Blessuan Our Hearts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Nov 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Final got a draft pick that is contributing besides Adams from the Maccagnan Era. This guy had solidified a trouble spot at CB. Great value from a 6th round injured pick. I hope he continues to grow and make an impact.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

so no other Macc pick has contributed? Go back to sleep

IIMeanDeanII and Jets69 like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I realize this thread was all about the clever(ish) title but really? More thought in the o.p. would have been nice. Now does brook merge it with the main blessuan thread or the more recent shout out to cbs thread?

4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

And today's winner of the most moronic thread goes to....

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Maccagnan neglected our O-Line and CB positions but let's not act as if he didn't improve our talent (roster wise) and we're much more talented than what Idzik left us with.

Sam Darnold.
    Le'Veon Bell.
    Ty Montgomery.
    Robby Anderson.
    Jamison Crowder.
    Chris Herndon.

Jamal Adams.
    Marcus Maye.
    C.J Mosley.
    Jordan Jenkins.

It's too early to tell on our rookie class but we did receive a 3rd and 5th round picks for one of his draftee's in Leonard Williams etc.

It would have been easy if all Maccagnan had to do was focus on our O-Line, however he couldn't due to the flat out garbage that Idzik left us with.

All that matters is Sam Darnold. He traded up from 6th to 3rd and put us in position to draft one of the Franchise QB's and that we did with Sam Darnold. Like it or hate it, we ever win a SB with Sam Darnold and Maccagnan goes down as a hero.

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

You're probably right.....

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Adams.Now you name one

tomdeb likes this.
  8. FJF

Hold your tickets, Robbie jumped into the stands.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I know you're Mr. Positive but you don't get credit as a GM for signing an ILB to the richest contract at his position ever and then signing a runningback to the third highest contract at his position when he hasn't played in 21 months.

Ty Montgomery is a third string runningback and Chris Herndon had one decent rookie year as essentially the #1 target before being suspended and then injured the rest of his second.

He also went and took back to back safeties in a draft following the 2016 team that finished 30th in points scored and decided that Josh McCown was their man for the next year.

Every GM is going sign or draft some successful players. Maccagnan was an absolute disaster.

Idzik also made moves for Eric Decker and Chris Ivory, and drafted Enunwa in a year. And he was a disaster.

10. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Dude
    Many Mac picks are working out...

noy saying he’s George Young but he has quite a few picks playing quite well

BacktoQueens likes this.
  11. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Did you really just try to spin the Leonard Williams pick as a win for Mcacgnan? Because his successor get the Giants on a sucker deal?

He is the definition of a bust.

HomeoftheJets, NCJetsfan and tomdeb like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Huh? We have five players still on the roster from three drafts (2015-2017). Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye, Jordan Jenkins, Brandon Shell and Lachlan Edwards. We had 22 picks over that time. 9/22 of those players aren't even in the NFL anymore.

He spent a second round pick on Christian Hackenberg.

We cut our third round pick before the season started. The tightend we drafted in the fourth round this year has been buried on the depth chart by a guy we signed in camp and someone named Daniel Brown who was signed two weeks ago.

8 players from the third and fourth round in the 2017 draft are out of the league. We have two of them. They combined for 15 career receptions.

He signed Trumaine Johnson.

Maccagnan was an absolute disaster. Just because we have a couple of guys that have had a couple good games this year does not change any of these facts.

13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

He was worse than Tannanbaum but better than Idzik. He was decent in the trade dept - made some good deals. He had disastrous FA signings - Wilkerson, Revis, Johnson. That being said he was smart enough to include an out clause in most of those deals. His drafts were definitely below average although it appears he has hit on a couple of late rounders ( too little too late )

It’s like what another poster said yesterday. If The Jets win a SB with Darnold at the helm Mac will be remembered fondly ( whether or not the trade up to select Darnold is considered smart business, lucky, or both. )

CotcheryFan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I liked your Post DWC ..but lets no go crazy here . Do you want Mac back ? I dont..the Guy drafted BPA or a DL every year..feh

Your list represents $ from Cap Space spent on high priced free agents eg Bell Mosley Crowder Montgomery..and as Wischusen explained having so much Cap Space is NOT a good thing since it means you had poor talent drafted from previous years

So yes, big thank you for Sam D Anderson and Adams but after Sam D its mostly lucky picks vs Ist round busts like Lenny W ..plus Herndons as suspect as J Polite smh

15. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Check out @AceFan23’s Tweet:

NCJetsfan, IDFjet and jilozzo like this.
  16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Not for nothing but do you guys have to shit on practically every thread that someone starts? I realize there are serial offenders and I'm all for that and I'm all in but Geez Louise.

Centiment, mrmajix and Mr mittens like this.
  17. FJF

yes. Every single thread that really didn’t need to be made should get the same treatment.

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Are you on crack?

Absolute disaster implies the guy did nothing right. That just isn't true.

Also, I like how you are super selective over the negatives... McScuse me, but, the guy wasn't fired in 2017. Nice try, doh.

Mac took a flyer on a second round QB. Jesus Christ... Who cares? It was at a premier position, the guy was taking a risk, yes, he was being too cute, but it's not like he drafted a KICKER in the 2nd round, which has happened with this team, if you are unaware.

Oh, btw, I think he redeemed himself by acquiring our current/potential FQB in, Darnold. Just sayin.

The tightend he drafted has been suspended and injured. The one game he did start, he got injured again and placed on IR.

Are you okay? I feel like you are tweaking out non-sense just because you don't know who else to blame for things at this point.

Nobody foresaw True laying down once he got his big contract. Everyone on these boards and around the league was praising the signing at the time. Yes, hindsight, but sometimes shit just happens. Case in point.

I'm dizzy.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

The kicker was drafted in the second the year after we missed the playoffs BECAUSE of our kicker. It was still a bonehead move but the context should be provided for that decision.

The tightend I'm talking about is Trevor Wesco, not Herndon.

But if you want to talk about Herndon, bring Polite, and Dylan Donahue into the mix as well. Three guys who proved to have character issues.

He took a flyer on a quarterback that the rest of league projected being a reach if he was taken in the fifth round. Hackenberg hadn't played good football in two years when we decided to use a premium pick on him. At least Geno had a lot of college success.

He continually invested in defensive tackles and secondary players, by way of both the draft and free agency. We finally have some good players are those positions after five years and three first round draft picks in five years, and two record breaking cornerback contracts. Hurrah.

He gets credit for Darnold if he pans out and continues to play well.

The guy was a mess of a general manager. He gave out record breaking or near record breaking contracts three separate times for their given position groups.

We can forget about the mess he left us because Blessuan Austin and Nathan Shepherd have each had three good games?

HomeoftheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

LOL!!! Oh, please. Of all the NFL draftees between 2015--2019 (MacCagnan's tenure), the jets have the lowest number of players playing for the team that drafted them--more than any other NFL team (you can look it up). Many of MacCagnan's high picks are already out of the league like Hackenberg, Stewart, Hansen, Maulden, etc. or on a practice squad somewhere. Maccagnan did not move up to get Darnold (and I think he overpaid with three second round picks to move only 3 spots)--He moved up to get one of four QBs--Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, or Allen We got lucky the Giants took RB Barkley, or else we likely would have spent a first round pick and three second round picks on either Rosen or Allen. Don't get me wrong--I am glad the jets got Darnold. But hitting on a QB in 5 drafts hardly makes him a hero.

And your claim that Maccagnan could NOT draft on the OL because Idzik left him "garbage" (your word) is absurd. Sorry, but that makes no sense at all! I have never heard THAT before--your claim that because Idzik left the jets with a poor roster, that meant Maccagnan could NOT draft at the position (OL) where a team needs the most players per snap (?????) Go back and watch MacCagnan's introductory press conference with the jets --he actually announced that he believed a team can build an quality OL with late round picks and free agents--his philosophy was/is that you do NOT need to draft OL very high, if at all. He followed/kept to that asinine belief by drafting only three OL in 5 years with the jets-- two in round 5 and 1 in late round 3. It has/had nothing to do with Idzik. Maybe that is why no one rushed to hire MacCagnan after his overdue firing from the jets. Nothing personal, but I remember that you were always in the small minority that always defended MacCagnan and his ridiculous moves with the jets, which led to us to 5-11, 5-11 , and 4-12 his last three years here --You are probably unhappy MacCagnan is gone--I am not.

NCJetsfan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.