Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

What has Rex said time and again, ad nauseum? Ground and pound. Today he was on ESPN1050 talking about how the Ravens are 45-2 when they win the turnover battle, and that is Rex's old defense, the one he built, designed to create turnovers. Rex said himself that the conservative play calling was on him. Still, Jets fans insist on blaming Schotty.

When your boss says "Whatever you do, just don't do THIS!", you'd better darn well not do THAT. Turnovers. Rex said he didn't bench Greene, so obviously it was Schotty that did. Why? 2 fumbles. If Schotty did anything wrong, Rex was behind it, he's the head coach.

Does anyone think Ryan was on the sidelines screaming at Schottenhiemer to throw the ball deep? Fuckwads, NO. When Greene took that sideline pass for 12 yards early, that was to soften up the Ravens front 7. Brilliant call. Safe play, designed to set Greene up to run between the tackles JUST what Rex wanted to do. It wasn't a shot down the field to Edwards.

Rex said himself he has to change what the offense does. Rex is calling these game plans. Blaming Schottenheimer for Rex's game plans is just too easy to do. If Rex wasn't happy with it, he could have told Schotty to open it up in the second half.

Rex doesn't trust Sanchez. That is obvious. Schotty does what Rex tells him to do. Fans still blame Schotty even when Rex says it's on him. If it really IS on Schotty, then it's even MORE on Ryan... he could put Callahan in there. Ryan KNOWS it's on him, he said so, and fans still have to blame Schottenheimer.

The media knows no better either. They were on ESPN1050 today blasting Schottenheimer and then Slauson for getting beat by Suggs. Duh... Woody and Ferg had worse games than Slauson did, and Slauson got beat by Ngata, not Suggs, but Suggs did beat woody and Brick like a drum. But even that Ngata play was partially on Mangold because he calls the blocking assignmnents and stood there blocking no one on that play. Mangold should have been giving Slauson some help on that play. (not saying Slauson wasn't rag dolled on that play, he was)

It's just so easy to blame a head coaches fuck ups on the coordinators. Sutton and Schotty under Mangini, now Schotty under Ryan. Why not rip Petine for Cromartie's play? Makes as much sense. He left Cro in man to man on Boldin instead of Revis, but holy shit, whataya know, Rex said that was his call too. If you want to hang Schotty, you should be calling for Petine's head too. Same exact logic.

Maybe we need to let Sanchez throw more, but put those little perty little colored wrist bands back on him. Oh no, can't be anyone's fault other than Schottenhiemer. It's ridiclulous. If you don't like what the offense is doing, blame Rex. It's his team, he's the head coach.

2. 624

624 Banned

All I took from the thread title was "brainless Schottenheimer"

I agree

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Schottenheimer is calling the plays. Schottenheimer is coaching Sanchez. Schottenheimer has something to answer for this. I'm not saying he should be fired, but he cannot call a game like this again.

4. JetFanInTampa

JetFanInTampa Banned

You have to take some shots downfield once in awhile. Epecially when the opposing secondary is missing two key players

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

NY Jets - 7:00
    1st-10, NYJ32 7:00 L. Tomlinson rushed to the left for 5 yard gain
    2nd-5, NYJ37 6:25 L. Tomlinson rushed to the left for 3 yard gain
    3rd-2, NYJ40 5:45 L. Tomlinson rushed to the right for 1 yard loss
    4th-3, NYJ39 4:47 S. Weatherford punt. T. Zbikowski returned punt for 4 yard loss

3rd and 2 run call isn't that bad, but if you remember the play it was glaringly obvious it was gonna be a run. I think they came out in an offset I formation with Keller in the slot. Keller motions into the backfield. Durrr

6. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

No. (shotty sucks filler)

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Move all Schottenheimer bashing here please.

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

How anybody could defense Shittenheimer is beyond me. Oh Rex wants to go ground and pound so Shitty is following his orders?? Ummm.. no. I don't think "ground and pound" entails 7 different guys moving around in motion trying to fool the defense.

9. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

10. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

wtf? this is a movie.../ ? have to look into that.

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I figured why not give TBJ a stroke and post in his thread.

Schottenhiemer has been a spectacular success while being OC for the Jets. His offenses are always in the top ten for presnap motions and are the prettiest to watch when they line up to snap the ball.......

Happy TBJ?

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Thank You.

There was no identity on offense. No ground and pound, no WCO, no run and shoot, no wildcat (or steady dose of it.)

There was no consistency. You can be ultra conservative, but you can't be clueless and dead.

13. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Good post Thunderbird.

Does everyone here remember Schotty's 2006 offense with Penny under center? When all of that presnap motion worked it was a thing of beauty. That team was hardly stacked with offensive talent and with all of the audibles and presnap things Penny did we made superior defenses look bad. The problem is that Schotty has been trying to
    replicate that first year ever since then with no luck. He's like an addict chasing the feeling from his first high. He keeps trying but he never gets it back.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

And the most hilarious thing is that was Penny's worst year as a Jet with a pair of highly talented receivers that year.

15. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Hey, if most of you are right... why doesn't Rex fire the guy and install Callahan?

Honestly, yes, I do think Schotty tries to get too cute with all the movement, but I also admit I really don't know if it confuses the defense or not, nor do I think anyone else here knows.

I still say, if you don't like Schotty, it's still on Rex. He's the HC.

16. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Just watched Damien Woody on SNY. He didnt place blame on anything more than not getting into a rhythm. The cant pass the ball if they cant run the ball. The couldnt run on the Ravens, they could never get into a rhythm. FWIW.

17. ncjetfan

ncjetfan Member

Why stop he sucks and its cathartic.

18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Come on.. what's he gonna do, bash his offensive coordinator one game into the season and cause a huge problem? No way.

These players are not retarded. They know which way the wind blows.. and they know that the play calling for this offense is not up to par.

19. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Rex doesn't build the offensive game plan nor call the plays. Get a clue.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I said a long fuckin' time ago that I'd like Bill Callahan as the OC and I still feel that way. In his time here, Schottenheimer's offenses have ranked 20th, 16th, 26th, and 25th overall. If it doesn't get better this year, I don't see how or WHY he'd be brought back.