Blowout Losses

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bicketybam, Nov 7, 2022.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Through the first 9 games last year we were blown out in 5 of them (NEx2, DEN, IND and BUF.)

This year we have really only been blown out in 2 games and none were as bad as some of the beatings we took in the first 9 games last year. That says so much about the talent Joe Douglas has brought in as well as the growth of the coaching staff. Since Zach has come back and the defense had their "come to Jesus moment" this team has only lost 1 game and it was far from a blowout. There is no quit in this team. I loved when Saleh made his "taking receipts" comments because he believed in what he saw everyday in practice and knew the best was yet to come.

A lot of people said they'd be happy with the Jets being competitive this year, even if it didn't show up in the win column. There should be a lot of happy people then because this team competes week in and week out. The effort has been amazing and I put a lot of that on the CS and the rest on the players for believing in themselves and their teammates. This is not the SOJ.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

So it's not the new uniforms?

Jets69, Noam and Cman68 like this.
  3. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

The young talent on the team is astounding. You know I’ve been incredibly critical, but I’ve been proved wrong on almost every front and I’m thrilled to finally say that. From the FO to coaching to players there’s really nothing I can look at as a major flaw. Even Zach showed he can play the game from the pocket and manage the game like a pro. There’s really so much to be optimistic about and with the exception of Moore everyone in the building seems to have bought into the system. It feels like bright horizons for the Jets.

Nyjets4eva and bicketybam like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think that's why they shun the Leprechaun Green ensemble..

Acad23 likes this.
  5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t even count those two losses to Baltimore and the Bengals as “blow outs” - the Jets were still alive in the Ravens game at the start of the fourth quarter and a dropped TD pass by Carter would have made the score a lot closer.

I guess the Bengals game the Jets were never really in but is a 15 point loss really a blowout? I’ve personally always considered blowouts to be around the 20 point differential.

But with your point I was just telling a friend in fact I have a picture of Saleh with his arms crossed and a disgusted look on his face at the end of last year’s Buffalo game when the score read 45-10. That was exactly a year ago. The team the Jets beat yesterday was almost exactly the same team talent wise. So that alone shows the leaps and bounds the Jets have made as a franchise.

Hell as disappointing as last week was - the Jets only lost by 5 and the entire game swung on a defensive penalty.

Brook!, Fiftynine, BudJet and 3 others like this.
  6. bicketybam

Excellent post and I'm glad you made it. It's changed my perception of you because I honestly thought you were a dickhead troll. Now I know you are no troll

Noam, cval and NJJets like this.
  7. bicketybam

A lot of guys here considered them blowouts. I didn't
    think the Ravens game was but so be it.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We must stick with the undefeated uniform, and it is looking more and more beautiful every week. Stealth green rules.

bicketybam likes this.
  9. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I see what you did there . I’m just an incredibly long standing fan and my patience is really thin. I’m at the stage where I can probably count on one hand the number of regime changes I’m gonna live through. praying this is the one.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  10. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

It's because we stopped trying to throw the ball. We're running the ball and limiting sacks and turnovers. When you have a good defense, too ... that results in close games.

11. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

All Zach has to do now is look at his stat line against Buffalo while being a pocket passer and not trying to play Hero ball. 72% completion, 154 yards not great but sufficient and a 101 passerating with no interceptions & 1 TD passing. This should truly be a wake-up call that turns the light on for him and obviously he can do that because in one week he corrected a lot of his flaws. Playing hero ball was his choice of play and not something that he can't fix. I also think Lafleur called a much better game for Zack to be successful.. this team is really starting to find out who they are and what they are capable of doing both defensively and offensively.. go Jets

#11 BudJet, Nov 7, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    Jets79 likes this.
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

If it wasn’t for the shanked punt and the long TD on a blown coverage the Ravens game would’ve been a lot closer.

13. bicketybam

It was a joke even though another poster couldn't figure that out. We can't all be intelligent I wasn't really ragging on you but I could have been clearer for the people that aren't as bright. My bad.

14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

this is the type of draft that builds a dynasty. we have so many good young players on cheap deals and good vets in the holes. I really don't see much of a weakness on the etam right now. o-line needs help but mostly due to injury, still we do need a lineman for sure. can't count on becton at all. probably a DT to be next to williams. and a LBer unless we keep kwon. needs are few these days. just need time to develop already good players into better ones

Brook!, Acad23, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  15. bicketybam

Excellent observation. This team has been built that even if Wilson doesn't pan out, they will still be fine with a plug and play QB. Douglas did an amazing job with a few miscues along the way. Not bad for a first time GM.

Brook!, Jets79, Fiftynine and 2 others like this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

exactly. if wilson isn't the guy, whoever we replace him with can step right in to a good team. even a limited smart vet like jimmy g could pilot this team.

bicketybam and Noam like this.
  17. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I didn’t take offense. I’m a die hard fan thin on patience. You’re gonna feel my grumpiness now and again. On the flip side I always concede when I was wrong. I didn’t think Zach was capable of playing his position traditionally. More often than not young QB’s who constantly bail on a play prematurely are doing so because they don’t understand what they’re seeing. Zach proved me wrong yesterday. That said, he’s proven he can be a competent QB. He hasn’t proven he is a franchise caliber top 10 guy yet but I’m happy to see the progress he showed and most importantly I’m happy we’re 6-3 with so many promising young players.

bicketybam likes this.
  18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yeah…I think we need OL…honestly I’d keep Kwon and go for a true ball hawking free safety ahead of a LB

and if we get rid of Moore probably a WR

19. GasedAndConfused

I don't know if LBer is a big need to be honest. CJ has been really good this year. quincy has improved in the pass game and was always a great run thumper for us. kwon is a sideline to sideline tackling machine. sherwood looked good filling in for mosley. If we keep kwon, i wouldn't put LBer high. I really think at this point it's just o-line and then whatever we lose (kwon, joyner, are possible losses)

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Great thread actually. So many good perspective. We are close to a dynasty. Not only because of the players but because of the people running the show now in Joe D and Robert Saleh. I always loved Joe D but boy oh boy was I wrong about Saleh. I thought he was a blowhard guy with no X's and O's knowledge but he is making me eat crow big time.

Now time for Zach to make me eat crow. I just lost my trust to him big time after the Pats game after watching 3 INT's at close distance. As long as he doesn't shit the bed like he did against the Pats game, I will stay quiet about him.

bicketybam likes this.