Bills to allow full attendance with prove of vaccine

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GREG, Apr 14, 2021.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Don't agree with it at all. If I can show a negative test within X hours, there shouldn't be an issue.

NYJFOREVER, cval and matt robinson 17 like this.
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Fake vaccine cards going around too

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I agree with you but I expect other teams to follow what the Bills will do especially the Jets-Giants. NY and NJ share the same brain when it comes to stuff like this.

4. dawinner127

I think the only difference here is that these stadiums / arenas are county owned so the Mayor is the one making these decisions and don't need state approval.

The Bills are requiring you to use an app to prove you are vaccinated vs that little shitty card they give you at the vaccination center.

patleahy likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I hope they get a guy with a heavy German accent at every gate asking to see the papers.

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I don't have a problem with full stadiums in September to be honest. Vaccine mandate is unnecessary. Folks who are vaccinated and folks who chose not get vaccinated can still coexist in a stadium given the person who isn't vaccinated is accepting the risk.

That said ,a negative PCR should also allow folks to enter the stadium imho.

What is the joke here sir? I didn't get it again :(

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Nazi Germany would have check points where you would have to show your travel papers. In the movies it would always be “let me see your papers”

mrjet80 and Brook! like this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Not exactly, as Maxwell Smart used to say. Erie County will continue to comply with state limits on maximum attendance, which are currently at 20% for large outdoor sports arenas, but it seems like the County Executive there is using opening the stadium as a carrot to get more people from his county vaccinated to use as leverage in having the state continue to increase capacities.

"We have worked with NYSDOH all along and will continue to follow their guidance as to what “maximum capacity” might be by the start of the football season, but the bottom line is that the more people who get vaccinated in the next few months, the better the chance of a full stadium in the fall, which is what everyone wants.
    Peter Anderson, spokesperson for Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz"

Cuomo: Not sure if Poloncarz has authority to make decision on how to allow fans at Highmark Stadium (wkbw.com)

9. dawinner127

I would be shocked if stadiums around the league aren't full come September.

cval likes this.
  10. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

^^LOL this is quite possibly from favorite witty comment since I joined the board in December. Well-done, FJF. I dig your unique sense of humour. ;):):D:D

11. patleahy

Just out of curiosity, Dawinner, since all they give you is that shitty little paper card when u get vaxxed, how is an app capable of "proving" you have been vaxxed?

12. dawinner127

I’m not really sure honestly. I remember reading an article about how the Rangers/Knicks and Nets were test running an app that they scanned. I guess it would require some sort of database that you’ve been vaccinated but from what i understand that doesn’t exist.

patleahy likes this.
  13. patleahy

yes, that is exactly what I was going to say in my initial question. As I understand it, the federal govt. has not been maintaining a database of vaccinations based upon each person's individual identity/legal name or social security #....so I am confused as well, as to how any kind of app would be able to reliably prove that an individual person has been vaccinated.

14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

If you get vaxxed through VAMS you can download a certificate to your phone (or print it out). It had the dates, lot numbers, etc.

patleahy likes this.
  15. patleahy

thanks bicketybam. But if you didn't get vaxxed through VAMS, I guess you are screwed until and unless they devise a national database or something.

16. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I imagine that it is using the Excelsior Pass that the state has implemented. That draws on the official database of vaccination records. You can get the pass when you are "fully vaccinated" (i.e., two weeks after your last shot).

https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/excelsior-pass

This is what they say about that database:

dawinner127 and patleahy like this.
  17. patleahy

hmmm interesting. thanks, statjeff.