Bowles Hints Hack May See Some Time Against Pats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by legler82, Dec 27, 2017.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Ok, whatever. Nothing he can do should change the fact that we need to be in the qb market this spring

TonyFtLaud, NoodleArm, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  3. legler82

Sooooooooooo, why was he not open to this last week? What changed; both games were meaningless?

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

this smells like a troy taylor redux....LOL

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I mean, he's the backup QB right now so yes, he may see the field in the event Petty gets hurt.

6. FJF

I’m guessing something was said by someone

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he got a bunch of shit from the fans and media and cracked
    OR
    ownership/front office stepped in and told him to play Hack

Brook!, NYJetsO12, Big Cat and 2 others like this.
  8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

As someone said in another thread, this probably actually means that he has already been explicitly told that he's coming back next year, so he's finally willing to play someone who doesn't "give us the best chance to win".

9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Petty has clearly regressed and he just does not look confident out there. His mechanics are inconsistent and he almost looks nervous out there. Oddly enough, it seems that he was more comfortable and advanced in his progress last season but given the circumstances and surely a loss in week 17, I don't think it would hurt to see Hack.

We all know both are likely not the answer but playing a 4th round QB who has clearly not put the pieces together over a 2nd round QB who hasn't gotten any starting time in an actual NFL game is nonsensical.

I supported Petty starting once McCown went down but given how he's played, Hack deserves his shot.

10. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Right there with you. There's a very good reason McCown started as the #1 and continued as such throughout the season. Petty got a chance to show what he could do, he didn't take advantage of it. So now the audition is to see who is the backup/3rd string next season. I hope they'll go hard for Cousins - failing that, McCown comes back with whomever they select in round one as their FQB with either Petty/Hack as 3rd string. With his terrible performance the last 2 weeks I think Petty has allowed Hack to at least enter the conversation as to who they keep next season...

TonyFtLaud, FJF, NYJFOREVER and 2 others like this.
  11. legler82

It makes since he would look a little more comfortable last year than this year as he was in the 2nd year of Gailey's offense vs the first year in the WCO. Furthermore, Gailey's offense was much closer to the Spread he ran in Baylor than what he is running now. That said, there is simply no excuse for missing wide open guys when you have a clean pocket.

MoWilkBeast, FJF and grkmanga31 like this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I hope they told Todd to play Hack but make sure you Tank this game..or no next year for you .heheheh...

Brook! likes this.
  13. grkmanga31

Agreed. I think any time you have a player learn one system and then pivot to another system you run the risk of screwing around with that players progression. Petty seems to be the prime candidate for that as he looks a lot less precise, a lot less comfortable and pretty jittery out there.

14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Just give Petty one more game to prove that he is useless so we don't burn a high pick on a QB unless we need to.

15. FJF

We need to use that pick on a qb(unless cousins) nothing that will happen Sunday will change that

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Fanbase is really fed up with washed up QB's. Jets fans need excitement. Cousins fits the bill perfectly. Darnold/Rosen aren't going to be possible anyway. Open the wallet, make Cousins an offer he can't refuse, use your rest of the money to solidify OL and RB corps, bring in another vet WR who can play in the slot and call it an off-season.

17. grkmanga31

Would think this is deff a possibility but I also think that certain QB's will generate a lot of buzz. One in particular, Baker Mayfield, would create a ton of buzz. Ultimately, it's not even the buzz that matters but for sure the jets fan base is uninterested and almost numb to the fact that we have not made the playoffs in 7 seasons and have been a mediocre team.

I would be very happy with either scenario. Jets can turn things around with both and can infuse a ton of energy into the team

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well the way Petty has been playing, that statement is open to debate

19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Hence the quotation marks.

20. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Maybe he sucks so bad Christopher Johnson calls up Woody and says, "hey bro. Gotta sack Mac. That Hackenberg kid looks god awful. My gut says we hit the hard reset button and fire both the GM and coach." Woody replies, "Fire those cocksuckers, and make that DeCosta guy in Baltimore an offer he can't refuse. I'll have Trump contact the Russians to help make it happen. Later bro."

K'OB and Boomboom like this.