Brandon Mebane

Discussion in 'Draft' started by jamesAngleton, Jan 23, 2007.

1. jamesAngleton

jamesAngleton New Member

This kid looked pretty impressive yesterday. I think he would be a great fit at NT. He measured in at 6-1 305 lbs. As described by NFLDraft countdown he was "squatty with a bubble butt". That is perfect for a NT. He sort of reminded me of Casey Hampton. This is what was said about him yesterday:

The North defense definitely fared a whole lot better than their offensive counterparts and while Louisville's Okoye is not physically opposing and did struggle at times he showed some flashes and displayed outstanding leadership qualities, pumping up his teammates on multiple occasions. Brandon Mebane of Cal, made a number of nice plays and displayed good leverage ...nfldraftcountdown

Cal defensive tackle Brandon Mebane looked the best out of the North defensive tackle crop. He was violent and stout at the point of attack, showing nice upfield burst. He broke through double teams and beat his man all day long. ....draftdaddy

2. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

once Okoye showed up at 287 I turned my attention to Mebane. I know a lot of people will say you need someone bigger or at least fatter, but Hampton is the perfect answer to that argument. Personally I think DRob compares pretty well to Casey Hampton and I said so last offseason. That comparison is still up the air, but when I imagine a Dline with Ellis and Drob at ends and a casey clone at NT I get silly happy. If you can keep an eye on him, I'm sure a lot of people would be interested to hear how he does.