle in the 3rd would be an absolute steal! The kid is tough as nails, a great leader and has a rocket arm. He needs to bulk up a little to not be so injury-prone, but that's his only downfall. This kid has WORLDS of potential!

6. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

I cannot stress enough how much I do not want Whitehurst. He will never start in the NFL. He fumbles, makes HORRIBLE decisions and is a turnover machine. I would take Croyle in a heartbeat over that guy. Whitehurst is a career backup.

7. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

that's what I've been saying

8. realdealramsey

realdealramsey New Member

I really like Croyle. The problem is that the Jets already have him, Patrick Ramsey. Ramsey is Croyle, just tougher. Croyle might be a good 3rd rounder though. I would much rather do that than lose Ferguson by drafting a QB with #4. Like I posted last night Ramsey will light it up if his confidence wasn't completely destroyed by Gibbs. Of course when he had to play in game 15 last season when Boonell got hurt, he led two straight td drives to bury the G-men. So I can hope anyway.

9. lebojets

lebojets New Member

You are thinking just like me. Ramsey has a live arm and will develope into a real good Qb. Croyle could be a lock to be the future. He actually might be the best of all the QBs in the draft if he can find a WAY TO GET STRONGER AND STAY HEALTHY. A GOOD NFL TRAINING PROGRAM IS JUST WHAT HE NEEDS AND WE SHOULD HOPE IT WILL BE WITH THE JETS.

10. realdealramsey

realdealramsey New Member

Amen. Do not lose that #4. Draft Croyle if you draft a QB. You just cannot afford to bust a top 5 pick. Every pick is risky but I would much rather have a beast of an o-lineman and a good 3rd round QB. Not a 3rd round ol and a maybe QB superstar.

11. lebojets

lebojets New Member

Great to see everybody is on the same page. GO JETS

12. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I don't know if I would take Jacobs or Whitehurst. Jacobs ran in an offense that padded his stats, and, even so, his decision making wasn't the best. Regarding the latter, despite good bloodlines, Whitehurts doesn't seem to have the best decision making ability either.

With Croyle, you pick up a QB who's more than likely to sit on the bench his entire career. That conceded, when he does play, he demonstrates a strong arm and decent decision making abilities.

It's a tough call with no clear choices.

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You mean like a can't miss DT like Dwayne Robertson instead of a QB who we desperately need.

14. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

If he leg checks out fine why not.

15. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

The answer to Brodie Croyle is no. He does not have the arm (and we don't have the offensive line) to make up for his crippling lack of mobility

16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

KH, Croyle's arm is very strong, probbaly the best arm in the draft, next to Cutler. When healthy, Croyle was one of the best QBs in College football. Alabama's offense was terrible due a swiss cheese O-line and questionable playcalling. At least Croyle stood in the pocket and made all the throws, he's a tough kid willing to take a hit knowing his O-line was crap.

If Croyle's injuries are behind him, he will be a starting NFL QB in the near future. From what I've read, Croyle's injuries aren't cronic and his knees have healed very well. It's a risk to draft Croyle, but his upside is tremendous.

17. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Ever watch him in games at Bama?

The guy looked confused. Of course, Bama doesn't have many offensive weapons, but helooked confused.

In the 3rd round now, you can take a shot, but let's not get too excited about him. I'm not a fan of combine and workout stuff. Let me see it on the field.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Have you ever watched Whitehurtst play?

He was excellent as a sophomore, okay as a junior, and he sucked as a senior...he got progressively worse.

He turns it over way too much...

19. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Im not either but the kid took Alabama who in reality was a very bad team and made them very respectible.

20. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

That's true. Every time I've seen Brodie Croyle PLAY he's been less than impressive, and I've found myself wondering why there was a buzz around the kid. He looked better at the combine than Jay Cutler. Of the two, I'd rather spend a 3rd round pick and below on Croyle than a 2nd round pick and above on Cutler. Can't rightly explain why. Maybe it's a combination of the Gilligan and Joe Namath in him - makes me pine for the 1970's.