Brady in 07

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LV Coach, Mar 6, 2006.

1. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Now that Penny is signed we get a chance to get Brady in 07....

No, not the New England Brady, the Notre Dame Brady Quinn!

Yep, they don't have to waste any more money or picks for draft or free agent QB's and can spend the money on OL, necessary D and back-up people. Keep what we have and start Brookie and let Penny compeat for the #1/2 spot. Penny will have enough time to recover and might work out (not that I think he'll be here after the 06 season).

For the 06 draft take either the Hawk or the Brick...if they are still there at 4. Otherwise trade down to about the 15th or lower and pick up some additional 2nds and or 3rds. I think with this Coach I won't have to worry that he won't try to play the rookies and newbies ( as opposed to our last coach) to honestly see what he has.

What's gonna happen next?????

2. jhsensation10

jhsensation10 Member

i agree with you 100%... i hope we take him.. i dont care what it takes to get him next year.. he is ready with the pro-style offense at ND with coach weis there..

3. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

I cant believe people are talking about drafting a QB in 07. Unbelievable, can we play with whatever QB we are getting this year b4 we start looking ahead.

What if the QB we get works out great for us, and having chad as our backup? You still want brady?

C'mon forget about a QB in 07 already.

4. Arizona Jet Fan

Arizona Jet Fan New Member

I agree with the suggestion about Brady....only if Penny can cut it this year.....why have a QB controversy when we have so many holes to fill

5. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

People believe Quinn is going to be fantastic at the next level. If that is the case, he will go #1 next year (if there is actually a draft.) If that's the case, are you expecting us to lose 16 next year? I don't expect to win 12, but I don't think we are going lose more than 10 either.

6. Quinn may indeed be a great prospect, but you cant look forward to taking a prospect 2 drafts from now. it just isnt a good idea. Alot of things can happen w/ our team and to that individual player from now till than.

7. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Yeah, let's trade any decent player the Jets have to all the crappy teams so we'll have a great shot at him in 2007! I love it!

8. parafly

parafly New Member

I agree with you here. Brady Quinn will most likely be the top pick next year, and we would need to have a terrible season to have a shot at drafting him. Our new coaching staff has made all the right moves so far this offseason, and I definitely don't see us as being anywhere near the worst team in the league.

Besides, there is alot of talent at QB in this draft class. I say we sign a veteran QB to compete with Chad, and draft jacobs or croyle in the second round. If we do not sign a veteran QB, draft the best available QB with our #4.

9. Green Guy

Green Guy New Member

I would love to build the O and D lines this season, and then be in a position to draft Quinn!

10. parafly

parafly New Member

You cannot just bank on being able to draft one of the top prospects of next year's draft. Unless we totally tank next season, the probability of this happening is slim to none.

11. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Hey..that's a great idea.
    Let's tank the season and get the #1 poick and take Brady Quinn..I'm all for it!

One question though..does that mean I don't have to pay this bill for my 2006 season tickets that just came?
    i mean..if they are not going to try to win..they can't expect us to pay to watch them deliberately lose.

12. Bazurk

Bazurk New Member

this is fun and all but what if quinn has a career threatening injury this yr?

13. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Then Isaih Thomas will draft him

14. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

Exactly! Just said the same thing in another thread.

15. Mangini6881

Mangini6881 New Member

Jets QBs

With all this talk about who the Jets QB will be, I remember an interesting fact from ESPN magazine's 05 preview. No QB has EVER won the Super Bowl who has worn # 10! So let's see Chad Pennington # 10...Vince Young # 10...Brady Quinn # 10. Now that Fiedler is gone I say make our starting QB, whomever it is, switch jerseys, to # 9 and be done with this "jinx" once and for all.

16. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

This team will struggle to win 5 games in 06' We very well have a great shot at drafting Quinn in 07'.The Jets will have a new offense and a new defensive scheme for 06'. Fans(I'm one of them) need to be realistic with wins in 06' A 6 win season will be a suscess imho.THinking we're going to be a playoff contender this year is pure fantasy.

17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I want Croyle, but a lot of guys here don't, and I just don't feel like arguing. :beer:

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Once I read this statement, you lost all credibility with the rest of your post. why wouldn't Hawk and Brick be available at 4? you do know that neither will be drafted before Bush, Leinart, Cutler and possibly Young. The earliest one of them are going is 4th, to the Jets, but to think maybe both will be gone and that two teams passed on either Bush, Leinart, Cutler or Young is ludicrous.

19. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

JetBlue "Once I read this statement, you lost all credibility with the rest of your post"

Some of you have no idea of humor! The original statement is just because I'm tired of all the "what if's" about Penny, Vinny, Bolly, and all the other possible QB's on other teams. Truth be known, I'd love it next year.

The comment about the Hawk and the Brick are to point out what IMLTHO way we should go. Get the OL we need to have some success this year and grow a line. And yes, it is quite possible that they will be jumped on by teams behind us in the draft who will give up a lot to jump up and UPGRADE their teams!

So, quien sabe bro...

20. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

I wouldn't mind Brady Quinn in Jet green.