Bioshock 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Steve032, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Did anyone else pick or plan to pick up Bioshock 2? Mine should be in my mailbox today or tomorrow (PS3 version). I will be going through the single player mostly at first, but I will definitely play some multiplayer is anyone wants to check it out and play a few rounds.

I really enjoyed the first Bioshock title and have been looking forward to this for awhile now. The reviews were higher than I expected. It seems like most people think the gameplay has improved since the first game but the graphics haven't really been upgraded. I've heard mixed things about the story, but it would be extremely difficult to surpass Bioshock's story unless they left Rapture and made the game take place somewhere else.

Anyone have any thoughts on the game so far? I will be back later tonight to give my initial thoughts/impressions.

Please mark any spoilers in your posts.
    My PSN name is clarke032

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

My friend got it for me.

I loved the first one...and I like 2.

Although, it's kind of lame you can keep dying and using the vital chamber to kill harder bosses.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

^ they can be turned off from the pause menu, makes the game more satisfying.

4. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

It's not that hard, and is identical to the last one in terms of graphics.

5. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I finally got a copy of this since my other one got lost in the mail. The gameplay is very similar to the original Bioshock with a few new features. I really like being able to dual wield both the plasmid and the gun. The hacking is also much improved, although the response seems a little bit delayed. It is also nice that all of the tonic slot are one category this time.

I feel like this game is a little more difficult that the first, but still on the easier side. I really wish they had rechargeable health like most FPS these days.

6. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

still havnt got through the first one. everytime i play it i cant get into it and go to something else. idk maybe ill try again soon so i can get 2. third times a charm lol

7. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Less then impressed heard a lot of good things about 1st so decided to get 2nd upon release I'll prob be selling back sometime in next couple weeks a lot of good games coming out over next month or so.

8. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

you aint kidding i already preordered heavy rain, god of war 3, final fantasy 13, and i plan on picking up mlb the show 10, mag, and lego harry potter, yes i said it lego harry potter lol

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I just finished it last night. The story is by no means as good as the first, but I really enjoyed the 2nd half of the game and the ending. I have 2 copies of the game (since the one that was lost in the mail finally came) so if anyone is interested in buying a sealed copy of the game, please let me know.

10. Slash Mayhem

Slash Mayhem New Member

lmao thats awesome.

11. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Just finished it and I didn't love it. Not nearly as enjoyable for me as the first one.
    View Conversation Edit Report