Best round 2 CB options

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetFighter, Apr 10, 2014.

1. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Assuming we go receiver with 18th pick in round 1, what would be the most likely best available CB option with our 2nd round pick. I'm thinking receiver round 1, cb round 2 is most likely scenario

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

pierre desir, bradley roby, stanley jean baptiste

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Baptiste is a good fit for our system but he might be considered a "reach" by our 2nd round pick but there's almost no shot he should be around by our 3rd round pick. Perfect trade down candidate to nab.

He turns 24 this year so that might be one of his blemishes.

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Roby and Fuller should both be long gone before the Jets pick in round 2 but you never know. Roberson, Baptiste and Breeland have been mentioned to the Jets a lot. Bapiste has been mocked quite a bit to the Jets in the 3rd round. I have seen Breeland fluctuate quite a bit between round 2 and 3. There is so much talent there that some very good players should drop into round 2 and 3. It is a real shame that the Revis pick got dropped to a 4th.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Imagine how the Bucs feel though. They gave up the 13 in 2013 and the 104 in 2014 and have nothing to show for it.

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Plus $16 million. They gave up all that for nothing except a new coach and new GM. In the long run that might be worth it as they may be a much better team with Lovie as coach. Although that is a tough division to succeed in. Now if we could pay that price to get rid of Woody it would be a bargain.

7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Stanley Jean-Baptise. Maybe Kyle Fuller.

I want no part of Bradley Roby.

8. Geno Da Meano_

Geno Da Meano_ Active Member

Fuller has so much potential. I'm hung up on whether he should move to safety or not though. He's very good tackler and seem's to be at his best when everything is in front of him.

9. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I was listening to Todd McShay and he's one of the few draft guys I really like. He wasn't talking about the Jets but he said two things, that give me some hope. First he said this is an all time deep draft, and that any teams rebuilding this year are very lucky because of what can be found in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds. He later said any teams that have need at CB and WR this year are really lucky because starters will be found through the second round at least. He also said Justin Gilbert was the most overrated player in the draft, something that I've thought for a while.

10. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I see Gilbert as another Antonio Cromartie clone. If him and Dennard were available at #18, I'd want Dennard no questions asked.

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Marcus Roberson

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

That's heresy. Jets gave up the one and only shutdown corner they ever had in recent times. They were stupid to do that. And y0u KNOW Jets were intent on taking Richardson at 9 if Revis stayed.

[In tone of BB]

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree. I was glad to see Revis leave. I despise his greedy ass. He made it impossible for the Jets to keep him with his constant holding out, threatening to hold out and outrageous contract demands. Eff him. I hope you were being sarcastic with the Richardson comment.

14. I love Jason Verrett. Almost more than even the 1st round guys Gilbert & Dennard

Tough,smart, great feet & hips. Great in space.Can play man & zone.The perfect CB to match-up against the Pats quick twitchy passing game.

RochesterJet likes this.
  15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You obviously missed the most important part - which happened to be the very last line.

16. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Revis was never staying, there were a few reasons Tanny got fired but creating a situation in which a Revis extension couldn't happen was one of the biggest. Idzik made the best of a bad situation. If the Jets didn't trade Revis, he would probably have signed with the Pats this offseason anyway and we wouldn't have a shiny new 1st round pick in return. Idzik's determination to get a pick in 2013 was awesome.

17. NCJetsfan

LOL Sorry, I saw it, but I didn't understand it when I first read it. Now I think I understand. Carry on.

18. Disagree.Gilbert has the size & athleticism to match up with virtually any WR & his ball skills are off the charts.Sure he lacks some experience in press & can use work on his tackling but there isnt much else to dislike

19. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Cromartie is about as prototypical as you can get at CB but if your technique is shit and you're soft you will NEVER be elite.

20. NCJetsfan

I agree. I've heard nothing about Gilbert being lazy or having a bad work ethic. If he works hard and wants to learn, the sky's the limit. You can't coach athleticism or even ball skills, although the latter can be improved somewhat. The CB position is my 4th choice for the 1st round (WR, OLB, OT), but if they do go that route, my preferences are Gilbert, Dennard, Fuller. If it's Roby I will puke.