Bills trading Diggs to Houston

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GREG, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Diggs has been a better WR than all of those guys (and Julio Jones was coming off of a season that he missed half of prior to that trade plus was 2 years older than Diggs).

Maybe it had to do with his discontent but it's a curious move for the Bills. They're trying to push themselves to the next level toward winning a Super Bowl and needed WR help before today and just traded away one of the better receivers in the league for what will likely amount to a late 2nd round pick in 2025 (because Diggs is being traded to Houston, not Minnesota - not sure if I'm missing something here).

Only time will tell - maybe the Bills give up the farm to get one of the top 3 WRs - but looking at it now, the Bills just got a lot worse and I don't know how you argue that

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Didn't Diggs play tail off during the 2nd half of the season. He had that big drop on the long pass in the playoff game against the Chiefs. He is 30 and will be 31. The Bills may take a step back in 2024 but long-term this is a good move.

4. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what happens. Everyone figured we'd move on from him after this upcoming season. At that point, you probably wouldnt get anything for him, you'd be cutting him outright, or perhaps you're getting some irrelevant late pick. The question is, which would you rather have, 1 more year of Diggs and nothing, or a high 2nd round pick and 1 less year? I'm not sure I know the answer to that now. It will probably depend on who they add in the draft and how both perform next year. If the Bills are able to add a guy that can contribute this year along with Samuel, Kincaid, Shakir and Cook, then they are looking pretty smart by netting a high 2 and getting rid of him a year early. But if the guy they get is a JAG, and they struggle to move the ball, then it probably looks bad. We'll see.

5. JetFanInPA

We won't know for at least a season or two if this was a smart move or not. Where do you get high 2nd round pick from? It's the Texans 2025 pick and it looks like they'll be a top team again next year (especially after this trade) so that'll probably be a late 2nd

6. JetFanInPA

Could end up falling under the category of getting rid of somebody a year early rather than a year late.

I'm happy the Jets don't have to face him though

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yes but even when Diggs wasnt catching passes he was big for that offense with the attention he received.

Khalil Shakir sp? Ain’t going to be able to replace that.

This is a big loss for them in an offseason of several big losses

(I also think that KC drop was overblown. The pass died in the air. He had to stop, look back, and try to pull in that quacking duck all while he was being defended closely. Not exactly an Allen Lazard drop!)

8. Bills over Jets

It is Minnesota’s 2nd rounder, I expect them to be pretty bad this year unless they hit on a Stroud-level rookie QB.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Don't know long term implications but I am glad Diggs is out of the division.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You got all that from a left bracket?

11. Bills over Jets

Houston re-worked Diggs contract, reducing it to a 1 year deal instead of 3. He’ll now be a FA after the year.

This makes it even more strange for me. I guess Houston gave up a high 2 for a rental? Seems weird.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Josh Allen was just another guy without Stefon Diggs

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Huh?

That was like when my friends and I used to play Pictionary back in the day. We're all artists, but one of my buddies once drew a blob that could've either been a caterpillar, a marshmallow circus peanut, or a pile of shit and my other friend guessed, "Antarctica!" on the first shot. How the fck do you get Antarctica out of that?

So, how did you arrive at this? Pictionary? o_O

14. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Not sure what you didn't get....

Sent from my genius mind.

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Maybe you quoted the wrong person? All he said was ]. That's what he said: ]

16. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

The Bills are much worse than last year.

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

BOJ will somehow try to spin at that they aren't. Just wait for it.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The mighty redwoods have saplings that sprout after forest fires. Diggs is simply a minor brush fire.