Blown opportunities

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by teamgreen, Nov 14, 2011.

1. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

-2x red zone opportunities with nothing to show for it.
    -Good field position on all but 2 of 13 possessions
    -3 x dropped INTs
    -1 x fumble not recovered
    -3 x sack opportunities missed the close/ allowed an escape and big play on each
    -3 x turnovers; 2 x with the game in limbo
    -inability to take advantage of depleted secondary and LB Corps through poor QB reads and Oline blocking schemes
    -Defense out of position and blown coverage on 3 different occassions, allowing 10+ yard gains on each

This team shit the bed tonight, that game was the most embarrasing of the season

2. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Completely true I was saying the same thing. Good news is the only way to go from there is up. Get rid of Schitty please.

3. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

Did you forget the Ravens game? That was easily the most embarrassing lost of the season.

4. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

by far...it's like everyone in that locker room completely self destructs when they have a chance to have everyone in their rearview mirror

5. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Post just because you have a great avatar!

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You are obviously ignoring the other option, which is STAYING WHERE YOU ARE. (Guess what Schottenheimer has been doing all along.)

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

No, it wasn't.

The defense and special teams played really well that game. The offense lost that game, and a huge part of that was no Mangold. at least there was a legitimate reason.

You can't look at any of the 3 units and say they played well tonight. and there was NO excuse at Home with a team as injured as the pats were

8. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

IMHO - Tonight was about Sanchez and lack of execution. I am a Sanchez fan, but this game was brutal. He looked scared and cautious. That, by itself, leads to poor judgement. Why does this kid, who has enough skills and tangibles to succeed in this league, look terrified?

9. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

For the life of me I'll never understand why we let Joe McKnight have a shot at a punt return when he's had so little practice over the season and has shown awful decision-making in that role during his few opportunities at that role.

At the same time, I would love to hear the excuses to keeping him on the bench on offense week after week.

10. Shemy

Shemy Member

+calling the timeout to stop the clock, and giving Brady enough time to go for the TD in the first half
    +missing a fvkn sitter of a FG

your looking @ a 12-6 game @ the half

nothing went right for us in the end, this is a embarrassing loss rate it higher than the Ravens one because once again we are going to be looking @ a wildcard spot @ best