Bowles afraid of team's motivation if he goes with Petty...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Nov 17, 2016.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Came here to see all the rancor and viciousness against this, and there's not a thread on it yet? What gives?

Anyone else feel like it's the tail wagging the dog over there? How about you figure out how to motivate your players to play the games, use your authority as a coach to shut their asses up, and do what YOU want to do?

Not sure if the article is true, it's Mehta after all. But it merits some discussion regardless.

greaser and rohirrim665 like this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

There's no hope for that pussy. He has no balls and he's not HC material. If Woody doesn't fire Bowles at the end of this season, I hope that they go 0-16 next season and the players revolt.

NYJetsO12 and tomdeb like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That's all you need to know.

wampa, Dom, playtowinthegame and 4 others like this.
  4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

What does it matter at this point...the season is over Bowles

It's better off for Petty to get experience over all else.

The team "quitting" is literally irrelevant at this point

zace and Jake like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Pretty much. And as far as I'm concerned the team has already pretty much quit.

6. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Could things be worse if they did quit?

7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Except that I could totally see Bowles being worried about the players quitting. Especially when his own job is on the line.

Honestly if Bowles had any balls he'd use it as a test TO see who quits and who doesn't. There's at least one or two prominent defensive linemen that probably will, among others.

jetsclaps likes this.
  8. Gunther

Gunther Member

How can a young QB in his third year lose the starting job when he won it outright in the first place to a journeyman QB? Hint..... By being a Jet. Jets screwed over Geno to the point where the relationship is done. Kiss a journeyman's ass who has never made it to the playoffs, and people wonder why we are struggling. Are you serious? And the Jets still have no QB. Prescott and Wentz are better than Petty easily, and this is their first year. Petty is not the answer, and we have to waste more time for the billionaire and his henchmen reporters to acknowledge that.

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I get the logic, honestly. If Petty looks like such dogshit in practice, it's hard to ask the other guys to throw their bodies on the line for a lost cause, even if the fans think its for the best. If you're going to go out there and play, you want the best guys to play and you want to win. A team should be a total meritocracy.

As fans, we've seen enough of Fitz and we'd like to see what we have in Petty. That's because we don't see what the team does day in and and out with Petty. Apparently, it's not so good.

This is where a healthy franchise has the leadership in place to do what's best for the team long term. Not real confident in Macc here to be honest.

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Mehta = didn't happen

11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

That's not the reason Geno wasn't the starting QB last year and you know that. Geno wasn't the starting QB last year cause Geno was a punk and got on the wrong side of a tempermental freak who's out of the league now. He was HANDED the job last year without even a competition until the IK incident happened.

And by the time Geno came back Fitz was the leader of the team, and Geno obviously lost a lot of respect because of the incident.

NYJetsO12 and greaser like this.
  12. Gunther

Gunther Member

Nonsense. Did you speak to any Jet player personally or are you going by the media who obviously wanted Fitzpatrick to be the Jets starter? The media found a way to blame the QB even though that should have fallen on the head coach, but since it was his first year, and the media was steadfast on getting rid of Rex Ryan there was no way they were going to talk negative about the new coach. That would have been admitting that they were wrong in getting rid of Rex, and they will never admit they made a mistake. So a third year QB takes the heat and the media every single week sings in harmony about how great a journeyman QB is, and how he is what the Jets need, and fans ate it up.

Now look at the Jets. A weak head coach, no leadership at qb, and no direction. That's what happens when you throw a third year QB under the bus. No Future.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i see mehta found his "sources" again

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'm SOOOO glad we no longer have the clown running up and down the sidelines, screaming at refs, motivating his players. What a circus!!! Thank God for a calm, professional coaching staff.

15. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Yeah, ooohhh Bowles must be worried and terrified. Up until now this team has played so well, he must be really worried that if he makes the wrong call now that the team quits on him and everything goes downhill and we start losing games.

[​IMG]

Get the fuck out of here with this shit. This team has been absolutely pathetic this year, there is nothing for Bowles to worry about as far as losing the team. Like these bums can play any worse. Mehta that fucking dunce is the worst when it comes to making up bullshit. It doesn't even sound remotely like it makes any sense.

16. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I think there are problems with the logic. First off, its only one game, but Petty played mediocre, not bad. The veterans may have thought Fitz would put up 300+ 3TD's,0Int's against the Rams, but lets be realistic. In some of the film review I read, Petty made the right initial reads, but too often locked onto that read. Well guess what! That was Fitz' problem in a nutshell. It was actually worse with Fitz, as you KNEW he was going to Marshall most of the time. Give Petty some time to mature and lets see if he can correct this flaw in his game. If he does, I think he can be a good get. Time will tell.

Second, if that news story is true, its a sorry state for the Jets. Identify the players that dont put 100% on the field and target them for being cut. They show no mettle and no character and I dont want them on the team. And the coach that cant get 100% out of the players needs to be cut as well.

The season is lost, but show the fanbase something to root for in the future goddamit!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Mehta = nonsense.

The real crime is that the coaching staff and gm either are incapable of developing a QB or their draft
    decisions suck.

Ron

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

You know this after one combined start between Petty and Hackenberg?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

FJF and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This story reeks of fabrication at its finest. Mehta is a joke. He always pulls this shit when the Jets are in some sort of turmoil. The guy is a clown reporter.

Get me an actual source and then I'll believe it, until then, fuck off.

There is no way, anyone, would worry about the team playing worse at this point. It just doesn't make sense with the situation that is.

I expect Petty to start at this point, nothing else would make any sense.

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Petty is another Matt Simms/Greg Mclroy.Not the answer and who knows what Hack is