Biden VP Pick New Poll

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HomeoftheJets, Jun 28, 2020.

?

Options:

1. Kamala Harris

36.4%
  2. Val Demings

9.1%
  3. Susan Rice

9.1%
  4. Tammy Duckworth

36.4%
  5. Elizabeth Warren

9.1%
  6. Michelle Obama

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Keisha Lance Bottoms

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Michelle Lujan Grisham

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Stacey Abrams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Tammy Baldwin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

With Klobuchar out of the picture, I'm starting a new poll for who you think Biden should pick as his running mate.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Wasn't this already covered?

3. HomeoftheJets

Yes and Klobuchar got the most votes, so that poll doesn't mean anything anymore.

4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Continuous polls over and over tell alot? For now?

stinkyB likes this.
  5. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

"Al Gore wins Florida"

stinkyB likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

The purpose isn't to predict who the VP nominee will be, it's to see TGG's opinions on the candidates.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Is Elizabeth Warren suddenly a woman of color? I know she lied her way into being one for a while...

It's starting to feel like the lowest key candidate is going to be the best choice. Just like the hide Biden in the basement strategy. The less controversy the better. No hard questions - stick to the we're not Trump campaign.

Kamala Harris has zero chance in the center of this country and swing states like Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, etc. She's also not the far lefts favorite person with her historical weed convictions (although not a ton of serious jail time with those).

I just can't see them rolling with Abrams. Not accomplishes enough and her only platform is that she's black and you're racist for not supporting her.

I don't think Susan Rice is a dynamic enough character or public speaker. Keisha Lance Bottoms calling for the Rayshard Brooks cops to be fired/arrested/burned at the stake prior to arrest is too controversial.

This Grisham gal from New Mexico seems reasonable. What happened to Whitmer in these poll? Too many Tammy's for one poll.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Obama would be best however I'm guessing she is a no.

Susan Rice after that.

Klobuchar's dealings on police vs citizen violence apparently did her in. Probably a good thing given that whoever the candidate is we're going to see a huge escalation on whatever their issues are as the GOP desperately tries to avoid an election day wipeout.

Donald Trump always leaves the firm he heads in ruins as he somehow skates on to sell his BS to another audience. I think the GOP is going to learn that lesson the hard way. They could have just looked at his track record and gone down fighting in 2016 and they'd likely have avoided the wipeouts in 2018 and 2020.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

They weren't exactly fishing in a stocked pond.

10. HomeoftheJets

I listed the candidates with the best odds on PredictIt, and Whitmer is no longer one of them. Probably because she's too controversial after Michigan's lockdowns, plus she's white. I voted for Duckworth; she's liberal enough that the left doesn't hate her, but she isn't so far left that she turns off swing voters. Plus she takes away Trump's appeals to "patriotism."

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I voted for Duckworth. She's bad ass.

A war hero vs. the draft dodger who lets Russians take out bounties on our troops. Lets let people decide who they respect more

Cman65 likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You realize Biden is still alive, right?

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

They had a stocked pond. That said, most of the people in there were last gen GOP, before the GOP-TP, and the crowd wasn't listening to them much once the grand buffoon showed up on the stage.

What's amazing is how quickly the GOP has become stupid. Like their politics or not at least they had some real intellectual weight in the crowd making the arguments. Now they are like a bunch of walruses on the beach trying to bark the loudest.

14. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

If I were Biden, I would forget about the must African American woman VP candidate. I would pick Julian Castro. Besides being highly qualified, Castro is Harvard educated and does 2 things for the ticket. He energizes Latinos to vote and since he is a minority, would appeal to people of color and other minority voters. Secondly, he puts Texas in play. Trump beat Hilary in Texas by only 9 points as compared to double digits for surrounding states such as Oklahoma and Arkansas.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Most of the fish in that pond were floating on their sides barely flitting their gills.

16. HerndonFan

HerndonFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

They chose to have the Religious Right be part of their base. It might've helped in the '80s, but it's making otherwise rational people look batsh!t crazy by trying to appeal to them. Now they're repelling more suburban voters with each passing election. A Larry Hogan, Charlie Baker, or Mike DeWine has no shot in a primary these days. They're RINO's because they're not right wing enough.

The best thing that can happen to Republicans this year is a landslide that not only removes Trump next January, but costs them the Senate as well. Rebrand as a party that embraces the free market with reasonable regulations, moderate on social issues that turn off potential supporters, genuinely support small businesses, quit ranting about public education but look for ways to improve it, supports investment in infrastructure while making sure the money is properly spent. Acknowledge that big money in politics is a problem and work to fix it. And embrace some kind of immigration reform that includes a path to citizenship for dreamers. I feel like I could be a political consultant. :)

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well said. The Republican party could gain a lot by giving up a couple key religious fights in gay marriage being an issue and a push for absolute bans on abortion.

If the abolish those two ideologies, they open themselves up to an entirely new base of potential voters.

A loss of all three branches would be bad for this country though, especially if government officials are going to wreck police departments and the military bases on protests. We've seen the defund the police movement influence several major cities local budgets. Imagine if something like that gains national steam.

18. HomeoftheJets

If the Democrats take a hard left turn, and the Republicans become reasonable, I would have no problem voting Republican.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Conde Rice.

lol.

I'm a Condoleeza fan, and I'll tell you why. She's an American success story and no-one ever gave her anything. The racial garbage that that woman suffered because of who she worked for was atrocious, and you wouldn't see the likes of Kamala Harris TODAY saying anything whatsoever to defend her.

She always handled it with grace, and let's even brush aside the relentless cartoons depicting her as a monkey swingng through the branches of the jungle or throwing coconuts for a moment. I'll get Petrozza flagged by Google for what she was called on a daily basis. House Nigga might slide under the radar, and that's mild.

Dierking once said to me when I mentioned this years ago that she's dumb as a stick. That's fine. He completely glossed over everything else I said about it, which is pretty much my point. I'm not in the least implying that Dierking of all people is a racist, what I am saying is that people are very selective about what they choose to be outraged about.

Black Lives Matter can be awfully full of shit. "Well, it didn't exist then!" True enough. That being said, the unconscionable things that she was called is an absolute disgrace in any arena under any circumstances and no-one said anything. Period.

So I pick Conde Rice.

Burnz likes this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Biden was involved of course....he's always on the wrong side.